jubeidok

Most of these are a joke.

Been checking out a lot of Private Hives lately as the global hive servers seem to attract the most attention from hackers and the like.

What I've noticed is that a large portion of this game/mod is lost on these people. Some of these servers have absolutely ridiculous starting gear. Making it obvious that they don't want to play a game where you have to search and explore to survive. You just want to spawn and then go shoot some people. The whole donate to get what ever gear you want when you spawn further proves this. Clever I guess for the ones offering it, but the idiots that pay....wow.

Overall, I just don't get it. The more and more of these that turn up, the more I see the Arma game being modded back into a mod of the Arma game. Why not just go play Arma where you have access to all those things without having to cheat? If your purpose is to PVP, why not play games that are much better for that purpose? Or, now this is the kicker, play some Arma, the game you bought to play this mod that you're not really playing anyways? Insurgency is particularly cool.

Now don't get it twisted, I am in no way against banditry. This mod would not be nearly as intense(or at all) without it. I just think that a bandit should have to earn the right to be a bandit just like survivors should have to earn the right to be a survivor. I am not crying cause I get killed by bandits or that people feel the need to start with a gun. My rant is one part due to the frustration of thinking I am the only one that is willing to challenge themsleves and start with nothing and two, that others are ruining their chance at the experiences this mod has to offer. Seriously, do yourselves a favor and spawn on that beach, drop everything the server is giving you...and play!

• Like 10

Yea i agree with yer on this... and im a bandit. I dont mind being killed, because i enjoy searching for treasure! I just dont play on servers that start yah kitted out, there are plenty conventional private hive servers. (i havnt played chernarus in many months, so soley play private hives)

Funny, I just posted about this recently

I do run a private hive when requested, its unmodded with only a few small rules but you are welcome along.

Yeah, I got on for the first time in a while last night and literally couldn't find a private hive server that didn't require whitelisting, had more than 10 players and default settings. xD

Everywhere seems to have 'starter gear' i.e. pretty much all gear or 9,001 vehicles. Really need to get whitelisted on a decent private hive, lol. Althought saying that, didn't see any signs of foul play on the main hive all night so things must have improved. :)

Edited by mZLY

A lot of servers have lost touch with what DayZ is I reckon, making them strictly a pvpfest. I run a private hive but the ruleset is close to vanilla as possible, where the survival element is well intact.

We have the opposite problem, we have a vanilla private hive passworded, but dont trust anyone to invite them, most of our players are from Eve CSS and other friends clans. Only 14 on in an evening and its getting a little to friendly.. What with a lot of us in clans for 10 years plus we are all getting on in life and cba with opening up the server to idiots, however it soon gets boring without a bit of agro and more players to bump into.

www.team-3mc.com and have a crack on the forum if you know any solo bandits or full teams.

Edited by Icarus73

Been checking out a lot of Private Hives lately as the global hive servers seem to attract the most attention from hackers and the like.

What I've noticed is that a large portion of this game/mod is lost on these people. Some of these servers have absolutely ridiculous starting gear. Making it obvious that they don't want to play a game where you have to search and explore to survive. You just want to spawn and then go shoot some people. The whole donate to get what ever gear you want when you spawn further proves this. Clever I guess for the ones offering it, but the idiots that pay....wow.

Overall, I just don't get it. The more and more of these that turn up, the more I see the Arma game being modded back into a mod of the Arma game. Why not just go play Arma where you have access to all those things without having to cheat? If your purpose is to PVP, why not play games that are much better for that purpose? Or, now this is the kicker, play some Arma, the game you bought to play this mod that you're not really playing anyways? Insurgency is particularly cool.

Now don't get it twisted, I am in no way against banditry. This mod would not be nearly as intense(or at all) without it. I just think that a bandit should have to earn the right to be a bandit just like survivors should have to earn the right to be a survivor. I am not crying cause I get killed by bandits or that people feel the need to start with a gun. My rant is one part due to the frustration of thinking I am the only one that is willing to challenge themsleves and start with nothing and two, that others are ruining their chance at the experiences this mod has to offer. Seriously, do yourselves a favor and spawn on that beach, drop everything the server is giving you...and play!

Try a Dayz 2017 server

Yeah this is true. I accidentally joined a wrong server, spawned on the coast with NVGs, a compass, 3 bandages, M9 SD with 3 mags and a DMR I think too. The first thing that crossed my mind was "what do I do now"? Huge part of the fun in this game is starting with nothing, even if it's not all that hard to find decent gear. In the first two minutes I saw three choppers. I was probably the only one on the map not to have a car yet too. More and more servers are now just ARMA with some zombies thrown in and an "annoying" food/water meter.

also the 24h daytime is spreading a lot..all pussies kindergardens...nothing best than default settings

i must say that i love modded buildings and more vehicles randomly damaged...

If you're looking for a server where you do actually have to survive then come and check us out, you don't get any benefits and start the with the default gear. The only changes we have made are adding vehicles and custom wrecks into the server, we also have a day/night cycle on the server.

http://dayzmod.com/f...om-crash-sites/

Also got a very simple whitelist method: http://dayz.frak.eu/whitelist/

We are looking for players that like a nice vanilla DayZ experience, but there doesn't seem to be that many players who actually want that though.

Edited by Forceh

Wow, I was almost certain I was going to get flamed for that. Good to know there are still some people out there that like to "play" games.

Side Note: I tried Dayz + last night, liked it. It was nice to have to worry about the zeds again. Peeps should check that out if they haven't already.

