Sign in to follow this  
(OLT) Tom

Bandit passion

So we are all aware that kidnapping in game has become a real habit among bandits , so i thought why not upgrade that action/drama , what if you could actually break someone bones

or give them a knockout for the sake of them doing what you want them to , for example you came across another player and you dont want to kill him but on the other hand if you dont react now he just might see you and kill you , so im suggesting that when you come close to another person and he submit to you ,by clicking a certain key on the keyboard or by another way,

then you can actually have an option to disable him by breaking his bone or a knockout , this will actually give players a more stable system to depend on when trying to make someone else surrender without one bullet shoot , another way is to make an option for a player to surrender like now by raising his hands but this time when the player raise his hands all his equipment both on inventory and in the backpack will drop to the ground and in order to make sure players wont click on it by mistake the keybinding will be a bit complex .

plus when taking hostages in a car or a bus you will be able to blindfold them and disable any action for them , of course that the victim have to agree to any of that maybe he just rather die then being a captive .

please show your opinions .

Edited by (OLT) Tom
  • Like 4

Been suggested lots of times previously but that doesnt detract from the fact it still is a good idea to be able to incapacitate another player. I would hope it comes into the game soon!

Id be all for more melee weapons such as hammers, baseball bats (cricket bats!) etc to be able to knock out or break a leg sure! I also like the idea of having zip ties (cable ties) to ensure a player cant use a weapon or remains incapacitated for a set period of time.

Id even be happy to see a tazer, stun grenades or even drug injections being introduced.

Edited by Box
  • Like 1

Been suggested lots of times previously but that doesnt detract from the fact it still is a good idea to be able to incapacitate another player. I would hope it comes into the game soon!

Id be all for more melee weapons such as hammers, baseball bats (cricket bats!) etc to be able to knock out or break a leg sure! I also like the idea of having zip ties (cable ties) to ensure a player cant use a weapon or remains incapacitated for a set period of time.

Id even be happy to see a tazer, stun grenades or even drug injections being introduced.

you understand me more then i do :)

• Like 1

Do I get to up the ante then , and build a prison so you can't ever escape , effectively rendering your character useless on whichever server you are playing on , until you starve or die of thirst ?

Sounds to me as if KoS isn't enough any more , and you just want to grief as much as possible .

Wouldn't you rather have the "Hug" mechanic , or the "Pat on the back" animation in the game ?

How about the "Tip of hat" or the "Fist bump" , or the "Offer a posy of flowers" ?

Unless there is a reason not to kill some one ( which there really isn't since people don't want thier play style punished ), and incapacitate them instead , why bother ?

• Like 1

How about the "Tip of hat"

m5g1W.jpg?1

• Like 1

Do I get to up the ante then , and build a prison so you can't ever escape , effectively rendering your character useless on whichever server you are playing on , until you starve or die of thirst ?

Sounds to me as if KoS isn't enough any more , and you just want to grief as much as possible .

Wouldn't you rather have the "Hug" mechanic , or the "Pat on the back" animation in the game ?

How about the "Tip of hat" or the "Fist bump" , or the "Offer a posy of flowers" ?

Unless there is a reason not to kill some one ( which there really isn't since people don't want thier play style punished ), and incapacitate them instead , why bother ?

wtf are talking about dude? chill just suggesting go find yourself a warm shoulder to cry on , jesus...

This may be difficult to do, but if you want to break their legs to stop them you could throw an empty whisky bottle at them. They would still be able to shoot at you though.

Here i was thinking your thread was going to be about a Brokeback Mountain type mechanic about bandit love.

Disappointed.

Edited by DemonGroover

What I am saying is , your interest seems only to lie in ways to cause further grief to players , above and beyond just killing them and taking all their stuff any way .

But I wouldn't want to "punish your play style" , so who am I to say what is right or wrong eh ?

In takistan life u can knock people out. u can also dance i would like to see the dancing feature brought into dayz.

There is something really funny about ten people dancing different styles at the ATM when you are a fresh spawn (in life). or someone tries to rob u and u just start to dance.

There is something appealing to stuff like this. Kidknapping, torturing etc. Trouble is, as the victim there is not enough of a reason to make you say "Ok, dont shoot" and let them take you. In real life you would be tryng to keep yourself alive. In other games you may end up with some reward or perk. In DayZ you'll most likely think "screw it" and try and do a runner.

Because of how DayZ is, being kidnapped is as good as being dead. This is why bandit playstyle is so heavily favoured. The victim doesn't enjoy the game while being kidnapped. You could argue that being kidnapped isn't meant to be enjoyable. True. But who's is going to sit there watching the screen with a disabled UI for half an hour, while three bandits muck about? Unless its good footage for a vid then not many.

Unless the victim is given a means to change his situation(some sort of game mechanic)then it won't change much. But doing just that is coming dangerously close to altering what DayZ is supposed to be.

This may work: you put knockouts and some sort of restraints like handcuffs in the game. When you are knocked out or handcuffed you are considered in combat so you cannot combat log out. The next thing is players who are in combat will be able to log out but it will kill you instantly. This would allow you to stay alive with the bandits until you realize you are never getting away so to keep the Game fun you can just respawn.

• Like 1