Dimazawr

Say no to discrimination

its not racism it's them wanting to be able to talk to the people who are online...

All Russians are dodgy, Germans are humourless, English are stuck up and Australians are thieves and racists??

Don't forget that Americans are all gun toting fat people that eat at McDonalds and don't know a thing about the rest of the world.

:(

He was talking about stereotypes, not proven facts... ;D

I don't think uncle Ruckus approves of this.

How do I keep finding you and your funny quotes?

:P Racism is forever :o It may be wrong but it is something I have grown to accept :huh: In the gaming world it seems hilarious to me :lol: You should not use VOIP in ANY language :rolleyes:

I understand where administrators are coming from.

From what I've encountered since the start of DayZ, a substantial amount of hackers tended to be Russian - although it's unfortunate legitimate players have to suffer.

Most servers though only wanting, for example German players, are perfectly fine by me. They are normally administrated by a German admin and they want players that speak the same language, not going to be much sense if they don't speak very good English and it's filled with English speaking players.

It's not racism, it's just administrators trying to mitigate damage on their server or play with like-minded people, as harsh as it may seem to some.

• Like 1

Well there is a game out there that has actually banned entire regions/countries from playing due to the fact that those areas are where hackers are notorious. They banned Asia, Africa, China, Japan, Korea, Russia, the majority of the EU and the entire Middle East.

• Like 1

I belive it has nothing to do with racism.

The example you used was restricted to there language only. Maybe the simple server rules are only in their language, or they want understeand each other.

Think it has something to do with simple rules, like "Don´t use sidechat".

They get ignored, because some can´t translate them.

Most german servers have the rule "No racism". Some not written because it is obvious/normal/standard.

B) Edited by NoCheats

Any talk in any language in side chat is the cause of most of the bans. I enjoy having the Germans in Celle and Russians in Chanarus. Adds to the reality.

Banning anyone because of language or nationality is bigotry and I imagine the type of server that does this sort of thing would not be much fun or have many friendly players.

I fully agree that the statements in the native language are not allowed. Often a lot of us behave is not admissible way. We ourselves are struggling with this problem and try to fix it.

Bans and kicks is a necessary, but they must be resonable. And the reason must not be "He`s Russian/Chinese/Iranian and so on''

What's the solution to this suggestion exactly?

Well there is a game out there that has actually banned entire regions/countries from playing due to the fact that those areas are where hackers are notorious. They banned Asia, Africa, China, Japan, Korea, Russia, the majority of the EU and the entire Middle East.

They banned China, Japan, Korea and the majority of Russia twice?! Once for the Country and once for the Continent?

What's the solution to this suggestion exactly?

Many servers are limited, there are only some nationalities may come. The suggestion is to remove these limitations

Isn't it just a question of practicalities in some cases? If I admin a server, I need to monitor that server and talk to the people playing on that server. For that to happen I need the players to be able to speak English. How do I talk to people and whitelist them if we can't understand eachother? I agree racism should never be tolerated, but I don't see this as racism, just a practical necessity for admins to be able to monitor their servers and keep them safe. Thoughts?

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 2

I don't mind german only servers. It just means they want german in the chat. If you stick to that there should be no problem, no matter where you're actually from. They shouldn't kick people just for that.

I don't like however that when you're on an English server, a lot of germans speak their own language. At least make it work both ways.

It's like when I go on holiday to France, I should speak french, since I'm there. Understandable. But when some French come on holiday in the Netherlands we also have to go speak their language. It's really annoying. (Of course this doesn't count for all French, it's just the general feeling I get)

Many servers are limited, there are only some nationalities may come. The suggestion is to remove these limitations

My point is you can't really prevent this from happening unless you remove the ability for admins to kick/ban players, I think the mod proved how well a server admin "Code Of Conduct" worked.

• Like 1

They banned China, Japan, Korea and the majority of Russia twice?! Once for the Country and once for the Continent?

I just copy pasted what the report said but you get the idea. The company basically banned anyone that wasn't American or British.

Care to back that up? All I see is opinionated bullshit with no proof.

Punkbuster stats for one.....

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-latest50-bf3-lfb41.html [Look at thew flags]

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-latest50-codww-lfb33.html

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-latest50-bf2-lfb13.html

Games that keep stats like the Battlefield series......

Russian and former soviet bloc countries are in the majority.

Pick any FPS and have a look at the stats.

• Like 2

Maybe if a very high number of Russians weren't such notorious hacks and scammers then those rules wouldn't exist.

Politically correct BS isn't going to change the fact that Russians have a worldwide reputation of turning scamming and cheating into an Olympic games level event.

A simple check of any game that keeps stats will show.. Russians are in the lead by a HUGE margin when it comes to hacking in games or hacked servers. Second is Germans

what the bullshit? American players (and European) use cheats not less

The anti-russian or german rules are mainly because they talk on global/viop in their language, thereby irritating other players.

really? why american and european players talking with english, deutchland and another languages on RU servers and admins not banned this players? Idk no one RU server where allowed to play only russian players

and I'm sure with this your attitude, the russian players will continue to kick yours ass on yours servers (where they do not banned)

amen

Edited by kasseta

Why you need to play on the 20 servers you are not allowed? Choose of the hundreds servers where you are allowed.

Sometimes I can´t join a server also. Never thought about racism. It´s ok, go next server.

99% are not allowed @ OP´s example.

I prefer servers where all people are allowed.

Edited by NoCheats

I experienced it this type of attitude from some admins in latinoamerican servers because they dislike the people that enters into their servers. The main problems is that a lot of servers here are private so you can do nothing about it. It gets me really pissed knowing that some people discriminate others, but in games? Come on, inside them we're all the same, so I don't understand what's the meaning behind their actions. I hope DayZ Standalone conduct terms touch this theme closely so it can be downed pretty much to zero.

hi,

Are we going on about stereotypes here, because that is a pretty flimsy excuse to ban someone because they come from a certain country?

All Russians are dodgy, Germans are humourless, English are stuck up and Australians are thieves and racists?? Really?

Kinda sad that we still have people who think along these lines.

And frenchies? What about frenchies? There's so much to say about them...

and now here's a stupid vids to relax everyone:

cya.

Nikiller.

This just in, free market beats communism!

But honestly OP, why can't you just go to a different server or hire your own? No one is forcing you to use the blocked servers.

Edited by Quartermaine

it's not the first online game that sees me badded because of my regional IP. this sucks and racists are all a bunch of stupid monkeys. ingame like in real life