Sign in to follow this  
ManEatinRaisinBread

Don't add anything new in, just concentrate on fixing problems with the game!

I believe DayZ would be better off if the developers concentrated on fixing what's wrong with the game instead of adding new things in to it. Like creating a better anti-hacking system or fixing one of the million bugs in the game, such as when you spawn as a bird, which just happened to me the other day. What I'm trying to say is I believe DayZ is fine as it is, it just needs its problems to be fixed.

Alpha is for testing, you know this right?

Then beta starts weeding out some of the the issues before the final product,

ps, i know I have gone wrong here some where so please correct me if i'm wrong.

Edited by burritoman259

For some reason I believe this is included in the whole "changing the architecture of the game from the bottom up" thing. :)

• Like 2

I believe DayZ would be better off if the developers concentrated on fixing what's wrong with the game instead of adding new things in to it. Like creating a better anti-hacking system or fixing one of the million bugs in the game, such as when you spawn as a bird, which just happened to me the other day. What I'm trying to say is I believe DayZ is fine as it is, it just needs its problems to be fixed.

Lemme know he first 1000 of the million of bugs? Please consider some of them bugs are Arma bugs, Please state the dayZ ones just out of interest.

Have you been to github? you can follow what they are working on.

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25

What about bases for example, don't you want basebuilding in the SA? And new invenory system? No?

When you spawn you spawn bleeding, when you spawn you spawn in the same spot that you died but are unable to move, camara fixed in one position when running and must quit the game to get the camara position out of that angle, when you open or close a door/gate it can break your bones if you are hit by it, unable to shoot so you must drop your weapon then equip it to be able to shoot and zombies can walk through and attack through walls. That's just a few bugs I can think of at the moment and No, I think DayZ would be fine without base building but would not be fine if the amount of bugs and glitches remain the same.

the mod is pre-alpha concept art bullshit so w.e... But with the SA or any game for that mater, Alpha is to add features and get the game headed in the direction you want it too. Then polish it out in Beta. reason is... is cause if you add something, polish that, then add something else that completely fucks up the game. Then you're wasting a lot of time. anyway this is in the wrong section ;)

camara fixed in one position when running and must quit the game to get the camara position out of that angle

Do you mean The [ALT] Bug ?? Where The only Thing you Need to do is pressing [ALT] twice ?

I had a Problem with this when I started playing DayZ .. And it was really annoying until i figured it Out ..

Do you mean The [ALT] Bug ?? Where The only Thing you Need to do is pressing [ALT] twice ?

I had a Problem with this when I started playing DayZ .. And it was really annoying until i figured it Out ..

Lol! Love it :) .

Edited by Hoik

This alpha as an excuse is just getting lame, it's clearly an open beta now.

I wish the devs would update the status.

Sometimes to really solve some of the issues, you have to create something new. We're not really adding much overall - but we are entirely overhauling nearly everything associated with the mod.

• Like 3

This alpha as an excuse is just getting lame, it's clearly an open beta now.

I wish the devs would update the status.

What?

This is still a mod... Beta testing is the verision before the final product. You can't just slap a label on it before the actual game is even ready to be tested...

Sometimes to really solve some of the issues, you have to create something new. We're not really adding much overall - but we are entirely overhauling nearly everything associated with the mod.

My only worry is with the new code will come new problems, hopefully you guys have a big enough team to fix any issues that arise on launch (which there will be). I like that you guys aren't going over the top with ideas and more refining the mod.

My only worry is with the new code will come new problems, hopefully you guys have a big enough team to fix any issues that arise on launch (which there will be). I like that you guys aren't going over the top with ideas and more refining the mod.

This absolutely will happen

The question I asked myself last year was "should we make a good game or a great game?" I think we have the chance to make a really great game here, but that means taking a few steps back and redoing things. 100% can confirm there will be many new problems. And we don't have a big team, we have a small team and we are avoiding big team issues.

There will be much "less" in the standalone initially than the updated and new versions of the mod around. But in some ways it will have more flesh on what features it does it.

This absolutely will happen

The question I asked myself last year was "should we make a good game or a great game?" I think we have the chance to make a really great game here, but that means taking a few steps back and redoing things. 100% can confirm there will be many new problems. And we don't have a big team, we have a small team and we are avoiding big team issues.

There will be much "less" in the standalone initially than the updated and new versions of the mod around. But in some ways it will have more flesh on what features it does it.

It's completely expected with the team you have, as you said in the expo the hackers are definitely the main priority. Once that is as abolished as much it can be (it'll never be 100%) you can start adding more building blocks and make it an amazing experience.