Sign in to follow this  
EliteSkittle

So they promised they were not bandits but...

But of course I did not believe, and yes I am a bandit hunter, I kill people in bandit skins on sight, because you don't "accidently" get a bandit skin. But I digress

I was sitting on top of the Elektro Hospital when I hear several gunshots ring out in the night. I quickly get out of my prone position and start to scan the city, when the I see muzzle flare out of the corner of my NVG is the supermarket. Raising my scope I have time see a lone crouched figure sprint from the supermarket behind the Office Building across the street. I pull out of my scope and and watch the building. Finally over global a man types "i see you up there on the hospital i'm friendly"

"ok i'm a hero, I medic in my off time otherwise I am a bandit hunter"

"oh well your not gonna shoot me are you?"

"you a bandit"

"yeah but its an accidental skin"

He gave me a sob story over how the KOS nature of the game drove him to be bandit, and I called BS. I just saw him murder a man in the Supermarket. He says the other guy shot first. I did not know. So we have a stand off, my blood pumping, me watching the office building when suddenly a flare comes over the building, this burns my NV to white and I don't see him spring out from behind the building. But I quickly dropped to prone using the cover of the walls, and while i wait for my screen to re appear I hear him climbing up the ladder to the roof. Snatching my pistol from my side, a PDW loaded with MP5 ammo, I spray in the direction of the ladder, and a second later I get the confirmation of a kill notice in chat.

"wow I was coming up to see if you wanted to trade items"

"Lol you are a liar sir"

"Well can I have my stuff back?"

"sure if you wish to come get it, but if I see you with a weapon i will shoot you site"

So I decide to go back to my hunting crouching down and scanning sniper hill, when i see a man sprinting down it with an M107 (i'm using a dmr with NVG's by the way). I quickly type into chat

"sniper on the hill drop your gun or I will kill you" as he did not have a bandit skin, he was in a female skin

"Oh thats my brother he is coming to watch my stuff" said the bandit from about 10 minutes ago

The sniper did not drop his gun, nor put it in the Coyote pack on his back but instead dropped prone behind a tree and sat. I scoped in and zeroed my scope waiting for the right moment, my patience rewarded a few seconds later when he started to wiggle out from behind his tree, One shot to the his leg that I saw first then another to his back dropped the sniper.

"OMG WHAT A CAMPING FAGGOT"

I proceeded to laugh out loud in the global chat, before sever admin told me to stop. at that time my friend logged in just outside elektro and picked himself up a free M107 with 9 mags some NVG's and an M16 Acog, where afterward we skipped down the street merrily until I decided to come post this story.

I just wanted to share this little story and get your thoughts on what people mean by "accidental bandits"

• Like 5

On the main hive I have 2750 humanity and I'm stuck in a bandit skin... I think I qualify for accidental bandit. u,u

OT: I just try to avoid anyone that I don't know already unless they're a genuine new player, usually pretty easy to spot bandits pretending to be helpless bambis, lol.

• Like 1

But of course I did not believe, and yes I am a bandit hunter, I kill people in bandit skins on sight, because you don't "accidently" get a bandit skin. But I digress

That is wrong, you get accidental bandit skins, or are you just going to let the survivor axe you to death?

Other than that, you did what you should've done, you gave them a fair warning and they didn't do as you said, accidental bandit skin or not.

Edited by Mupplo
  • Like 1

I'd have probably shot the first guy too, but the second one probably didn't need to die. It seems everyone feels as though they are in the right when they see someone else with a gun and demand that they drop their weapon when the person making the demand would never drop theirs. You're not much better then a bandit to me.

• Like 1

To be fair I once had an 'accidental bandit' skin, it was long ago I was at the medic tents by Balota with 3 guys I met up with, suddenly we get ambushed 3 of my companions die as I run for cover with my AK.

I got to the coast fine as bullets continued to whizz past me, I took cover behind some rocks as one fella appeared just below me on the slope with a lee Enfield, I spray him In the face and killed him, second guy tried to flank but I heard him running so put some lead in his chest, then all went quiet andi thought I was safe to move but then I spot the other guy prone in the grass as he opens fire on me, a few well placed shots to his head put him to sleep, all 3 were survivors, no bandit skins and yet from that firefight I managed to get a bandit skin for defending myself.

Mind you this was in the early days of DayZ.

I can't wait for the standalone . I'm only interested in DayZ , that's the only reason I didn't by arma 2 CO .

I'd have probably shot the first guy too, but the second one probably didn't need to die. It seems everyone feels as though they are in the right when they see someone else with a gun and demand that they drop their weapon when the person making the demand would never drop theirs. You're not much better then a bandit to me.

You are correct! I don't drop my gun, I put it in my backpack :P, He had an M107, I classify that as a Player Killing weapon, on a known player killing spot, I am willing to garuntee that he would kill me had he had the chance, he didn't defend himself. AND he was running with somebody who was a Player Killer.

That is wrong, you get accidental bandit skins, or are you just going to let the survivor axe you to death?

Other than that, you did what you should've done, you gave them a fair warning and they didn't do as you said, accidental bandit skin or not.

To be fair I once had an 'accidental bandit' skin, it was long ago I was at the medic tents by Balota with 3 guys I met up with, suddenly we get ambushed 3 of my companions die as I run for cover with my AK.

