Sign in to follow this  
boxy0127

Interchangeable Weapon Parts

I think weapon parts should be interchangeable parts like barrels, optics, muzzle attachments, stocks. I propose a 'military toolkit' or something else so things like ironsights can be removed and replaced with optics or other compatible ironsights. Attachments have to be very rare to find on their own and only in military areas. Most optics will come from weapons already haveing them attached eg. M4A1 CCO. I think there should be EXTREMELY rare SOPMOD kits found in military locations containing one attachment for each picatinny rail exclusively for M4s and Mk16/17 rifles. SOPMOD kits would contain different attachments for any special operation, suppressors, lasers, ACOGs, Underbarrels grenade launchers, foregrips, flashlights, night vision scopes, you get the idea. As I mentioned previously, you can only change weapon parts with other weapons, looted accessories, and kits if you have a 'military toolkit'. Maybe you can expand on my idea?

• Like 1

Unless you mean optics and other accessories that mount on 1913 spec rail systems, no.

Many parts are not common across the same family of weapons, for example a Colt M16A2/3 barrel will not fit in a Colt M4A1.

So, it's ridiculous to expect parts from an FN FAL to work in an AK-74 and vice versa.

Even if they did, changing barrels requires a trained armourer and special tools, so your uncle Vanya isn't going to manage it using a hammer and a 2x4..

Are you coming from a Warzzzz angle? All attachments fit all?

I think because Arma is based as a simulator, You will get limited but relevent interchangability.

Standalone should have something along these lines I believe. How much of these, we will see when it comes out.

I think weapon parts should be interchangeable parts like barrels, optics, muzzle attachments, stocks. I propose a 'military toolkit' or something else so things like ironsights can be removed and replaced with optics or other compatible ironsights. Attachments have to be very rare to find on their own and only in military areas. Most optics will come from weapons already haveing them attached eg. M4A1 CCO. I think there should be EXTREMELY rare SOPMOD kits found in military locations containing one attachment for each picatinny rail exclusively for M4s and Mk16/17 rifles. SOPMOD kits would contain different attachments for any special operation, suppressors, lasers, ACOGs, Underbarrels grenade launchers, foregrips, flashlights, night vision scopes, you get the idea. As I mentioned previously, you can only change weapon parts with other weapons, looted accessories, and kits if you have a 'military toolkit'. Maybe you can expand on my idea?

you mean make a sawed off shotgun or whatever?

I most certainly dont mean Warz. Only parts compatible with your weapon can be changed.

Standalone will satisfy your requirements my fellow forum user.