Shadyman (DayZ)

Non-lethal weapons.

So, today i had this idea, that later in Dayz SA, Rocket could add non leathal weapons, i think it wouldnt be that bad, and it should be something to look in to.

• Like 6

Please elaborate on this? What non-lethals do you have on your mind? I instantly think of tazers but anything else?

• Like 1

By "nonlethal" do you mean (as macabre said) tazers or other stun weapons? Or like running around with a nerd gun?

Please elaborate on this? What non-lethals do you have on your mind? I instantly think of tazers but anything else?

Clubs/sticks, throwing items at players(and hitting them in the head), light/heavy objects like a baseball bat or a shovel, mixing medicine, using any weapon as a melee object, etc.

• Like 3

Clubs/sticks, throwing items at players(and hitting them in the head), light/heavy objects like a baseball bat or a shovel, mixing medicine, using any weapon as a melee object, etc.

Ah, stuns and knock outs. Yeah I like.

I like this idea a lot maybe even bean bag rounds for the shotgun just to stun or immobilize the person. You could then rob them or wait until they regain consciousness to interrogate them. We need other options rather than the current KOS.

• Like 2

Got to be careful on how it's done because trolls could have a bat that knocks you out and as soon as you stand up they hit you again.

• Like 1

A rare tranquilizer rifle would also be good, along with a way to restrain players while they're unconcious. It would certainly make bandits more interesting if they didn't always kill you.

Why do we need more non-lethal weapons? We already have Makarovs and I can't kill a damn thing with mine!

• Like 4

Who in their right mind would approach an armed man with a bloody bat when they optionally could just blow his head out? Messing with bambis would get more hilarious though.

Tear gas would be cool. Then gas masks would need to be included too, but imagine clearing a building of survivors by tossing in some tear gas and taking them out as they're struggling with extremely blurred vision.

• Like 3

I like the idea of tazers and pepper spray and handcuffs it could make some AWESOME times in game

I also like the idea of pistol whipping someone to knock them out

should not work on zeds though

Who in their right mind would approach an armed man with a bloody bat when they optionally could just blow his head out? Messing with bambis would get more hilarious though.

because that not how every body plays? fucken duhhhhhhhhh.

Correct term would be 'less than lethal'. But fuck yes I would love to have the options. Id be more apt to actually try and shoot people if I had beanbag rounds or a tranq gun.

Few examples would include:

Pepper spray (there's multipul types along this route, Ive even heard of paintball casings being filled with pepper spray, glue and other irritants used by police), Beanbag rounds, Tranquilizer darts, tazers/stunguns, teargas, koshes blackjacks billyclubs ect.

This does open up 'slavery' options as well. Imagine: Heading into Electro alone to get some food and drinks for your camp (crappy day of hunting). You pop into the grocery store and hear 'FREEZE MUTHAFUCKA!' and two shots. Get knocked out and in the 'passout' blur you see one or two bandits disarm you and handcuff you, drag you into the back of their car. 'Alright bitch you got two options. One, you do what the fuck we tell you and you might get your shit back when this is done. Two, we take your shit and dump you in the middle of a bunch of zombies handcuffed and naked.'

The mechanics behind it would need work ('fuck you guys *alt F4*' comes to mind)

• Like 2

The standalone is going to have throwable poop, what more do you want!

(Rocket hasn't actually said this, but if there isn't, I'll cry)

• Like 1

I'd like to have a way to stun players, but not knockout gas or tranquilizer darts. They would seem out of place to me, and from what I hear, they're not very reliable. Hitting someone in the head would be good, but there should be a windup, like throwing a grenade (preferably still being able to move, though). Use too little force, and you would just alert them to your presence. Use too much, and you give them brain damage or kill them.

Tear gas, with gas masks added, would be awesome for PvP. Maybe flashbangs too, although I think those have a chance to kill people under certain circumstances. Maybe that could be added in, but I don't think that one is too necessary.

I've seen something in Arma 2 OA servers where it allows a player to knock someone out with the butt of their gun if they get close enough.

i think you should be able to knock people out if you can sneak up on them witn melee. unarmed melee

This, but you'd have to come up with something to prevent it being overly abused. Like, it'd suck for the victim if their captors just kept them in binds for hours; they'd have to reset their character or something.

A rare tranquilizer rifle would also be good, along with a way to restrain players while they're unconcious. It would certainly make bandits more interesting if they didn't always kill you.

Edited by KidDisaster

This is how it would go down:

Stun player

Player logs out

Make it so player can't log out when stunned

Stun spam player so he's stuck ingame

People who say that this will lead to "stun-spamming" in the case of using blunt force trauma to the head clearly don't know how to think outside the box.

Stunning someone by smashing him in the head with a baseball bat should only work once or twice on the same person.

Yes, multiple blows to the head with a bat tend to kill people.

• Like 2

People who say that this will lead to "stun-spamming" in the case of using blunt force trauma to the head clearly don't know how to think outside the box.

Stunning someone by smashing him in the head with a baseball bat should only work once or twice on the same person.

Yes, multiple blows to the head with a bat tend to kill people.

indeed, and if you hit the side or back of the head, the chances of death increases. i wants that to works in dayz nows.