psstloaf

Make Players Unique

XP

that's not a scrunched up face with its tongue out. XP

Starting attributes would be great for making players totally unique, nothing fancy. just a simple few things to stand players out from other players. Strength, Intelligence and Agility only example... with 15 starting points that could give you 5 on each, making you an all-rounder for example.. if every attribute went to 20 and the level cap was 10 giving you 1 point per level for example no one player could be the best at everything but could be a master of one thing (e.g. you can only drag comrades or brake down doors because you have surpassed a curtain threshold of strength or even making you do those few things faster or with even stronger doors etc..... or maybe you could even be a jack of all trades etc. etc.

just please keep it within human parameters.

Implicating xp will also help stop players hoarding items to make the consequence of death not really that bad!

Players will thirst for life if there max level but also be survival machines..

levelling could be hidden in only what you do and expanding on that. players have no need to get warning signs in the middle of there screen letting you know that you have just reached your next level. it just happens! and players would not even have to calibrate where there points are allocated it just happens to what you do.. again! a little the same of real life! from what you do alot of you get better at.... (run lots = run lots more)

have it all hidden!

Edited by psstloaf
  • Like 1

I like this. Add in a little mechanic that will undo, say, a level every time you die? Seems a bit much, but this could be a server preference thing. It would definitely add another dimension to making the game a little harder on tougher servers.

A side thing I wanted to add in here... Sounds stupid, but can I please be allowed to control how my character looks, please? Why? Well, what if I want to have a certain look if my friends and I are a certain clan? Perhaps we want to get a certain camoflage to blend in better? Maybe it is freezing as hell at night and this little shirt/vest combo is not doing it to keep the biting cold of the sub-russian region out? Just some thoughts.

I like this. Add in a little mechanic that will undo, say, a level every time you die? Seems a bit much, but this could be a server preference thing. It would definitely add another dimension to making the game a little harder on tougher servers.

A side thing I wanted to add in here... Sounds stupid, but can I please be allowed to control how my character looks, please? Why? Well, what if I want to have a certain look if my friends and I are a certain clan? Perhaps we want to get a certain camoflage to blend in better? Maybe it is freezing as hell at night and this little shirt/vest combo is not doing it to keep the biting cold of the sub-russian region out? Just some thoughts.

i was thinking all levels when you die!

yes wouldn't it be cool if you could have a badge or an arm band which you could place on your cloths anywhere.. yes bring on the sewing kit :P

yes love the idea of having to keep warm too.. what if it also restricted movement and maybe added armor too.

• Like 1

i was thinking all levels when you die!

yes wouldn't it be cool if you could have a badge or an arm band which you could place on your cloths anywhere.. yes bring on the sewing kit :P

yes love the idea of having to keep warm too.. what if it also restricted movement and maybe added armor too.

All levels might be a bit of a deterrent to further playing after a high-level character dies, but it would be realistic. That could be something decided server-side. I like that... armor? sewing kit? restriction of movement? all fun ideas. I love it. Beans to you, sir!

No level, if any skill system is used you should gain in the relevant skills as you do. Levels are stupid and do not reflect how you play.

@Thre3zekiel Ever heard of custom faces?

this doesn't help you, when you are behind someone ..

No level, if any skill system is used you should gain in the relevant skills as you do. Levels are stupid and do not reflect how you play.

infact levels could determine exactly the way you play, the more you do something the better get at it! practice does make perfect.

All levels might be a bit of a deterrent to further playing after a high-level character dies, but it would be realistic. That could be something decided server-side. I like that... armor? sewing kit? restriction of movement? all fun ideas. I love it. Beans to you, sir!

stopping players being rambo is my point but if your good at it, go for it!, you'll only get better at it.

levelling could be hidden in only what you do and expanding on that. players have no need to get warning signs in the middle of there screen letting you know that you have just reached your next level. it just happens! and players would not even have to calibrate where there points are allocated it just happens again! a little the same of real life! from what you do alot of.... (run lots = run lots more)

have it all hidden!

All of the number crunching when it comes to leveling or anything else should definitely be kept behind the scenes. I don't even want to see how many bullets I have left in a clip. I'd rather have a button that I could press to have my character pull the magazine out and give me a side view of it, so I can see for myself the amount of bullets left.

• Like 3

All of the number crunching when it comes to leveling or anything else should definitely be kept behind the scenes. I don't even want to see how many bullets I have left in a clip. I'd rather have a button that I could press to have my character pull the magazine out and give me a side view of it, so I can see for myself the amount of bullets left.

moving forward from condemned dayz, yes that would be cool!

this overtime could also change body structure so you could spot the "strong guy" in the group no problem or even the "free-runner" from there physique

infact levels could determine exactly the way you play, the more you do something the better get at it! practice does make perfect.

But this game is about actual learning, not grinding and leveling up. Actions should be based on player skills, not character skills.

