Sign in to follow this  
zerodaman

Engine Makes me Cry

The DayZ Engine is hurtful on a computer, i get around 10 fps or so around big towns like cherno and elektro and around 25 in medium sized ones, I think the engine should really be tweaked in a way if possible to make it more stable for a computer to run faster for the game so people won't lag as much and can play the game with more enjoyment, any feedback is welcome.

P.S. for anyone who says that "you need a better gfx card" this is mostly for the people who cant afford those higher end cards and want to play the game but cant because the engine is too demanding, i have a geforce gtx 550 ti and i get about 60 fps on other games but this game takes the cake, i would like to play it when its more responsive so I can be more responsive.

Edited by zerodaman

the SA will make improvements for this. and have you played with the settings? there are a lot of tweaks in order to improve the FPS, have a look around, you may find what your looking for.

google optimize arma 2

ull get at least 20 fps in big cities

also, arma 2 is more of a cpu game so u need a powerful cpu in addition to a good gpu

lol CPU like the person above said. Not all about that pretty layer.

Zombies, zombies, zombies - there lies your problem.

They are getting heavily optimised in SA so hopefully this will improve things for you.

CPU is what get's hogged in Arma II, You must have a TERRIBLE processor to get rates like that though, I have a dual core 2.5ghz AMD with a HD7770 video card and 6 gb's of cheap ram.

I get 10-18fps when I'm frapsing.

google optimize arma 2

ull get at least 20 fps in big cities

also, arma 2 is more of a cpu game so u need a powerful cpu in addition to a good gpu

please don't send people off to get optimizing tools, they will end up downloading a virus and their key will get stolen.

If you can't afford a better CPU I recommend getting a SSD or in my case I used 4 of my 16gb RAM for a RAMdisk. This offered me up to an extra 40 fps just from doing it. Though a SSD is a lot more stable so I'm gonna get one of them too. For anyone who wants to make a RAMdisk the comment by Liquidpinky on this page http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?88388-Here-s-how-I-got-ARMA2-to-perform-smoothly-using-RAMDISK/page10

please don't send people off to get optimizing tools, they will end up downloading a virus and their key will get stolen.

optimize all MANUALLY

Start up Arma2 OA, go to single player scenarios and click one of the two "Benchmark" missions, run it, observe the average FPS, then go into your advanced graphics settings and change stuff and then repeat the benchmark and see how much it improves. Do it over and over until you get good results without lowering stuff too much.

I used to run DayZ at ~30fps max at highest settings, but then I tried to play the Wasteland game mode and it was unplayable in some places, so I did the above and ended up lowering a lot of settings to get Wasteland running smooth, now when I go back and play DayZ I get really great FPS at all times. It might look slightly worse, but it runs much better.

I think he is referring to tutorials on editing your ArmA files to get better fps. It's legit.