Jorden

Food and drinks impossible to find since 1.7.1.1

I don't know if it's just me, but I'm running the latest DayZ with the latest beta patch, and I have been checking multiple different servers to find food. The problem is, none ever spawns.

Has anyone else been able to find cans, canteens, and drinks just fine?

We had the same problem tonight. No food, drinks or bandages. Found a few cans of beans and soda off of dead zombies but that was it.

I've had a major problem with finding drinks, didn't find one all of last night, was only able to stay up by refilling my canteen at wells and eating steaks that I got from several animals.

Its almost like all the zombies got really hungry and went in search for something to eat other than us... sabotage I say.

I had the same issue, our group checked tens of buildings and multiple deer stands. No food was had. >=(.

Only managed to live because of finding a rabbit.\

EDIT: Even checked a supermarket and still no food. This can't be part of the game, clearly is a bug.

Yeah, me and my bro were playing today for about 3 hours, checked a bunch of buildings, 5 dear stands and a church. Didn't find a single can of beans....only lots of firewood. :/

Needs to be fixed.....can't survive like this for much longer.

I found at least 6 sodas and couple cans of beans today in Cherno... also found everything I needed to leave town and hunt animals for food... and found a canteen I could just refill. Did not see these problems.

Have had no issues finding cans or beverages. Also, learn to hunt animals an refill your canteens.

You guys reporting finding cans and beverages, are you getting them off of zombies or not? I can only get canned foods and drinks off of zombies atm, and without a water bottle to be found, I cannot refill my cantain as Sarlac says.

Yeah, I got into a bit of a spot today. Managed to find some pepsi in a barn outside of Novy Sobor, then found some beans inside the church. I got down to about 6,700 blood or something because of starvation/dehydration.

I found at least 6 sodas and couple cans of beans today in Cherno... also found everything I needed to leave town and hunt animals for food... and found a canteen I could just refill. Did not see these problems.

Are you playing on the current patch(1.7.1.1)???? Because if your not, that probably why your still finding food and drink.

If you are playing on 1.7.1.1, i want to know were your finding all that stuff, because i literally checked a few towns as well as what i stated above and found nothing but firewood and some shotguns.

Same problem here. Running 1.7.1.1

During 90 minutes in Cherno I found zero food and two cans of soda. Started at apt complex of 5 building by the hospital in the NW portion and worked my way down to the Church, then along the coast, hitting up the super market and all the other lootable buildings. Not a single food to be found.

You're better off finding a shit load of ammunition for both your primary/secondary and just aggroing everything in sight into a small corridor and just blasting everything down. It's quicker and more efficient, although likely to attract the attention of everyone in the vicinity. Better than starving to death though if you can't find the proper hunting tools.

I spent two hours searching multiple towns and forests for food and/or animals with a buddy, and we came up completely empty. We each had plenty of drinks on us, and all supplies necessary to live off the land, yet there were no animals to be found. Well, there was one rabbit that disappeared after we chased it for a few meters, so that was disappointing. We ended up with blinking red food/drink statuses, losing blood quickly, until my buddy was gunned down by a bandit and I was unable to fend off zombies through my increasingly blurry screen. What a shitty way to die.

This simply will not do, especially with the god damned log off and be starved/dehydrated when you decide to log back in.

Went around several houses/barns and even a supermarket tonight and all I found was cans and a few tools. Only reason I'm alive is because of a few rabbits and a chicken I found. Still down to 5400 blood from 11000 because of bugged starvation.

This may be in-line with the survival aspect to be honest. Most of the stores would be looted clean, and food/water would be rare. BUT! Since we can't just drink out of water sources, I propose we add a canteen to spawn or make them more common.

The hotfix patch notes said loot was bugged, will need a developer comment to say if food rarity is working as intended...if so...well you won't get tears from me but PLENTY of my friends =P

Have had no issues finding cans or beverages. Also' date=' learn to hunt animals an refill your canteens.

[/quote']

Ahhh, so there's a proper way to stumble around the fields and forests and come upon a glorious meatbag completely at random? Please enlighten the rest of us to your animal homing methods.

Me and my friends have updated to 1.7.1.1. So far we are unable to find food or beverages. I have been running around for about 1.5 hours with only 2 rounds of ammo.

Food and Drink do not seem to be dropping. Not seeing ammo and weapons drop as much either. Something is definitely borked. We have tried numerous servers and all are the same. :(

Latest beta and 1.7.1.1: I had great luck finding everything except food and water. Spawned near Cherno and swept across it once hitting most of the big loot spots. Got killed before I could get out and check other areas though.

My friend and i made it about an hour of playing, got weapons, bandages, painkillers, and other stuff and cans, LOTS OF CANS. every building had like 20 cans in it and no food or water. not even an empty canteen. It kinda sucked, I love the patch, no gun no starting gear pitch black and crazy zombies, but if i cant find one food or water in all of solchicny, 3 valleys, and kamyshovo.... its hard to survive... impossible actually. I think this could be solved with a change in the limit of how many cans are able to spawn in a building or just lower the chance of cans and bottles, or increase coke and beans... really a bummer tonight :/

Dont get me wrong its not that i dislike the emphasis on throwing objects...

Also i wouldn't mind starting with an empty canteen : D

Have not been on since 1.7.1.1 dropped. So I can't speak to that.

As for hunting get away from town and look in fields for animals. Boar in the forests. Cows, goats, and sheep in fields all over the map. Move north away from the shore quickly. As you run use free look, you WILL see animals.

I don't generally live on cans. So I can't say I'll miss them. But not having canteens around is going to suck.

I've been hanging around Green Mountain area and haven't noticed a lack of pop or cans o' food, in fact over the last few days I have looted the towns and deerstands around there and haven't needed to touch my canteens or cooked steaks at all. Been finding smoke grenades alot though and watches/compasses and maps all over. Haven't touched the coast since I spawned so can't vouch for there.

the market shops now sell only wood and empty tin cans, all the buildings and farm houses seem to be empty [apart from the zombies who spawn and dont leave the building]

just everything seems to be super rare in 1.7.1.1