Sign in to follow this  
mcfozzy

Zombies acting like soldiers?

Okay, so what do you guys think about the zombies still having some of the soldier scripts? For example that they're hard to aim on since they run from side to side to avoid getting shot?

Do you think they should just run towards you like brainless monsters or should they be smart? And should they do more or less damage?

post-139797-0-37030800-1357590214_thumb.

Side to side is fine. Persistent is fine. Damage is fine. I just wish they wouldn't phase through walls and doors like goddamned ghosts.

• Like 1

Ah right! I agree, especially when your'e in supermarkets and barracks, and when they attack you trough walls

I hate getting wallbanged, so annoying especially when I'm not trying to be noticed lmao.

Edited by DavidJones

Some should just run towards you like brainless monsters.

The others like today... but...

Instead of the angle they should run semicircular.

Group ki, so they don´t block each other.

It has been this way since...forever?

As a mod, zombies aren't just magically appearing. They are literally re-written/skinned soldiers

So yeah they'll zig-zag, its the soldier side of them trying to flank. Honestly I'm surprised how well it operates as it is

Get a raidboss, every barracks/high loot/vehicle spawn should have one.

• Like 1

People would whine. Incessantly.

No.

There should NOT(and I think that is Rocket idea)be any fixes vehicle/loot spawns. All vehicles should spawn rarely, but everywhere across the map. And the same for loot(Any type of item, even a high end military weapon, should have the possibility to spawn everywhere), although military bases should have a bit more probability to spawn military weapons.

Because as the infection became uncontrollable by the military, the military should have been trying to protect people, adding the possibility of military zeds(and weapons) on cities. (In case you needed the explanation to this, although this should be adopted for the sake of gameplay)

I'm cool with the straight lines, but they should do some serious damage when they get there!

I hope DayZ SA works on the logic that a zombie is not a threat - Zombies, plural, are.

Only thing I'd like to get fixed are the god damn clipping zombies. They can swirl around trying to catch their tails for all I care as long as they're not doing it trying to hit me through a wall.

Lets fix the zombies ghosting through walls, hitting through walls, going aggro because they seen you through a wall, being able to hit you from over 5 meters away. Then we will worry about this.

I think the OP is giving the zeds too much thought. sure itd be nice to think that they purposely programmed them to avoid being easy targets but the truth is that the zombies arent moving side to side to act like soldiers. theyre moving this way because they didnt perfect the aggroing of the zeds. it was unintentional, and its more of them only being able to move in certain directions. this will also explain why sometimes when you attract a zombie it runs away from you for a moment. to put it plainly, they still havent worked out all the tweaks for the zombies.

I think the OP is giving the zeds too much thought. sure itd be nice to think that they purposely programmed them to avoid being easy targets but the truth is that the zombies arent moving side to side to act like soldiers. theyre moving this way because they didnt perfect the aggroing of the zeds. it was unintentional, and its more of them only being able to move in certain directions. this will also explain why sometimes when you attract a zombie it runs away from you for a moment. to put it plainly, they still havent worked out all the tweaks for the zombies.

They're done as well as possible. They are basically soldiers that try to flank you, hence the zigzagging.

My first thought playing the game shortly after the public mod alpha was released and getting hit by a zombie through a wall, (keep in mind with mods for games, usually alot of imagination is necessary because of the limitations of what the modder can do with the game), "holy shit! just like a zombie movie!"

Tell me you haven't seen a zombie movie where the zombies can smash holes through doors/walls/windows and take swings at the victims. You don't see those people standing in front of windows or next to a plasterboard wall.

I always accepted the damage through walls, in the standalone game I would expect animations of doors falling to pieces etc, but in a mod? Good luck implementing that lol.

Edit: It was always said from the beginning that these aren't shambling "zombies" per se, but more infected people who just want to eat your face. So the superhuman speed/bullet dodging has always been fine. To be honest, I don't think we were ever meant to be able to out run these zombies, but due to limitations of Arma (no melee built in) attack animations forced them to pause and it just ended up that way.

Edited by Kra

More girl zombies.

Never thought about that, is there even one girl zombie? Maybe they should do it so male zombies run slower but handle more damage and female zombies run faster but take more damage? Both cause the same amount of damage of course

Here is the deal... Zombies attacking you through the wall is exactly that... They smash down/claw/maul the wall/door/etc. and attack you... Just like in a movie they smash through the wall and @#$% you up... It is REALISTIC... if you use your imagination <--- i know im asking a lot

It is odd how zombies in other arma mods don't zig zag though.