Tiger205

Tents & Vehicles General

had a tent with some nasty weapons inside on norweg1 server + was repairing a car there saved both of them multiple times but they are gone :/

Yeah' date=' you did what I did as well, apparently slots don't matter, its total item count. So you're sitting at 50 normal items there as well.

[/quote']

Ok I realize now, I took out a jerry can which takes up 3 inventory slots but I was only able to put back in one more item.

I guess the thing I said about backpacks not taking up space is probably just because I hadn't filled those kind of slots up. Weird system.

So is it 50 or 75 items? Because right now we have some kind of misinformation.

class TentStorage : Land_A_tent {
vehicleClass = "Survival";
transportMaxMagazines = 50;
transportMaxWeapons = 10;
transportMaxBackpacks = 5;
};

As I mentioned already, all vehicles except bicycles have storage trunk, including motorbike (it has something between 5 and 10 slots). If you can't find "Gear" while walking around vehicle, you need to sit down into it, press Map (M), Select Units, Press Gear. This way you can even take\pickup stuff from vehicle mid-flight or on the go. Huey definitely takes more than 50 canisters to fully refuel, we didn't count but it is more than 100 since for us two people with 4 canisters each it took us about 15-20 trips to fully refuel helicopter.

Thanks for further info. Also I shoul've added the bit about picking up gear from map long ago, thanks for reminding me about that. OP updated.

Repaired a Huey. Still leaks fuel. Everything is green. Don't understand whats wrong

Do vehicles respawn if they are destroyed or maybe not used for a while?

I remember when vehicles were re-added in 1.5.2 boats were really common to see but now I haven't seen a boat since the first couple of days of them being added back in.

I assume people have just driven them out somewhere then died or disconnected or something and now they're all just floating in the middle of nowhere with no fuel.

is there actually motorcycles and bicycles? I want to see a video/screenshot. Thanks!

I'm running usually with the clan hosting FI 1 server (currently running 1.5.7 and 92767 beta patch). The clan had two helicopters earlier but they lost one to battleye kicking the pilot and another in ambush. So, two destroyed helicopters. They've searched the whole map for days without finding a new chopper to fix. Is the vehicle respawn at server restart confirmed? 255 km^2 is a huge area to search but they've been using their UAZs to search the map. So, could someone like Sa-Matra confirm the respawn to work/not work?

EDIT: Fix'd a typo.

If seen some Heli's respawn at least (only one after 1.5.7), and from what I can tell they got specific spawn points (at least a heli spawned the same place three times now for me)

- Whitey

is there actually motorcycles and bicycles? I want to see a video/screenshot. Thanks!

I've fixed up and ridden the "Old Moto" motorcycle and a couple ATVs. I've not seen an actual bicycle though.

Also - regarding crashed Venoms, which do not kill anymore on entry - has anyone been able to actually loot the helicopter? I tried to find a gear action outside or try to acces gear from within the map but nothing seems to work. Is it just a placeholder or something?

All vehicles have storage in them (except bicycles). If you can't open it from outside' date=' take a seat, open map, select Units and then Gear.

[/quote']

What if nothing happens when you click gear? No loot, or is it just not working right?

No loot appears due to no gear i've done this with about 5 huey crashes i've seen and you cant do anything except fix them up.

I thought you were supposed to be able to find some good equipment in those babies but alas no gear :(

Also - regarding crashed Venoms' date=' which do not kill anymore on entry - has anyone been able to actually loot the helicopter? I tried to find a gear action outside or try to acces gear from within the map but nothing seems to work. Is it just a placeholder or something?

[/quote']

They spawn loot on server start but it gets deleted almost instantly now because there are no players around, its a bug. The only way to loot such heli right now is to spawn in the middle of the field right on server start and hope that one of 5 crashed choppers will appear near you.

All vehicles have storage in them (except bicycles). If you can't open it from outside' date=' take a seat, open map, select Units and then Gear.

[/quote']

What if nothing happens when you click gear? No loot, or is it just not working right?