I got to the coast fine as bullets continued to whizz past me, I took cover behind some rocks as one fella appeared just below me on the slope with a lee Enfield, I spray him In the face and killed him, second guy tried to flank but I heard him running so put some lead in his chest, then all went quiet andi thought I was safe to move but then I spot the other guy prone in the grass as he opens fire on me, a few well placed shots to his head put him to sleep, all 3 were survivors, no bandit skins and yet from that firefight I managed to get a bandit skin for defending myself.

Mind you this was in the early days of DayZ.

See killing people attacking you and getting a bandit skin is one thing, but honestly its not hard to lose it, if you can go longer then a few hours without killing a survivor (and trust me its not THAT HARD) its not an issue it goes away. And no It may be a dick move but if somebody in a survivor skin comes at me I shoot them in the leg with my DMR, Once with my G18 this knocks them out, I go up to them bandage them, give them a blood transfusion, and drop a morphine on there body.

you sound just as bad as most bandits.

thank you for your critique fine sir, I dont kill bambi's i give them guns, I heal people, Have had my hero skin SINCE THE INTRODUCED IT, and have not lost it, and I always, ALWAYS give a warning before I kill.

On the main hive I have 2750 humanity and I'm stuck in a bandit skin... I think I qualify for accidental bandit. u,u

OT: I just try to avoid anyone that I don't know already unless they're a genuine new player, usually pretty easy to spot bandits pretending to be helpless bambis, lol.

Bro that sucks. D:

I play with a few friends but we server hop all the time, as Everytime I stay to long on a server I get a cross hair on me.

I know, lol. I think if I could find a ghillie suit and change in to it then back in to my civi gear it might reset my skin but obviously now that I actually want one they've all evapourated... xD

TBH, I find I'm more likely to survive if I stay on one server cause it's easier to keep track of your surroundings.

Its actually pretty damn easy to accidently get a bandit skin, im a hero but am glitched with a bandit skin.

It's actually very easy to get an accidental bandit skin. My friends and I used to play with three guys who would kill passing bambis on sight. We concocted a plan to bring an end to their terrorizing ways but before we could put it into action my friend accidently killed them anyway. Did it work out in the end? No. My friend, despite having the hero skin, ended up as a bandit. The three he killed had never actually attained the bandit skin despite having killed around ten heroes/fresh spawns.

From what I can tell the main methods of regaining humanity is blood bagging other players or killing bandits. Both methods are easy enough if you play with people you know but get substantially harder if you play alone. Somebody who kills a few people in self defense would find himself in a bandit skin pretty quickly. He's going to have a tough time getting rid of it if everybody shoots said player on sight.

EDIT: I see. So being a loner and forced into a bandit wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen. Thank you for the clarification.

V

V

V

Edited by Velvet Remedy

You slowly regain humanity up to a maximum of 2500 over time although you can use medical supplies on other players to increase your humanity more quickly. Killing bandits does not affect your humanity. It doesn't take too long to get rid of a bandit skin if you only kill 1 or 2 players. :)

• Like 1

Would have probably done the same thing, tho my first attempt would have been to sneak out of town and let them do their business.

Also, good read

Edited by IOnlyCampMyFireplace

"OMG WHAT A CAMPING FAGGOT"

It's times like those when I'm embarrassed to call myself a gamer. I hate being associated with such ignorance and immaturity. :-(

But even i you kill one or two people I still do not understand how hard it NOT to shoot people. I've been playing the game since it was first out, and not had to kill more then 10 people in self defense, and if you OFFER over all chat your medic services its not hard to get rid of a bandit skin, i've seen people do it, even helped a few redeem themselves.

Though i you get glitched into and told me that, i'd probably believe you as long as you know, didn't throw a flare in my face.

Death of "unwilling bandits" is just one of those things that will happen when you hunt down bandit players. It's just too risky to let them live or believe their sob stories. There are no accidential Survivors or Heroes, so there's obviously more reason to let those live without using projectile justice.

I'm sure some of the bandits I've killed are really actually good guys who have been in a bad position, but if you show yourself as a bandit you really should know and take into account that many people WILL not trust you and that you run a risky buisiness just being there. Don't whine and bitch if you die then. I've been there myself, and while I started that journey from -30k Humanity, I throughout that time stayed out of places I would risk gunfights, only going amongst where I would highly risk running into players when I had to get food and/or drinks, which I had to considering the drop from -30k took a loooooong time and no one trusted me to give them blood.. not that I blame them.

Bandit hunters are just as merciless towards Bandits as Bandits are towards any other groud, including other Bandits. It's just the way it is. Don't wanna risk running into one, then stay/get the hell outta dodge.

• Like 1

edit; didn't know killing bandits does not effect humanity. statement retracted.

Edited by mzltv

So if you get a bandit or hero skin and die you still respawn with it?

Yes, you keep the skin until your humanity is high/low enough. If you die as a bandit, you respawn as a bandit. Survivor, as a survivor and Hero as a Hero. Though it might refresh and give you the skin that fits your humanity, like if you reach 0 from negative and bandit state, you might respawn as Survivor.

Yes, you keep the skin until your humanity is high/low enough. If you die as a bandit, you respawn as a bandit. Survivor, as a survivor and Hero as a Hero. Though it might refresh and give you the skin that fits your humanity, like if you reach 0 from negative and bandit state, you might respawn as Survivor.

Ok thanks! I was wondering why I always spawned as a hero, but that explains it.