Sign in to follow this  
Matteh

Tell me your stupidest death stories...

Well non combat the classic barn stair shortcut without having any morphin injectors

The other day one of my friends finds an M14 and a truckload of ammo for it. The next town we had into he decides to take out some zeds for practise...attracting half the zeds in the city. he gets an unlucky hit and brakes his leg and continues to shoot the surrounding zeds in panic...the whole city feasted on him.

so i pick up his weapon afterwards and head towards the shore to meet with him. looting a town on the way I attract some zeds...start shooting them with said M14...get an unlucky hit, unconcious..dead.

ever since then we call it the cursed weapon and leave it where we find it

Well non combat the classic barn stair shortcut without having any morphin injectors

The other day one of my friends finds an M14 and a truckload of ammo for it. The next town we had into he decides to take out some zeds for practise...attracting half the zeds in the city. he gets an unlucky hit and brakes his leg and continues to shoot the surrounding zeds in panic...the whole city feasted on him.

so i pick up his weapon afterwards and head towards the shore to meet with him. looting a town on the way I attract some zeds...start shooting them with said M14...get an unlucky hit, unconcious..dead.

ever since then we call it the cursed weapon and leave it where we find it

Ah it's a very powerful weapon just very loud unfortunately

I gave a "friendly" player, with no gear, a soda, some food, and an axe...the rest is history. Funniest thing is, I neglected to see his character's name, so will probably get killed again by somebody with another hard-luck story ;(

I was chased by a helicopter with 4 bandits inside after I helped a group of Bambis. I told them to hide while I ran into an industrial building, 4 of them ejected and parachuted down while I was running.. the helicopter gunner got my legs though so I had to crawl all the way inside. I had 3 satchel charges and I planted it around the building. I managed to kill one of their guys before my M16A4 ACOG ran out of ammo, and they were shouting at me through the mic, I could have stolen their chopper that landed on the rooftop but I knew I had to do it. I blew up the building with me and everyone in it. =D

• Like 4

I threw a smoke grenade... Not far enough... As soon as I was standing I got a 1 hit broken legs combo done on me. Good thing I was only geared up with my "This won't end well" load-out.

• Like 1

I was chased by a helicopter with 4 bandits inside after I helped a group of Bambis. I told them to hide while I ran into an industrial building, 4 of them ejected and parachuted down while I was running.. the helicopter gunner got my legs though so I had to crawl all the way inside. I had 3 satchel charges and I planted it around the building. I managed to kill one of their guys before my M16A4 ACOG ran out of ammo, and they were shouting at me through the mic, I could have stolen their chopper that landed on the rooftop but I knew I had to do it. I blew up the building with me and everyone in it. =D

That is heroic!

• Like 1

A Friend of me and I landed in Cherno on the great office building.

As we were the on top of that great building and sniping, someone take a shoot on me.

That really scared me and i tried to run around the corner to get cover but i accidently fell down the whole building.

Took like 2-3 sec till i hit the ground and it was no soft landing.

Now my body still lies there.

• Like 1

My latest stupid death occurred on Taviana I helped two presumably self-defense (Or bandits through betrayal) bandits as they did not shoot me on sight. I was helping them with their huge hoard of zombies with my measly g17 and they were nice enough to ask me if i was going to shoot them. I didn't and one of them passed out, having no ammo I bandaged him while asking the other to take out the zombies for me. I then told them I was going to run into the nearby military camp to check for supplies. I ran in front of the bandit's gun as he was trying to shoot a zombie. "YOU ARE DEAD."

• Like 2

A Friend of me and I landed in Cherno on the great office building.

As we were the on top of that great building and sniping, someone take a shoot on me.

That really scared me and i tried to run around the corner to get cover but i accidently fell down the whole building.

Took like 2-3 sec till i hit the ground and it was no soft landing.

Now my body still lies there.

Ouch.

I was in Stary Sobor once, quite nicely geared from a successful raid of the military tents. With an M4A1 and a G17, I decided to search the rest of the town. Not wanting to aggro zombies, I proned my way around the place. Started to prone into a house, CRACK, broke my legs crawling through the doorway.

I had no morphine whatsoever, and thus began my several hour journey to the coast. And typically, before crawling out of Stary, I forgot to get food and drink, so I died of thirst whilst crawling to Berezino.