• Like 1

But this game is about actual learning, not grinding and leveling up. Actions should be based on player skills, not character skills.

player skill leads to character skill, its not about grinding at all!, its all hidden.. you may never know that you have just levelled up or even levelled down through lack of performance for example, you would just get better at what you learn and do. - kick a door down in real life you may not get through the first time but the more doors you kick down the easy it will get. same with shooting a gun, chopping down a tree, smashing a window, breaking someone's neck its all progressive and should be represented in dayz.

also this would bring in more of a thirst for your life! no one wants to die in there prime. items fair enough, you can just get more, but real time experience you gotta work for .. priceless!

Edited by psstloaf

player skill leads to character skill, its not about grinding at all!, its all hidden.. you may never know that you have just levelled up or even levelled down through lack of performance for example, you would just get better at what you learn and do. - kick a door down in real life you may not get through the first time but the more doors you kick down the easy it will get. same with shooting a gun, chopping down a tree, smashing a window, breaking someone's neck its all progressive and should be represented in dayz.

But if all you did was sit and reload, you'd be positive you leveled up your reload.

It doesn't matter if it's hidden. What matters is that it's there.

But if all you did was sit and reload, you'd be positive you leveled up your reload.

It doesn't matter if it's hidden. What matters is that it's there.

how do you get better at reload ? im taking about physical actions .. unless your saying, the first time you reload a gun you might be a bit of a flap, fimberly trying to reload your gun but no. im taking about natural progression! go to the gym you naturally get faster and stronger, bog standard muscle mass.

player skill leads to character skill, its not about grinding at all!, its all hidden..

It might sound that way but when people find out how to do it, they will post it online and endless grinding would follow. I don't see how this would improve the game whatsoever, the less we know and the less we can affect our characters through repetitive tasks, the better. The more we learn outside the game about the game that makes us more skilled as individual players, the better

It might sound that way but when people find out how to do it, they will post it online and endless grinding would follow. I don't see how this would improve the game whatsoever, the less we know and the less we can affect our characters through repetitive tasks, the better. The more we learn outside the game about the game that makes us more skilled as individual players, the better

agreed, i fully agree but its not something you can post on the internet and show off, its simple progression, everyday kind of stuff! people are not going to want to grind all day if things are trying to kill them. like the environment and their own bodies (hunger etc) it would not be nice to instantly die after grinding strength eg. all this will lead to detection. you stay somewhere doing the same thing over and over again which could be causing noise long enough someone is going to detect you player or zombie. they do have a fatigue meter of sorts i believe also

i cant even see it being that much of an advantage, in the opening post i made it a low numbered guess because there's not much between us humans unless your a professional strong man or free runner, rocket scientist which would be a max level player for example.. which would take a long to achieve in real-time.

Edited by psstloaf

Starting attributes would be great for making players totally unique, nothing fancy. just a simple few things to stand players out from other players. Strength, Intelligence and Agility only example... with 15 starting points that could give you 5 on each, making you an all-rounder for example.. if every attribute went to 20 and the level cap was 10 giving you 1 point per level for example no one player could be the best at everything but could be a master of one thing (e.g. you can only drag comrades or brake down doors because you have surpassed a curtain threshold of strength or even making you do those few things faster or with even stronger doors etc..... or maybe you could even be a jack of all trades etc. etc.

just please keep it within human parameters.

I don't think this would do much. This can already be determined in encounters when you see people. Strength, I think could vary on how long you have survived for depending on your nourishment in your diet meaning the longer you stay hungry; less muscle and weight loss would be developed over time before succumbing to death.

Skill system has been heavily recommended for DayZ and at the same time, heavily deniable even though the Standalone is shooting for the MMO style element. We'll see.

To make characters unique, it has been confirmed that character customization has been a key factor to the Standalone. It's been done through possible customized faces and ethnicities along with additional clothing which eliminates the 'bandit and hero' outfits from the classic mod. Overtime, male characters will develop a beard which it's optional to shave off :)

Edited by TIC321
  • Like 1

Skill system has been heavily recommended for DayZ and at the same time, heavily deniable even though the Standalone is shooting for the MMO style element. We'll see.

i think the MMO style is just refering to the set up of the servers. players maybe over the 100 mark. agreed we'll have to see.. they might even do a "move off the edge of the map into a second server other map" type thing. hope not would cause all sorts of problems. it needs to be seemless if there doing anything like that.

Edited by psstloaf

i think the MMO style is just refering to the set up of the servers. players maybe over the 100 mark. agreed we'll have to see.. they might even do a "move off the edge of the map into a second server other map" type thing. hope not would cause all sorts of problems. it needs to be seemless if there doing anything like that.

I heard that 100 is easily achievable but could make the map feel 'crowded'

I heard that 100 is easily achievable but could make the map feel 'crowded'

They can increase the surface area of the map. A hundred players distributed in chernarus as it is aint that much really, in the current state of the game though it would cause problems since people gather near the shoreline to pvp