Sign in to follow this  
aplinstead

Longbow

just an idea of mine that the game should add a longbow to the game so it adds skill to the game

this longbow could be an instant-kill on zombies but have a pull back so you have to wait to fire the shot.

also like many of the arma II snipers and stuff it should have realistic bullet drop to make long shots even harder.

There is already the crossbow in the game... It has bullet drop and everything. I think the longbow would be a little repetitive. I would rather have them do the animations and art for a chainsaw than a longbow.

• Like 1

Its been suggested before. Many of us like the idea of adding a longbow.

Adds skill to the game...

Because you don't need skill to play DayZ already, no. Or have I just been trying too hard?

Anyway, I think adding a longbow would be beneficial, IF there are features to support it. It's a woodsman's weapon, not for PvP, so I suggest being able to fletch arrows therefore if you live in the wild, needs for ammo from looting in towns are almost diminished entirely. Adding a quiver, which is already being added in the SA, would be a great idea. Being able to retrieve your arrows.

Do that and you have support for someone's playstyle that can make it really enjoyable to survive.

Off Topic: anyone know anything standing about melee combat in the SA? Survival knives, hatchets, ect?

Edited by Neko-san

I rekon a compound bow... a long bow made o yew, is a mission to use( i do a lil bow hunting, but have no illusions that i would have any great ability with a 120lbs long bow)... i suppose you could make it so you could make em, havnt seen much yew in game though :D