Then there is no inventory\storage in this vehicle

I'm running usually with the clan hosting FI 1 server (currently running 1.5.7 and 92767 beta patch). The clan had two helicopters earlier but they lost one to battleye kicking the pilot and another in ambush. So' date=' two destroyed helicopters. They've searched the whole map for days without finding a new chopper to fix. Is the vehicle respawn at server restart confirmed? 255 km^2 is a huge area to search but they've been using their UAZs to search the map. So, could someone like Sa-Matra confirm the respawn to work/not work?

EDIT: Fix'd a typo.

[/quote']

Vehicles supposed to appear on same spot where their wreck is on server restart, but just like everything else, it doesn't always works as it should. Plus keep in mind that sometimes some vehicles don't appear at all on server start, randomly, we had such cases few times.

Can anyone help me?

I placed a tent, and have now packed it up, and it's laying in the bag in front of me with the option 'take camping tent' however when I click although the animation runs and I bend down nothing happens. Have plenty of inventory space and have carried it before. Not sure whats going wrong?

Am on US3

Most propably it's lag and I don't really know if that could be anything else, sorry.

Also some of my group's stuff has returned after several server restarts on EU7 including one tent out of two and one vehicle out of two. Sadly only the vehicle had loot we put in it before.

When the hive connection is messed up or really bogged down on a server, looting anything can get buggy.

We had one instance one night where no loot and no zombies were spawning, pulled down a tent to move it to a better server and couldn't pick up the tent afterwards. So tent was down and no way to pick it back up, IE it disappeared.

So if there's issues with looting something, that can happen.

Can anyone help me?

I placed a tent' date=' and have now packed it up, and it's laying in the bag in front of me with the option 'take camping tent' however when I click although the animation runs and I bend down nothing happens. Have plenty of inventory space and have carried it before. Not sure whats going wrong?

Am on US3

[/quote']

That happened to me too. Tried reconnecting, emptying my inventory and nothing worked. So I just left my beloved tent behind only to find almost intact half-fueled UAZ with some decent loot in the middle of a forest next to a single building with some zeds. What do you think: Was it a spawned one or some poor guy was repairing it only for me to steal it?

Guys I got questions that needs clearing up.

I found a red car in a town, all the conditions of the car were red apart from the fuel. I pressed force save in the action menu.

Now does that mean if I quit the server, the car dissappears like I do? And when I reconnect to the same server will it still be in its same place? Or does it stay there even when Im not in the game?

And if I leave the server and join another new server, will the red car now be in the same location in the new server?

Also about the tents, if I lay a tent down, does it stay in that server and only that server? Even when i'm not online playing will it still be on the floor? And when I enter a new server will my tent be in that new server too?

That happened to me too. Tried reconnecting, emptying my inventory and nothing worked. So I just left my beloved tent behind only to find almost intact half-fueled UAZ with some decent loot in the middle of a forest next to a single building with some zeds. What do you think: Was it a spawned one or some poor guy was repairing it only for me to steal it?

It could be either really. I've come across several intact Skodas parked near petrol stations which looked like they were spawned by the server.

Guys I got questions that needs clearing up.

I found a red car in a town, all the conditions of the car were red apart from the fuel. I pressed force save in the action menu.

Now does that mean if I quit the server, the car dissappears like I do? And when I reconnect to the same server will it still be in its same place? Or does it stay there even when Im not in the game?

And if I leave the server and join another new server, will the red car now be in the same location in the new server?

Also about the tents, if I lay a tent down, does it stay in that server and only that server? Even when i'm not online playing will it still be on the floor? And when I enter a new server will my tent be in that new server too?

Everything's in the OP. It's being updated for a reason.

Update on my dead mates tent, it did survive for at least 7 days, we just lost every tent again so if they reappear I'll update the time :)

- Whitey

Did a search but couldn't find a confirmed answer:

1. Can you have multiple tents at the same time? Would be nice to have a network of storage points.

2. When you die, can you go back to your tent and pack it, then place it again (so it won't disappear after 2 days), or are you only able to raid it and place a new tent?