psycorevolution

The 7 Causes of PvP ---- [VIDEO]

Since I started playing DayZ, (a couple weeks after release) I have been killed many times by players, as well has killed my own collection of them.

With the standalone game on its way, I started thinking about what could be done to the game to lower the amount of murder we do in the game. But before you can decide how to fix a problem, you must first know what's causing the problem. So I did some reflection and investigation, and created a list of seven causes that contribute to the rampant and pervasive player killing in the game.

What could Rocket and company do to the game to help remedy some of these causes?

Edited by PsycoRevolution
  • Like 16

Bravo Sir. I must admit I will go out of my way to avoid killing people (mostly because I suck at PVP). Id rather just lay down in a field for 20 mins and wait for someone to pass by so I can go back to finding beans after they leave. I have killed but both times it has been self defense and usually against very unskilled/unlucky players. There are benefits to helping players, but usually only if the person actually wants to reciprocate, which I try to do a lot when I actually see someone and don't get shot. ("Theres x item in y building if you want." "Theres two cars in need of repair down the road if you want to help," ect ect)

• Like 2

Great video, really enjoyed it. It's most certainly the fun factor that makes me PVP, but I have to agree: DayZ needs to offer rewards for helping as much as killing another player.

Edited by calthehunter

Great video. I would keep the mod as is, maybe remove the bandit skin.

Edited by RedUkraine

It's a tough one because i agree, without the constant threat of being killed by a player, DayZ isn't much fun.

I think there are two things that could remedy the constant, mindless PvP though:

Make ammo rarer, so that every bullet has to count. Make the player think - Shall i waste a whole clip on this player in the hopes of getting some nice loot? Or should i conserve it for when i really need it?

Second, and more importantly, make Zombies a real threat again. Making them run indoors, for example, is going to have a huge effect on how players negotiate cities etc. The path finding is getting fixed and the zombie numbers could be possibly increased. Make them more attentive to sounds - if you can hear a gunshot then the zombies should be able to as well. They should also aggro each other - for example, if a zombie sees another zombie running he might join in as well?

Just watch the Survivor Gamez for how negligible an effect zombies are - the players very rarely engage them because they don't have to.

Nice video as well.

Edited by DemonGroover
  • Like 2

You need to give some systematic reward for them to help players. Yeah we have teh hero skin (which I have and love) but thats it. Some severs allow you to buy that skill and other people just hate it.