tact

Rocket: This difficulty FUCKING rocks!

THIS is what makes this mod start to really define itself, THIS is the fucking apocalypse people! It is hard, it will rape you, and it will need polish. The fear of zombies is BACK! You will adapt, and embrace a whole LAYER of this game again: Stealth.

This is Hitman, this is Thief, this is the what makes this experience amazing. Risk, reward, and fear. You can't just camp in a building anymore and slowly kill 15 zombies then move out. We went through 5 mags doing single shots on a barn pull. 70 zombies later, we were low on ammo and had beans. This is as it should be.

I think this is a bold step in the right direction.

BTW, I spawned without a gun, and fucking loved it. Now geared, and in the hills. Embrace stealth, and the new LOS mechanic, you can lose all or many zeds.

GFJ ROCKET!

So, a game where you have nothing, dies 10 times before you even find a weapon only to die 5 minutes later because a zombie, 500m away from you, spotted you, and when you hide it won't de-aggro you and still hit thru doors?

I don't think that appeals to many people at all, and i was a huge fan of DayZ until this happened.

With this patch, i regret ever buying arma2, and i seriously hope rocket will come to the conclusion that, even tho he want's a hard game, this is a boring game atm.

So' date=' a game where you have nothing, dies 10 times before you even find a weapon only to die 5 minutes later because a zombie, 500m away from you, spotted you, and when you hide it won't de-aggro you and still hit thru doors?

I don't think that appeals to many people at all, and i was a huge fan of DayZ until this happened.

With this patch, i regret ever buying arma2, and i seriously hope rocket will come to the conclusion that, even tho he want's a hard game, this is a boring game atm.

[/quote']

No need to exaggerate, haven't been killed one single time since the update was released, more of a l2p issue.

And yeah this mod isn't suposed to appeal to everyone, its aimed towards the hardcore crowd.

So' date=' a game where you have nothing, dies 10 times before you even find a weapon only to die 5 minutes later because a zombie, 500m away from you, spotted you, and when you hide it won't de-aggro you and still hit thru doors?

[/quote']

Not sure if you're joking or not - but if you're not, you're totally playing the wrong game (or rather, were).

The majority don't like the current patch, so it WILL be changed, fuck what the hardcore crowd like, it's got to appeal to everyone, rocket wants it to be accessable to many not a few.

You can't tuck a mod like dayz into a "small crowd" it doesn't work like that.

[/quote']

22143888.jpg

Praise for the sake of praise and the lack of any real point despite the contrary of what is going on with the in game mechanics does not help the state of the mod.

I cant tell you how awesome it is now that you can lose zombie aggro with LOS, the only issue I have so far is the infinitely spawning packs of zombies (which looks like its being fixex). I'm pretty happy about it overall, and I'm damn sure my sniper friend was happy after fleeing from where he fired and aggroed a whole town. All I saw after looting a building was a group of zombies looking confused at the spot where he had been.

Lack of patience is what's getting people killed.

You're not going to be able to sprint all of the time, if you're anywhere near a town..you're going to alert a zed.

Be patient, walk crouch, and use prone. It may take a while, but it works...as it should.

A idea for the future would be to make a second mode for DayZ.

-Regular: Weapon at spawn, etc. (easier)

-Veteran: Three item start, a kick in the ballz run for your life.. good luck living.

As far as starting in-game no weapon. 5mins from spawn? why even do it then, but then again why not? The topic can go both ways. I think in the end this is not a strong game changing feature. to a degree yes but in some aspects no. I believe those that really hate it should wait till rocket gives the hotfix a try(fixing line of sight and etc.)

Those that DO like it and wait also. Nothing is in stone.. this is Alpha.

No game features are set in stone till Release. Even then there's no promises.

DayZ team is far away from beta even.

Oh look. You can make a meme, how smart are you?

Highly agree with the OP.

I've spent hours playing this today and havent died once (yet).

Granted, I've only covered a short distance during that time (spent a good 2 hours just trying to get in and out of a barn without being spotted) but I've got enough kit to survive for a few days now and it was highly rewarding.

Oh look. You can make a meme' date=' how smart are you?

[/quote']

Not very. Please do let us have your cd-key tho, all the same *smooches*

The majority don't like the current patch' date=' so it WILL be changed, fuck what the hardcore crowd like, it's got to appeal to everyone, rocket wants it to be accessable to many not a few.

[/quote']

The majority wanted bandit skins back. They aren't.

Why does this mod have to appeal to "everyone"? When has it even tried? You seem to assume a lot about rocket's intentions.

That hardcore "small crowd" is a lot larger than you think. Especially with the "casual crowd" moving back and forth between whichever DM FPS is newly released.

Oh look. You can make a meme' date=' how smart are you?

[/quote']

Smart enough not to get raped by Zeds, apparently?

The majority don't like the current patch' date=' so it WILL be changed, fuck what the hardcore crowd like, it's got to appeal to everyone, rocket wants it to be accessable to many not a few.

[/quote']

Alot of people spent 40$ of ARMA II so they could play DayZ. Alot of us hardcore sim players live in a fantasy world in which we are superior and more mature then "casual" gamers like those who play Battlefield 3 (which is a fairly realistic and tactical game in fact), so our opinion is "fuck em". But having thousands of people buy the game only to find it too tedious and difficult to enjoy. A great many ARMA/DayZ players find the idea of "casual faggots" having to spend 40$ on a game that they can't get into a laughing matter. So much for maturity. I think starting with a Czech Vest Pouch instead of a Patrol Pack would make players a lot more thoughtful about what they pack, and prevents them from toting around extra guns.

