Sign in to follow this  
RevanCorana

Trading System

Hello,

It would be fun to be able to interract with other players by trading our useless (for us) items to others in exchange of useful things. I mean a window wich can pop by pressing a button while you are near or/and aiming at another character. If he accepts your request, you'd be able to see his inventory and so could he. It would help people (maybe new players as i am) to create "non lethal proximity". Knowing that two survivor on a zombie island would probably not try to kill others unless its really necessary

I think it would add some serious rp dimension to the game, we could even start to look for players to meet instead of nubs to kill KiKOOO

Why can't you just drop it on the ground? That is really unrealistic. The whole point of DayZ is human interaction and this limits it.

I think better roleplaying would actually be walking up to them and trading items like people already do.

• Like 1

The thing about trading in DayZ is about that factor of trust. There shouldn't be a safe way to trade, It is much more thrilling to have to walk up to someone, trust them, drop your item/s, and be willing to risk losing all your gear to them.

Manual trading can bring the suspense, so you think they'll shoot you in the head once you pick up the stuff and so forth.

This is a Survival Horror game, suspense contributes to horror.