I though posting flame bait was a bannable offense? lol, j/k, honestly i have more fun on my private hive than public, i mostly stay in dayz because of the saving to the dbase feature, now that MSO is out i might move to that if i can take some features with me. I modded in minecraft and i mod here on my private pw protected server where people who dont know what is going on, on that server, dont accidently join it and get all ticked off for some reason.

Edited by xyberviri

We run a server that has a ton of vehicles, and more ARMA2 style features. I will agree - most gobs-o-vehicles servers just add vehicles for the sake of adding them, and I will also agree that this is a departure from what vanilla DayZ is all about.

I will argue that there is room for different types of DayZ experiences, should they be implemented with thought. I will use our server as an example: We are looking to create a scenario where the zeds have only been around for a matter of days. Vanilla DayZ paints a picture of survival weeks or months after all hell has broken loose. This is a ton of fun - I still play it myself, and there's a certain magic to it. But you must admit that personal interactions become colored by the type of kit the actors are carrying. You may hate that individual with all of your soul, but you can go weeks without seeing them - and when you do, you may be ill-equipped to do anything about them. On the flipside of that, the KOS culture of vanilla DayZ makes forming teams difficult.

Let's contrast this with our server. Yes, survival is much less of an issue - as you might expect so soon after Z-Day. Vehicles are plentiful and varied. Powerful tools exist to let your creativity go. While you argue that this creates a PVP fest, the opposite has been proven true most of the time. People feel more comfortable setting up large alliances and pooling their resources. Small teams are more comfortable with being friendly with each other. Lone wolves say hello instead of shooting. Of course, these relationships fall apart; the alliances grow internally suspicious, the small teams grow envious of each other, the lone wolves prefer to be alone. The battles we've seen on this server have been epic, to be sure. The days between large battles have been boring for an admin to watch.

It's not ARMA2: I've been playing this series for quite awhile, and the difference is tangible. There's more risk, more diplomacy, more relationship building. Vehicle parts become the currency of choice. And it's not easy - I laugh when someone new comes into the server expecting an easy experience and gets brutally beat down. Many times they're not even shot - many times they log in to find their assets missing, their work lost. The setup rewards those that work hard, and punishes those that are lazy.

You'll never find that kind of experience in ARMA2, and to call me a cheater for providing that kind of experience for my users is borderline insulting.

Good day.

Edited by CitizenIosef`
  • Like 1

I think the amount of customisation allowed in the private hives damages the game because many of the admins go mad and just add everything they can without considering balance or the initial gameplay that brought us all here.

Luckily the SA will have very limited customisation so even on private hives in the future the gameplay will stay in tact.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

Hello there

I *like* the fact that folk can tailor hives to their own particular tastes.

My bugbear is that they seem to be in only two camps.

1/server with everything. cars + equip

2/server with nowt or less

Why havn't folk on the whole pushed the boundries? Where's the WW2 (i44) version? Vietnam? Predator? The beauty of arma is it's cutomisability. Think outside the box folks.

I know there are one or two examples out there but many servers i see are just full kit and a shed load of vehicles.

Rgds

LoK

I agree with this. Completely full loadouts and hundreds of vehicles really defeats the purpose of DayZ overall. The joy in DayZ is finding this gear for yourself. What some people are really looking for I think is ArmA II without DayZ mod.

With that being said, there are a few great servers out there that still follow the original DayZ standards, though it's definitely more difficult to find.

I agree with this. Completely full loadouts and hundreds of vehicles really defeats the purpose of DayZ overall. The joy in DayZ is finding this gear for yourself. What some people are really looking for I think is ArmA II without DayZ mod.

With that being said, there are a few great servers out there that still follow the original DayZ standards, though it's definitely more difficult to find.

Negative sir, some people are looking for : Persistance DB, Saves between restarts, Base building, Sandbox elements, it could be minecraft, swg or dayz, honestly some of us dont care.

DayZ sucks when it comes to zombies, on public servers you dont go "Oh dont go into cherno it has zombies", you hear more "Dont go into cherno there is a lone sniper in the middle of the town" pft as soon as i get a axe im safe, WAY safer than if i happen to find a gun.

People aren't looking for Arma 2 Dayz, they are simply looking for the game saving features that dayz already has, Google Arma MSO Dedicated server and see if you find anything like you would with "DayZ Server".

At least when a satchel charge goes off on my server i know it wasnt hacked in

Edited by xyberviri
  • Like 1

My point is that many admins tend to modify their servers to the point where it doesn't even feel like DayZ anymore.

It's true, it seems a lot server admins go overboard with the customizations...

My private servers has a few, but mostly just to add a little more variety... The only modifications I made was adding a little more variety to the vehicles that show up on the map (extra models of the Volha and the Lada, police care and the AN2)... I also added additional vehicle spawn points, since the majority of the vehicles were concentrated along the coast line to encourage people to move inland to search for vehicles...

That and a whitelist, to cut back on the number of hackers we were experiencing, but we maintain a regular population of 15 to 25 players a night (online at once, that is)...

I don't really see what else would be needed, aside from small tweaks that would offer more of a (balanced mind you) variety of weaponry...

So just for the sake of not starting a new thread, is there ANY privat hive that is not modded to a crazy extent and still have players on it? the only reasonable one i could find was the rock paper zombies one (85.234.146.100:2412 whitelist here http://rockpaperzombie.freeforums.org/apply-for-whitelist-f11.html) but yea even that is a littel modded.

Would be nice to see a few more Expert privat servers since im a glutton for punishment ^^

Would be nice to see a few more Expert privat servers since im a glutton for punishment ^^

Oh yeah, that's another one. There are practically no servers running 1st person only. As much as I like 3rd person for travelling, I can live without it, but 1person only is deffinitely a slightly different experience. I miss Chicago 10, a really solid 1st person only server.