Sign in to follow this  
deathrush

Is 3rd person unfair?

This is up for discussion.

I personally believe that it breaks the game and ruins immersion. Nothing fair about being able to look around corners and over walls. First time I played on a 1st person only server, it was magical.

Now for standalone. I think it is nice to be able to look at your character from 3rd person to view what your new gear looks like and such, but I think the 3rd person should be altered to the point where you can't interact with items or shoot from it. Either that or make more 1st person only servers.

Again this is up for discussion, try and convince me why 3rd person is realistic and is important to the game.

Trolls stay away pl0x.

First person makes some people physically sick, It's much easier to enjoy your surroundings and to a greater degree when in third person, and it makes it easy to check where your squad is, compared to the weird head swivel that you get in first person.

maybe because you see yourself out of perspective however, taking out 3rd person would take out a part of the experience (making it more like other FPS's) of uniquely creating and managing your character/your story.

to me, the term fair implies is it equal for all. because all players have the same option, I feel it's fair while personalizing the character.

Edited by sarge11111
  • Like 1

I love 3rd person for that exact reason yet I would still be happy if it was removed as I understand it is a form of cheating in a game like this. The amount of times 3rd person has saved my life is unreal.

But I believe that in SA, when in person mode, force 1st person but once in a vehicle, it can be switched. The reason being a buddy had an epileptic fit when riding the bicycle over grass on a 1st person-forced server. (No idea how he did. I thought you only trigger those by stuff flashing at you)

People say 1st person makes people get headaches and such but thats only because they haven't configured their FOV settings correctly

Edited by Be4st

I stand corrected. I did not realize the amount of people who experience vertigo from first person.

Everyone should know that the head bob can be disabled...I say give it a try all you dizzy DayZ'ers.

I too would like to see first person receive some improvements. Maybe a wider FOV? Less head bob?

Just remove the crosshair and set the camera a little lower, I don't think it needs to be fully removed. Aiming and moving in tight spots also sucks when you have third person on. Obviously, the hardcore servers will be first person- only.

Edited by Sutinen

First person makes some people physically sick, It's much easier to enjoy your surroundings and to a greater degree when in third person, and it makes it easy to check where your squad is, compared to the weird head swivel that you get in first person.

btw head bob you can switch off in game settings

Edited by V3C1C

Maybe it's just preference from my Socom days but I feel like third person gives you a better overall feel for the game, and your position in it. A great example is in real life if you're hiding in a tree you can look behind you to check to see if everything is covered, but in first person dayz it is damn-near impossible to make sure without third person. Just one example out of many I guess.

WTH is wrong with you people! This topic has been done to death here. Use the search function and decide for yourself. Don't like 3rd? Rent a server,, play on one of the already existing 1st only, or just accept that 3rd is here to stay. It is not my job or concern to convince you of squat, you have the option to play without it enabled. At this point it is boiled down to my way is the right way and be damned everyone else!

• Like 1

How is it "unfair"?. It's not unfair if everyone can use it.

They should definitely not take out 3rd person until we at least have the freedom to change the FOV to whatever we want. And even then it probably won't help that much.

I prefer 1st person as well. Seeing over walls removes a real tactical element. Same debate in racing games. Always noobs wantin' to drive from 3rd person. Really takes the sim out of it.

• Like 1

WTH is wrong with you people! This topic has been done to death here. Use the search function and decide for yourself. Don't like 3rd? Rent a server,, play on one of the already existing 1st only, or just accept that 3rd is here to stay. It is not my job or concern to convince you of squat, you have the option to play without it enabled. At this point it is boiled down to my way is the right way and be damned everyone else!

Ben Franklin is a hero of mine. He was an incredibly tolerant man and a master negotiator. He would never have talked to people like this. You sir, have pulled him from his slumber and made him your avatar only to besmirch his good zombie name?!! FOR SHAME!

Edited by Nefarious

Its not really unfair, as everyone has that same advantage on 3rd person servers. So you won't be able to acquire loot more effciently or stuff like that.

Just join one of the first-person-only servers, whats the problem?

the problem is that first person gives you an unrealistically narrower field of vision than 3rd person.

Please use one of the existing first vs. third-person threads instead of creating a new one. Thanks!