rhinocrunch

DayZ Fanmade Trailer

This is 1 of 2 videos trailers I did for Dayz. I will release the second one in a few days. Enjoy :D

• Like 10

Wow. I am impressed, man. Beans for you.

Thanks Rage. I renamed it to avoid confusion (fanmade) and removed Standalone since people may think its standalone footage.

Any chance you could tell us what the music is? It fits so perfectly.

Some really good shots in there man. Nicely done!

I understand that the vid is dedicated to the survival aspect of the game but it seems somewhat lacking in surviving the infected.

A scene with a survivor not surviving :=: being killed by the infected (short & sweet) would complete the film, imho.

A positive criticism, I believe.

Thanks.

• Like 2

I understand that the vid is dedicated to the survival aspect of the game but it seems somewhat lacking in surviving the infected.

A scene with a survivor not surviving :=: being killed by the infected (short & sweet) would complete the film, imho.

A positive criticism, I believe.

Thanks.

I'm guessing that's what the "you're not alone" is building to for the next vid.

Not bad vid.

• Like 1

Once again Rhinocrunch, you give us a epic video to watch. But I do agree with Boneboys that it is lacking in surviving the infected.

• Like 1

Nice, but as stated previously it did indeed lack any infected in the video.

Any chance you could tell us what the music is? It fits so perfectly.

Quote from the description of the video:

"The song in trailer is entitled "Immortals" by Koke Nunez Gomez who licensed his music under CCBY attribution. He and his music can be found here: https://twitter.com/KokeNunezGomez"

• Like 2

To me, Dayzs main antagonist has always been the survivors, not the infected; however, the second version of this will appeal to the latter. Stay tuned :D

I mean.... Who here has actually died to zombies in the last couple months? Now, who here has died to other survivors?

I mean.... Who here has actually died to zombies in the last couple months? Now, who here has died to other survivors?

Good point. I have never actually died from zombies for months.

• Like 1

One hit wonders exist, It happened to me about a week ago.

34 DayZ of Rare Wolfing down teh drain !

Ouch !

It's not about who have died of zombies and who haven't, it's about the main aspect of the mod / game.

Cool video anyhow, part 2 will be cool.

To me, Dayzs main antagonist has always been the survivors, not the infected; however, the second version of this will appeal to the latter. Stay tuned :D

Yup, that's a good point and for me the zeds have always just provided a backdrop for what is essentially a game where it's you/me versus the map/environment and other players. I know many complain that zeds should play a bigger part, they may be right but I'm gonna be happy if the game continues to focus on other survival elements in the future eg: disease, food resources, clean water and so on.

To me, Dayzs main antagonist has always been the survivors, not the infected; however, the second version of this will appeal to the latter.

i wish that the main antagonist was the zombies (which hopefully will happen in the future) and that *some* fellow survivors are your friends (even if they are complete strangers), because realistically in a survival scenario IRL people would team up together because surviving alone is very, very hard.

yes, i still want the PVP elements in the game, but to a much lesser extent, as all DayZ is really right now, and has been stated many times before, an open world deathmatch with survival elements with zombies as a minor distraction. i wish zombies didn't have line of sight again, because that was back when you had to sneak around the place and loot, and then and team up to kill the relentless bastards rather than running through the place, getting as much stuff as fast as possible, hide in a bush and kill any players that are attempting to hunt you down because you took those beans like it is now.

but of course this is off topic, and has already been covered, and will hopefully be implemented somewhat sometime in the future.

back on topic: i'm interested to see your next video, good sir.

• Like 1

the flashlight passage is amazing..felt exactly like ingame

i wish that the main antagonist was the zombies (which hopefully will happen in the future) and that *some* fellow survivors are your friends (even if they are complete strangers), because realistically in a survival scenario IRL people would team up together because surviving alone is very, very hard.

yes, i still want the PVP elements in the game, but to a much lesser extent, as all DayZ is really right now, and has been stated many times before, an open world deathmatch with survival elements with zombies as a minor distraction. i wish zombies didn't have line of sight again, because that was back when you had to sneak around the place and loot, and then and team up to kill the relentless bastards rather than running through the place, getting as much stuff as fast as possible, hide in a bush and kill any players that are attempting to hunt you down because you took those beans like it is now.

but of course this is off topic, and has already been covered, and will hopefully be implemented somewhat sometime in the future.

back on topic: i'm interested to see your next video, good sir.

Actually, I shouldn't say "always". Early on (the first 40 hours of gameplay?), the zombies were definitely the main antagonist. Then the elements of survival. Adapting to the zombies and losing the fear for them then presented a new challenge: the other survivors.

I totally agree though, surviving against zombies and the elements should be your primary concern. From what it sounds like, Rocket is adding a lot to the surviving aspect to the game which is good. Because when I have 99 problems, killing a survivor ain't one.

• Like 1

The only problem I find with the video is that there are 0 zombies in it. I think that you should at least have a shot or two with them.