I loved the patch 1.7.1 on paper, but I think the seeing distance of zombies needs a moderate nerf (which is in the hotfix), and the amount of gear we spawn with needs to be somewhat increased (not to previous levels). For example:

Crossbow

6 Bolts

1 Water Bottle

1 Baked Beans

1 Bandage

1 Painkiller

1 Morphine

10 Roadflares

Czech Vest Pouch (4 slots)

We have a weapon that can kill single zombies that are in our way silently, but very difficult to kill players with, but we do have defense regardless from small groups of zeds. There is nothing wrong with this, there is nothing 'pussy' about this, and it doesn't somehow make the game casual.

No need to exaggerate' date=' haven't been killed one single time since the update was released, more of a l2p issue.

And yeah this mod isn't suposed to appeal to everyone, its aimed towards the hardcore crowd.

[/quote']

So, this game is only for the hardcore crowd now?

THIS is what makes this mod start to really define itself' date=' THIS is the fucking apocalypse people! It is hard, it will rape you, and it will need polish. The fear of zombies is BACK! You will adapt, and embrace a whole LAYER of this game again: Stealth.

This is Hitman, this is Thief, this is the what makes this experience amazing. Risk, reward, and fear. You can't just camp in a building anymore and slowly kill 15 zombies then move out. We went through 5 mags doing single shots on a barn pull. 70 zombies later, we were low on ammo and had beans. This is as it should be.

I think this is a bold step in the right direction.

BTW, I spawned without a gun, and fucking loved it. Now geared, and in the hills. Embrace stealth, and the new LOS mechanic, you can lose all or many zeds.

GFJ ROCKET!

[/quote']

Agreed.

No need to exaggerate' date=' haven't been killed one single time since the update was released, more of a l2p issue.

[/quote']

No, it's obviously for people who enjoy it for what it is.

[/quote']

Alot of people spent 40$ of ARMA II so they could play DayZ. Alot of us hardcore sim players live in a fantasy world in which we are superior and more mature then "casual" gamers like those who play Battlefield 3 (which is a fairly realistic and tactical game in fact), so our opinion is "fuck em". But having thousands of people buy the game only to find it too tedious and difficult to enjoy. A great many ARMA/DayZ players find the idea of "casual faggots" having to spend 40$ on a game that they can't get into a laughing matter. So much for maturity.

I loved the patch 1.7.1 on paper, but I think the seeing distance of zombies needs a moderate nerf (which is in the hotfix), and the amount of gear we spawn with needs to be somewhat increased (not to previous levels). For example:

Crossbow

3 Bolts

Flashlight

1 Water Bottle

1 Baked Beans

1 Bandage

1 Painkiller

1 Morphine

10 Roadflares

Czech Vest Pouch

Please add "Roll of toilet paper" to that list, cos I keep shitting myself now.. alone, in the dark, crying like a baby.

[/quote']

Alot of people spent 40$ of ARMA II so they could play DayZ. Alot of us hardcore sim players live in a fantasy world in which we are superior and more mature then "casual" gamers like those who play Battlefield 3 (which is a fairly realistic and tactical game in fact), so our opinion is "fuck em". But having thousands of people buy the game only to find it too tedious and difficult to enjoy. A great many ARMA/DayZ players find the idea of "casual faggots" having to spend 40$ on a game that they can't get into a laughing matter. So much for maturity.

Crossbow

3 Bolts

Flashlight

1 Water Bottle

1 Baked Beans

1 Bandage

1 Painkiller

1 Morphine

10 Roadflares

Czech Vest Pouch

Please add "Roll of toilet paper" to that list, cos I keep shitting myself now.. alone, in the dark, crying like a baby.

How about a piece of sandpaper that reads "YOUR FUCKED" on it?

Just use a leaf dude.

[/quote']

Hasn't it always been appealing to the hardcore crowd...?

I also like the idea of 1.7.1 on paper, but:

1. We really don't have LoS on Zed's - what we actually have is "run into a building to get de-aggro'ed". This means you could have 20 Zed's 10 feet behind you, hop into a building and zing, it's like you got a new paint job in GTA3. No more aggro. However, you could have 1 Zed 40 feet behind you in the woods, but good luck losing him. Feels more like a gameplay gimmic then a true feature to me.

2. IMO opinion, there is a big difference between "challenging/difficult" and "time consuming". Most of the changes to the Zed "AI" in 1.7.1 effectively just make the game more time consuming, not any more challenging. In my experience, the practical result of the increased sight line with Zed's is to turn crouch walking into prone crawling. You do the same stuff, just a lot slower. Game went from tense to boring, for me.

3. Increased Zed damage and starting equipment modification I find enjoyable. Perhaps start with one water canteen and a can of beans, though? Might be cool if we could start with radio's to contact other survivors in game with as well.

my 2 cents.

[/quote']

three words: LEARN TO PLAY

Ummm i dont get it? Why do people think this is hard?

You run around carelessly, ignoring zombies even if aggro, then when you want to loose them just run into a building or around a corner and boom you're as free as the sun.

There isnt anything difficult, there isnt anything hard...

[/quote']

Hasn't it always been appealing to the hardcore crowd...?

Apparently Dayz has had quest compasses, regenerating health, cover systems and no friendly-fire up until this patch. At least this is how it seems by reaction to it.