Sign in to follow this  
JohnYasmar

Alt-f4 loser

Decided to go Sniper hunting in Cherno, I started sneaking around the hills around the north when I heard AS50 shots and low and behold, on the top of the Sniper Tower (one with the big lettering) there's a Sniper sneaking around. I range him up at 750m and take aim with my DMR.

Expected to need 4 dots on the vertical but the round landed quite low, so somewhere between the last dot and thick strip... Fired another round and was again low, but sooo close. He hid behind the structure on the top of the tower.

I waited...

Sure enough he rolls out facing me, I fire but miss again (damnit!) then go to fire another shot and he disappears!

If you're going to spend your time sniping people, MAN UP AND DIE when your cliché sniping spot gets you up shit creek.

Never been so frustrated! After half an hour he didn't come back, guess he moved server and skulked away!

Also, that's the furthest I've tried to shoot someone, it's blood difficult!

FYI this was on Dayz - FR129 server about 2 hours ago!

Edited by JohnYasmar

Lol I know, first time I've tried shooting someone at 500m +, have Youtube'd aiming with a DMR, will hopefully be 1 shot 1 kill soon!

combat logging system for dayz doesnt work to kill the player if he combat logs.

our server however would mark him as dead, its a private hive though and we can do that kinda stuff.

156464o.png

this is a screenie of the DayZ changelogs, it's from 1.7.3 and we're on 1.7.4.4, so Alt-F4 has been locked quite a while ago.

His combat timer also didn't start because you were, as you said yourself about 750 meters away. It only starts if you shoot, or shots are being fired in a radius of 100 meter around you.

You just have really bad aim and he could take his time to log out like any normal player would.

Read up on stuff like that before you come crying here.

either way if you can get out while your combat timer is on, there are no consequences.

Explain to me, how his combat timer could've been on. He didn't get hit, he waited behind a structure for a while like OP said, wasn't close enough to OP to trigger a Radius-timer and didn't fire any shots in this time himself. He was free to go wherever he pleased.

if shots hit within a certain distance of your own perimeter you enter combat. Perhaps the shooter didnt get that close.

if shots hit within a certain distance of your own perimeter you enter combat. Perhaps the shooter didnt get that close.

That radius has been reduced to 8 tiny meters REMOVED in 1.7.4.4.

OP is just a terrible shot and a whiney baby.

Edited by CyanidC

im not a great shot so i wouldve missed to but the combat timer shouldnt have been on so i dont understand why it took so long to leave.

Even if the shots did activate his combat timer there is another way to get out without consequences. Some guys were bragging about it on a servers ts and were then banned for it. Basically a player can get out by going onto the server control menu which is located in the map. On most servers when a normal player tries to acess this they are kicked by battleye, so no punishment is recieved for leaving the game during combat. Their is a way to quickly enter this with a key binding without being kicked but I can't remember what it is.

This is probably what he used to get out.

Edited by maxamillion12345

156464o.png

this is a screenie of the DayZ changelogs, it's from 1.7.3 and we're on 1.7.4.4, so Alt-F4 has been locked quite a while ago.

His combat timer also didn't start because you were, as you said yourself about 750 meters away. It only starts if you shoot, or shots are being fired in a radius of 100 meter around you.

You just have really bad aim and he could take his time to log out like any normal player would.

Thats funny you go as far as you do to defend bitch ass combat logging, or "logging out safely" Bottom line, you are still a pussy. If you are in a firefight, and you log, your balls are left in the grass where you were laying and I come along and make a necklace out of them, and become stronger.

Edited by diemonster1
  • Like 1

Thats funny you go as far as you do to defend bitch ass combat logging, or "logging out safely" Bottom line, you are still a pussy. If you are in a firefight, and you log, your balls are left in the grass where you were laying and I come along and make a necklace out of them, and become stronger.

And he still has his AS50.

Don't get me wrong, I'm against combat logging, but I don't believe in crucifying people over something the game encourages them to do.

Edited by dougan25

I am not defending a combat logger, he, by the very definition, was none. My post is also not about defending any of the "loggers" actions, It's about marking OP as a complete imbacile that would more likely shoot himself in the leg than anything else in this game, creating a thread to whine in without even knowing simple facts about the game. And just because he looked into OPs direction, doesn't mean he actually saw him. Do you think someone with an AS50 that just got annoyed by a bizarro-Robin Hood would just leave? Even if he had eyes on this very target? Without fireing a single shot? Then you also believe in the tooth-fairy...

Edited by CyanidC

Decided to go Sniper hunting in Cherno ...

Stopped reading about this far in.

Same thing happened earlier. My clan, while although not inheritantly bandits unless the need arises, joined a new server and upon seeing our tags somebody decided to declare war on us after 10 minutes in the server. So we find a UAZ at green mountain and one of my guys hits the driver. We lock down the exits and offer to let them live if they come out unarmed. They don't so we move in, the driver is killed and we think we're clear. We secure the perimiter and I go check on the UAZ. Upon getting out, not even a second after, a DMR shot to the head. Of course it was the guy who declared war on us. So a few hours later one of my guys puts on a great performance as a bambi and gets into their group. We set up an ambush in Zelenogorsk and after quite a bit of setbacks, waiting, and changing positions, we finally kill them. The guy who had been talking shit, calling us pussies and whatnot for the past 2 hours tries to log out after his friend is killed. He fails though and goes down too, but alt-f4s out. Because that pussy couldn't die like a man we lost out on a rightfully earned AS50 and M14 AIM. It's DayZ, grow up and quit being such a sore loser. This is precisely why people are warned not to get attached to their gear, they will die. Thats just DayZ. Accept it and regear, then go back for revenge.

OP is just a terrible shot and a whiney baby.

How very mature. I'm not really sure what your contributions to this thread have been other than "OP is obviously shit" and "I like to make myself feel big by putting others down".

I've played this game for about 30 hours in total and this was my first time shooting a DMR at range. Unfortunately with my life I don't have time to practice before playing the game.

I had a moan about the player and not the game mechanics, I also pointed out that I am still learning and indeed was a rubbish shot at the time.

Wasted about 1 minute of your own life about there...

156464o.png

Haha okay it's still possible to close your game without alt+f4 and how does the fact that the game didn't stop him from logging out make it any better.

He didn't say that he went to snipe in Cherno.. But to BANDIT HUNT in Cherno. I would suppose that in someway (regarding the PVP aspect of the game) that you encourage such an action?