Sign in to follow this  
itswhelp

Whyis ARMA 2 so slow?

Why is my arma 2 so slow? i can only run it on very low, and even then it's a bad lag, here are my specs:

Processer: Intel® core™2 duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80GHz 2.90 Ghz

RAM: 4.00gb

64-bit windows 7

Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS

Could you please help me.

GPU is likely to be an issue. Even though the 9300M is a more recent configuration than the (Arma2 minimum spec) Geforce 7800 it is significantly less powerful.

With the same card, I went from 20FPS on Normal to 50-60 on Very high by changing my processor from Dual 2.7GHz to Quad 3.2GHz.

Processor needs upgrading for good gameplay, graphics card would help a lot too though. I had a 560Ti throughout.

damn.

sorry but you have to spoon feed yourself with the whole internet at your feets.

i am normally very engaging and helpfull with advice and such but this thread cracked my head open and all the juice is dripping on the floor.

Edited by Bezki

I'm sorry, but i'm new to computers, and i don't see you giving out any helpful advice...

If you are new to computers I would highly advise you bring your computer to a professional or consider buying a new computer first before attempting to replace the cpu on your own.

I'm sorry, but i'm new to computers, and i don't see you giving out any helpful advice...

I'm sorry. I was hungry and in a trolling mood.

Anyways, that guide the other Beast linked looks cool, but it doesn't tell you how to apply thermal paste which is really important as your new CPU will overheat if not done or not done correctly. Regardless to video's and tips on applying thermal paste, do NOT use a business card as this creates alot of waste and you get air pockets which is bad. Use either a finger from a latex glove or a tiny bit of a carrier bag stretched over your finger and apply in a circular motion covering the CPU. You don't need alot. And if you ever need to remove the paste and apply a fresh dose, buy some of those alcohol injection wipes. They work wonders.

Firstly everything apart from your RAM isn't capable of running this game well. Your asking us why when you have a 3 Year old processor and a laptops graphics card, a quick google search would of made you see this.

Secondly, at least try do some research, these guys have told you what they think needs to be done and there are thousands of articles on how to do it. You cannot expect someone to write you a full tutorial on how to install a processor on here, google it or go to a Tech forum.

Lastly, don't bother installing new stuff, your going need a new system, find a local computer store with good knowledge, tell them what you want and your budget and they'll build you what they can, since your current PC doesn't look very demanding I'm guessing your current case is lacking sufficient cooling/space so any attempts to install new kit will leave you with a hot computer.

Edited by ididi9

damn.

sorry but you have to spoon feed yourself with the whole internet at your feets.

i am normally very engaging and helpfull with advice and such but this thread cracked my head open and all the juice is dripping on the floor.

Why waste your time on this thread?

I recommended changing your processor to a i5 quad-core and have a graphics card update.

I recommended changing your processor to a i5 quad-core and have a graphics card update.

No just no, he is better buying a new system. He'll need a New Motherboard and with that new ram so he misawell get a new up-to date system.

No just no, he is better buying a new system. He'll need a New Motherboard and with that new ram so he misawell get a new up-to date system.

This.

Since we don't know ALL the specs of said PC, it's safe to assume most of it will not be compatable with a new mobo. For instance, current setup may have ide drives, new mobo may only have sata connections. Is his power supply up to the task of a newer system? A PC is much more than it's seperate components.

OP, while there is nothing wrong with your pc for most everyday tasks, it's simply a bit behind for gaming. I'd suggest looking into a new one, especially if you plan on getting the SA when it's released.

This.

Since we don't know ALL the specs of said PC, it's safe to assume most of it will not be compatable with a new mobo. For instance, current setup may have ide drives, new mobo may only have sata connections. Is his power supply up to the task of a newer system? A PC is much more than it's seperate components.

OP, while there is nothing wrong with your pc for most everyday tasks, it's simply a bit behind for gaming. I'd suggest looking into a new one, especially if you plan on getting the SA when it's released.

He has next to no pc knowledge so its worth him just getting a new system. Especially because if a PSU fails it can blow your entire PC

well then, I've said this before today :P but this is a really good PC if you're on a budget: https://www.vibox.co.uk/gaming-pcs/mid-gaming/vibox-apache

I've seen many laptops dearer yet the performance on this dekstop should stand Arma II and if you want something upgraded even more there is a customize button near purchase.

Buy your new parts individually, really REALLY shop around. Ask in the 'can I run it thread' for advice -people in that thread are great-. Ask family if they know people who can build it for you (or build it yourself).

It's much cheaper than buying a new one, price it yourself if you don't believe me.

Buy your new parts individually, really REALLY shop around. Ask in the 'can I run it thread' for advice -people in that thread are great-. Ask family if they know people who can build it for you (or build it yourself).

It's much cheaper than buying a new one, price it yourself if you don't believe me.

Are you blind or just ignorant?

He has very very little PC knowledge, he can't go round building it himself like others, yes its cheaper but its not worth it if he's going fuck it up.

Are you blind or just ignorant?

He has very very little PC knowledge, he can't go round building it himself like others, yes its cheaper but its not worth it if he's going fuck it up.

Clearly ignorant as I'm in the process of setting up my own PC right now;

Xigmatek Asgard Pro Gaming Case

Phenom II X4 965

GFX: 1GB 7850 HD

HDD: 500GB Seagate ST500DM002

RAM: 4GB .

DVD±R: LiteOn IHAS124-04 24x

Mobo: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Motherboard (Socket AM3+, Up to 16GB DDR3, USB 3.0, uATX)

PSU: Corsair CMPSU-600CXV2UK Builder Series 600W Power Supply

I knew just as much as him 5 days ago but it's only following instructions.

http://www.buildyourown.org.uk/pc-building/

This will help, aswell as many Youtube tutorials.

Clearly ignorant as I'm in the process of setting up my own PC right now;

Xigmatek Asgard Pro Gaming Case

Phenom II X4 965

GFX: 1GB 7850 HD

HDD: 500GB Seagate ST500DM002

RAM: 4GB .

DVD±R: LiteOn IHAS124-04 24x

Mobo: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Motherboard (Socket AM3+, Up to 16GB DDR3, USB 3.0, uATX)

PSU: Corsair CMPSU-600CXV2UK Builder Series 600W Power Supply

I knew just as much as him 5 days ago but it's only following instructions.

http://www.buildyour...uk/pc-building/

This will help, aswell as many Youtube tutorials.

I built my own aswell, but its best to learn off a proffesional, most youtubers/articles aren't that thorough and you can damage parts if you don't know what your doing, if he justs wants to play dayz he get can a well-balanced mid-range machine for under £500

well then, I've said this before today :P but this is a really good PC if you're on a budget: https://www.vibox.co...ng/vibox-apache

I've seen many laptops dearer yet the performance on this dekstop should stand Arma II and if you want something upgraded even more there is a customize button near purchase.

I just individually priced this and saved £160. ;)