• Like 1

Ten of my friends and me decided to lure an administrator's buddy onto a bridge where we would ambush him. I leave all my friends on the bridge and head to get the guy (he was so stupid). Once I get him near the bridge I fell down a ladder breaking both my legs so this guy gives me a blood bag and some morphine. Now I decide to tell my buddies that hes ok and maybe we should let him join our group. We got near the bridge and I told my friends not to hit him and they said ok. Then we got on the bridge and my buddies weren't there. All of the sudden there are gunshots from all over. I get killed and I am completely confused. Turned out that the administrators friend had tricked ME into a trap on the wrong bridge. From there I proceeded to see all of my friends names come up killed :P thats my story

• Like 2

Not in combat: I was looking after my dead friend's body, just like you, at Cherno's firestation.I went all the way up (from the exterior of the tower), and just as I was to climb back down, I accidentally clicked "drop down ladder"...

In combat: Nothing stupid enough yet.

• Like 1

Prepare your self for the dumbest death ever...

It all began on a summers early morning, about 3:00. I was full geared to the Max, Ghillie suit, M14 AIM, M4A1 CCO SD M9SD . Cyote backpack. GPS NVG Rangefinders the works, I had everything! I found a car that repaired it self after 2 minutes... o.o (Hackers car im guessing).

So anyway, I saw a few bambi's talking on side chat about needing a pickup. So I decided to pick him up and asked where he wanted to go, he said NWAF, I was worried about going to NWAF as its filled with bandits and KOS'ers. So I decied to drop him 1k out from the NWAF. He ventured of and died. Derp derp.

So he spawnes and I offer him a pick up and get him geared up. So we go to kamenka to loot the supermarket etc. But we pass a Clan base, so we make a little stop and he gears up only with a A cyote packpack (Which I also had) and a few weapons and a ghillie, Those tents have AS50'S all the top weapons in the game, so we loaded up the car with Ghillies and Weapons, on side chat a guy was asking for a pickup at Balota AF, Dave The Friendly Nigger was his name. He was great, I gave him a AS50, and a ghillie and got him semi geared. we found another guy along the way, same thing happened gear him up etc. So we had a full car, One Sniper (Dave the friendly Nigger) One Recon ( Me, Akinfenwa) One spotter (Sappy) and some other guy. (Simon) So we headed for NWAF looking for crashes, so we find a crash and Simon was repeatedly attacked by a zombie being the idiot he is, he was on very low blood. And was sick. So I was infront of him looting the crash sites gear, next thing you know, a zombie was infront of simon, and the zombie was behind me attacking Simon, I look around, Simon was killing the zambie and the AK Round went trhough the zombie hit me in the head multiple times. After that I was the most angry mother ass in the game, I gear them up, I pick them up. I save his ass multiple times, I did evrything for him! and he just shoots me. that asshole, but Dave killed Simon took the car and came for me with my gear, in the car.

So I head to Cherno for a pickup, I get my weapons gear etc, (I was hero skin) blah blah blah im in cherno Dave sat on a hill sniping. Sappy had left, I took car through cherno, crashed in the middle, faggots try and take my gear from car with L86 and AS50'S kill one Suriver who tried to drive off, killed one dumbass bandit with makarov vs me with a M14. I head around to a house, See a nub with a Lee, told him to drop it or ill kill him, he didnt respond, killed him, and walked into a zombie and died. (:

• Like 3

I died last night after joining my first 40+ server, some guy was in the corner of the super market after server restart, so I started talking from out aide and the guy got quite worried that he couldn't see me. After some time, and the guy spinning around looking for me, (I'm so smart an witty confusing this guy it thought) but wait..... What's that? I turn left to get immediately hacked by a bandit with hatchet...guess he heard me.

• Like 1

Ten of my friends and me decided to lure an administrator's buddy onto a bridge where we would ambush him. I leave all my friends on the bridge and head to get the guy (he was so stupid). Once I get him near the bridge I fell down a ladder breaking both my legs so this guy gives me a blood bag and some morphine. Now I decide to tell my buddies that hes ok and maybe we should let him join our group. We got near the bridge and I told my friends not to hit him and they said ok. Then we got on the bridge and my buddies weren't there. All of the sudden there are gunshots from all over. I get killed and I am completely confused. Turned out that the administrators friend had tricked ME into a trap on the wrong bridge. From there I proceeded to see all of my friends names come up killed :P thats my story

Aha that's pretty damn awesome! Ambushed at an ambush!

