Jorden

Food and drinks impossible to find since 1.7.1.1

I think this thread mostly pertains to the initial minutes to hours of a life, considering before you can hunt you have to have matches knife axe and gun, of which i have only found guns and axes so far tonight on a fresh character, also haven't seen a canteen yet. If you are geared and have canteens, this wont be an issue. I spent most of my night looking for food with flashing indicators.

I think this thread mostly pertains to the initial minutes to hours of a life' date=' considering before you can hunt you have to have matches knife axe and gun, of which i have only found guns and axes so far tonight on a fresh character, also haven't seen a canteen yet. If you are geared and have canteens, this wont be an issue. I spent most of my night looking for food with flashing indicators.

[/quote']

You are jumping to conclusions.

I personally have not found a single food/drink item in any spawn.

Barns are full of junk, stores junk, apartments junk, houses junk

Only stuff I found I took from the dead. Fortunately, I guy I found had an Enfield with 2 mags, 3 food plus 2 empty canteens.

Went towards Berezenio, 3 valleys = more dead guys, found some pepsis and 2 more clips of enfield.

Found a tractor i couldn't use, but could save.

Factory buildings are spawning tons of wire tool kits which players are using to block off access to firestations.

Everything I found, was from dead people.

w-t-f

Posting here as-well as the other thread regarding this issue. Everything seems fine in the server EXCEPT for food and drink, they are not at all/barely spawning now, players have been forced to log-out who do not have water bottles or access to animals at short notice.

I am going to add that there just doesn't seem to be many new drops or the drops are really delayed.. I searched for hours on several characters across multiple servers. Only time I found any food was a pepsi on a dead zombie. The only guns I could find were ones that were rarely looted, like the CZ550 and the most ammo I found total the whole night was 10 rounds after about 3 hours of gameplay and going through cherno, electro, side town, polana etc.. Not 10 clips, 10 rounds from a lee enfield and 2 clips.

Deerstands were empty. Store was empty except for wood and empty cans. Couldn't find matches, canteens, flares or even spare bandages. Found a few crosswbows but no bolts. I found a bunch of dead survivor bodies that were not despawning quickly either and they had backpacks full of nothing as well.

My friend was checking deerstands and he said he could look in with binoculars and see items in the deerstand. When he got to the deerstand the items would despawn. He would walk away and go back to the deerstand a few minutes later and the items would appear in the deerstand but then despawn when he got close to it.

Hope this helps track down the issue that is causing this. I didn't make it to the hospitals to see if morphine is dropping, but after having several broken legs and none in our starter gear.. it makes if pretty difficult to survive at this point. Looking forward to this getting fixed and hope this is useful to those that are going to research it in the morning.

If people think the defenseless newbies are being hunted now, imagine how bad it would be if they had food and water on them when there's noplace else to find it?

Hi, I've been playing the Dayz mod for a few weeks now, and I have to say it's my favorite game since Monster Hunter.

Now, I'm really enjoying the new patch (it is a bit dark but at least now I have a reason to use flares), but I have not been able to find any loot except for watches and a few tin cans. I did find 1 revolver, although it wasn't much use since I already had one. I tried multiple servers, but it seems like loot is bugged. Is anyone else having this issue?

Playing with newest Arma 2 beta patch also, don't know if that could be a factor.

I'm new on the board and to the game so please forgive any bad form.

I've seen some people mention loot issues but I haven't run into it myself yet. I will have to play more and see what happens.

I'm pretty sure rocket modified a loot table and added a semicolon or apostrophe in the wrong spot.

No food for me, either. The entire city of Vybor (including superarket, office, re buildings) contain hardly any loot. And absolutely no drinks or cans. May I suggest to fix that?

Today I had to kill a survivor in Vybor just for his beans, great stuff. :(

Luckily enough he had one can and a cooked meat, but I will stop playing until there is food again.

I played for about an hour today and I found 2 m4s, 2 cokes, but no canned goods :(

I don't mind being without a weapon when I start but if you let zombies spawn in lootable houses and make the loot you finally do find cans and maybe a watch; the initial hurdles are a bit high. I don't want to be a killing machine 5 minutes after spawning, but when I hit up a big town and find nothing in the school, firehouse, or apartment; I wonder if I am just on a bad server or if this is the norm.

Since 1.7.1 I found like 6 watches, but 0 compass or map.

Developer's Note:

* Performance issues were associated with loot cleanup not working. This has been fixed.

* Each time you start a new character, you will get the gender selection dialog.

* INFECTED AND LOOT RESPAWN IS STILL QUITE BUGGED. NEEDS ALOT OF WORK. BUT IT SHOULD BE MANAGEABLE NOW.

I spent an entire night looking for food, drinks, bandages, and morphine. found a few guns packs and gear (compass, watches etc)... but no basic items. no food no drinks no bandages no morphine. Granted I swept (yes every building) in Berizino... But I would start at one end and work my way to the other move way away from the city. and check the next server.

Chicago 51

Dallas 50

Chicago 47

US 85

US 104....ended up being a 1.7.1

I'm tired because that took all night.. but again this has to be a bug of some type..

ya i went into a store and found 4 watches and a buncha tin cans. found plenty of stuff on a run through berezino but no food or water

Well, I won't be playing until this problem gets fixed. Otherwise I'm just going to blow through my stock then starve to death, and I don't really feel like going hunting

Well' date=' I won't be playing until this problem gets fixed. Otherwise I'm just going to blow through my stock then starve to death, and I don't really feel like going hunting

[/quote']

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Well' date=' I won't be playing until this problem gets fixed. Otherwise I'm just going to blow through my stock then starve to death, and I don't really feel like going hunting

[/quote']

Whats your issue dude?

[/quote']

Whats your issue dude?

don't let him bother you. 90% of the forum community are like that

i even got a pm saying that i am a "fucking dick", and when i said ok, explain why, he said he couldn't remeber xD

on topic, seems the loot problems started with the hotfix, i've seen 5+ topics about this

[/quote']

Whats your issue dude?

don't let him bother you. 90% of the forum community are like that

i even got a pm saying that i am a "fucking dick", and when i said ok, explain why, he said he couldn't remeber xD

on topic, seems the loot problems started with the hotfix, i've seen 5+ topics about this

LOL, that`s...weird :)

Yeah I've seen a lot of threads about it also. At the same time, it seems like not everyone is experiencing this. Some people there is a definite cutback in loot, but that they are still finding a variety, as where I just find 30+ watches.

Hm, I haven't noticed anything wrong so far. I found a DMR w/5 mags half an hour ago + some med supplies and a can of coke, which makes me a happy bunny. :D