shinkicker

DayZ 2017 New Release

DayZ Commander.

Iv tried finding a server using dayz commander but i still get the same message

Edited by jorro0121
  • Like 1

Didn't Shinkicker say it wasn't on DayZ Commander yet?

Change your DayZ directory from "@DayZ" to "@DayZ2017", search for "2017" servers and play. Not that hard.

• Like 1

Hi

I have already changed my dayz directory but now it come up with a message saying bin config ira skin and then goes back to the main menu.

Any ideas?

• Like 1

Tick the Override button in DayZ Commander Settings and put 2017 at the end of @DayZ.

Works for me.

Might have to then restart DayZ Commander for it to kick in?

• Like 1

keep in mind he posted this on 13 januari 2013 (maybe 12 if you live on the other side of the planet) and he said :

" Its set 5 years into the future" then calls the game dayz 2017

:facepalm:

Maybe the Idea for the Mod was there before 2013 ?!?

u failed !

• Like 1

Loving the Mod! Just one suggestion, get rid of all the animals or make them incredibly rare. Make it REAL desperate and desolate for food that way,

Also got some clips of eating hapless victims! Lurk the DayZ Cannibal may be an acquired taste, luckily, YOU aren't.

• Like 2

Loving the Mod! Just one suggestion, get rid of all the animals or make them incredibly rare. Make it REAL desperate and desolate for food that way,

I would expect that 5 years after an apocalypse that animals would be more common. Without farmers slaughtering them they would probably reproduce and flourish, not die out.

EDIT: I am not suggesting more animals though, just there isn't a need to get rid of them.

Edited by DemonGroover
  • Like 4

I would expect that 5 years after an apocalypse that animals would be more common. Without farmers slaughtering them they would probably reproduce and flourish, not die out.

EDIT: I am not suggesting more animals though, just there isn't a need to get rid of them.

From a gameplay standpoint I was really panicking that I couldn't find food and that I may have had to resort to eating a zombie or another survivor. Sure I was being silly in the video, but only after I realized I could kill and cook any one of the hundreds of easily available cows, pigs, sheeps and whatnots that were running around everywhere. My sense of despair was deflated fairly quickly. So it makes sense to me, in keeping with the theme and mood of the mod in general (scarcity of supply), severely toning down or doing away with the animals, presents a thrilling balance of moral choice when it comes to hunger.

And to be clear, matches and knives are high rate spawns, so it's not a difficult thing to kill an animal in this mod.

Edited by BikeMan
  • Like 1

I agree that going with the mood of the mod once you have the 'hunting' gear you are set up.

Perhaps the domestic animals should be removed, after all i once read that without humans a typical milking cow would soon die.

From one of my favorite documentaries, Life After People

http://lifeafterpeople.wikia.com/wiki/Cattle

• Like 2

Played it for a considerable amount of time.

Was single handily the best DayZ experience for me ever

Like others have said, domestic animals being removed/way less should be considered

• Like 2

I agree that going with the mood of the mod once you have the 'hunting' gear you are set up.

Perhaps the domestic animals should be removed, after all i once read that without humans a typical milking cow would soon die.

From one of my favorite documentaries, Life After People

http://lifeafterpeop...com/wiki/Cattle

I love that documentary.

• Like 2

I really like DayZ 2017. The Kamenka suicide bridge has become an all you can eat buffet for me :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback guys. The animal spawn lowering is a yes for the next release.

I am currently trying to deal with hackers at the moment whom seem intent on ruining it. If you do find servers suffering, keep in there, hopefully the idiots will move on soon.

• Like 2

Hi all!

How about this. You can get sick from drinking water out of ponds and wells unless you purifie it. to purifie water you would need too cook the water and run it thrugh a filter. a filter could be built from a tin can, coal from a campfire and sand from the beach.

Edited by truckfighter
  • Like 1

Hi all!

How about this. You can get sick from drinking water out of ponds and wells unless you purifie it. to purifie water you would need too cook the water and run it thrpugh a filter. a filter could be built from a tin can, coal from a campfire and sand from the beach.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback guys. The animal spawn lowering is a yes for the next release.

I am currently trying to deal with hackers at the moment whom seem intent on ruining it. If you do find servers suffering, keep in there, hopefully the idiots will move on soon.

Don't let them get you down man. Most scripters are just folks pretending they aren't deeply unhappy with their own lives. Much like forum trolls!

Edited by BikeMan
  • Like 1

Yeah i ran into one last night - a strange Debug Monitor appeared, so i logged out.

Hope i can get back to the future soon.

• Like 1

keep in mind he posted this on 13 januari 2013 (maybe 12 if you live on the other side of the planet) and he said :

" Its set 5 years into the future" then calls the game dayz 2017

:facepalm:

Keep in mind this was available before the new year

• Like 1

No, he actually has a point.

2013 + 5 = 2018

There are more things to nitpick at the OP than the guy who read his post,

but I like the features and am willing to forgive his flaws in this thread.

Yeah well the mod came out before 2013, so w/ever.

• Like 2

Yeah well the mod came out before 2013, so w/ever.

I already know this. I even gave beans to Shinshady on his post where he said it was released before 2013.

I was simply too lazy to edit my post. All you would've needed to do is check the one post after mine.

• Like 1

I dont want animals to be so rare that i cant chill at my camp sometimes. that's realistic to me. just how much are the animals going to be reduced? because i like being able to chill at my camp for a good hour or two sometimes and just meditate on how im gonna go about my next raid.

how can I change the clothes of the characters in the trailer appears many clothes

thank you

Edited by tiagoaccorsi
  • Like 1