First time playing......

I spawned near balota airfield and went to deer stands making every zed follow me,and after 30 minutes of running I lost them and went back to the deer stands,when I finally knew how climb a ladder I found inside a remington 870 and a smoke grenade,thinking I could climb down I broke my legs and I was bleeding and I panicked and started shooting with the shotgun and then trhowing the smoke grenade to the floor aggroing every zed in the server :b.

So I died without seeing anything,in smoke,only seeing the face of the infected eating me,while I was shooting with my shotgun.

DAYZ

• Like 1

Me and a bud are flying in a bird, he crashes into the side of a hill, I survive somehow, and I'm pinned under this helicopter, it was kinda cool actually, didn't know ARMA did that lol. Still, I was unable to move at all, and a person walked up, and shot me in the head.... (This literally happened)

• Like 1

Im yet to be killed legitimately after killing 20 people :(

World class Battlefield stats ftw...

Edit: 700th post :D

Edited by HooWoo
  • Like 1

I just started playing back in late December. The first time I had actually gotten fairly well in land was when I made it to Castle Rog from the three valleys area. I would hit the spawn points and then hide up on the shorter tower, with the outside, wooden staircase, and organize my loot. While up there, I start hearing agro'ing Zombies and heavy breathing. I go to the the top of the staircase platfrom and see a survivor crawling towards the tallest tower's entrance, with a crawler and a walker after him. I conclude the survivor most likely had a broken leg.

With the crawler closest to him I open fire, expending the entire clip of my just found Lee Enfield at the crawler. Must have given the survivor a friggin' heart attack. I reload and aim down on the Walker and the star railing is in the way, so I side step and fall, breaking my leg and passing out. Came too just enough to see the Walker eating me and I died.

• Like 1

Me and a bud are flying in a bird, he crashes into the side of a hill, I survive somehow, and I'm pinned under this helicopter, it was kinda cool actually, didn't know ARMA did that lol. Still, I was unable to move at all, and a person walked up, and shot me in the head.... (This literally happened)

Man thats cold-blooded shit right there. "That bastard" beans for you.

No server restart for about a week meant much needed supplies in this Takistani hell-hole had dwindled to the point where we were legging it across the entire map to loot villages so insignificant they lack names (Coz the vehicle spawns are broken, too)... I was prone on a cliff overlooking one such village. I had been through about two others prior to finding this one. Even though they were way out of the way, they had been picked clean and I was constantly encountering dead survivors (or their flies, at least). I figured the lack or fresh supplies was forcing the usually live-and-let-live groups to raid the same areas at the same time, leading to skirmishes and other acts of conflict.

Not wanting to get caught up in such a situation I opted to lone-wolf for supplies at night. I was being extra careful, spending a great deal of time observing the village and the occupants and planning my raid. Through my binoculars I saw a tent, still in its bag atop a small building. I decided that setting up a new supply post in this remote part of Takistan would be beneficial to our cause (read: we have no cause).

Target aquired, plan planned and all ready to go, I hit B to put my binoculars away, but I also feel my finger graze another key. I look down......... The key was V....... I look back up in time to see my dude stand straight up and vault over the edge of the cliff....... Moron......

I re-spawned miles away, but promptly obtain a map and sprint back to where I died... By the time I get there the village is alight with flares, but the tent is still there. I sneak in without much concern for stealth. All I want is a tent. I make it to the building and climb up. The tent is mine, as well as some smoke grenades... I hear a Makarov fire and go prone. three survivors are clearing a three story building. From what I can see, they're barely armed and there are zombies everywhere, just chillin'...

I lob the grenade at the building and all the zombies in town freak out and run straight there. The three dudes panic and head for various exits, all of which are full of blocked by the frenzied ferals... I lol and gaffaw at my briliance and observe their final stand fail. Before the last one falls, he spots me on the roof and fires a single 303 round into my face...

I lost the tent, but it was worth it. We all respawn, trade our stories in side chat and were merry.

Edited by Olisonera
  • Like 2