Fearless96

What To Do When You See A Player

Hey guys its me again!

Havent posted in a while, and just gonna tell you a small tip in dayz from my past experiences.

So basically if you see somebody walking around or in the same building as you, dont bother typing "friendly" or "i wont shoot". You dont know if the other player is out to kill players or zombies. What you need to do is aim the gun to his/her head (make sure you keep some distance) and in the mic say "If you move or turn around i will shoot. I am friendly and will not shoot you". If they decide to turn around or start running then by all means go ahead and shoot them because who knows what there next move is. If they dont move and have a mic on them they will talk to you back and hopefully its a "ok i wont shoot".

Thats just a small tip i picked up over my experience because i have died countless times due to players shooting me before i even get to type "Friendly"

Note: Some people may disagree with this method however it is the only one which has not got me killed yet.

~Nicemod

• Like 1

Depends... normally i run away and if they attempt to chase me. It's fight for ur life. No one i've come across ever tries talking... just KOS. :D

I've been playing a little over a month but I've put quite a few hours into DayZ during that time.

I have yet to kill another player and I have yet to be killed by another player.

I've been damn lucky.

I've had OP admins chasing me in helicopters, I've had guys typing 'friend ' and then trying to kill me, I've had a hacker spawn next to me and demand a ride in my betty van.

But I've met met lots of friendlies and traded goods, the betty van was a present from another player, I've been given lifts...etc etc

I survive sometimes by just staying away from towns and by engaging people in chat long before I meet them, there's a way of eliciting people's true intentions if you're clever.

Howevwer, when I log into DayZ later I will probably get murdered now that I've tempted lady fate. I love this fecking game.

Depends on situation. Sometimes I even come to help people, mostly I KOS/avoid, second is preferrable.

Edited by Kpekep2

I avoid pretty much everyone that seems dangerous and kill if it's a sniper or a bandit. If I hear gunshots, I sneak away. If I get shot at, then it's on.

• Like 2

I avoid all player contact due to the KOS attitude of most players. I have met 2 who were not hostile since August? & one nice hacker who gave me a magic box of weapons (No I didn't use any & I don't count hackers as players).

I actually just found this thread after a 20 minute stint in Namalsk during the night. I was looting supplies with zombies raging all about coz of some dufus shooting at them when I get shot in the back, at close range... in the dark. Cheers mate your a Legend :( It's the usual thing being shot in the back by some scumbag. Yeah the map wasn't big enough for the three of us woz it!

So I have no desire to chat, trade, help or kill another player. Although the temptation to go on a murder spree seems strong at times (like now).

i've come across quite a few friendlies but recently i got killed by a bandit with a revolver quite embarrasing as i had a m4a1 CCO SD so now on i think i'm going to be alot more careful :P

After several recent incidents, if you have a gun or bandit mask, I shoot. if you dont, I wont, unless you have a decent backpack.

I started with the firm belief that I would team up with random people and survive in groups, now its pretty much shoot on sight.

I've killed quite a few people recently, but when I did try to help someone, I heard sniper shots in the city where they were injured with a broken leg. Another guy was trying to help him but I killed him when he came up behind me near a destroyed car with a gun towards my general direction. Funny enough I found a sniper in his backpack. After this I made my way to try and find the injured player before hearing more sniper shots and eventually being killed. About 10min later the injured player was killed as well.

Never kill another player on sight unless you absolutely have to. Gain an advantageous position from which you can find out whether the player is a threat. If they are using a high powered rifle (the DMR for example) then the safest thing to do would be to knock them out and loot them.

If you kill players and gain the bandit skin, nobody will trust you and will more than likely kill you on sight.

• Like 1

I am new to this game, I bought it 2 days ago. I had been thinking that the biggest danger would be bandits. Now, when I actually can play this mod, I've discovered a sad thruth - that every other player is hostile. It's very hard to survive. I need to stay away from players all the time and run around the map alone, which is quite boring.

I've discovered a sad thruth - that every other player is hostile

That's an opinion, not a truth. I'm not hostile, for example.

That's an opinion, not a truth. I'm not hostile, for example.

Surely there are friendly players like you, but statistically there is about 90% (?) chance that the person you see is hostile and it's safest just to kill him on sight. And that's why violence creates more violence :P

I've never shot someone on the private hive I'm in. I've helped about 4 players with stuff in cherno on 4 different occasions and now I'm on good terms with all 4! I just talk in side chat to make friends !

Surely there are friendly players like you, but statistically there is about 90% (?) chance that the person you see is hostile and it's safest just to kill him on sight. And that's why violence creates more violence :P

It's a tough one, I admit.

It's far easier to shoot on sight with no questions asked, but as you've pointed out, this sort of behaviour isn't healthy as it creates paranoia throughout the community. It's a mentality thing more than anything. If people don't trust one another then you're never going to get random groups forming on game, which is sad, as they are sometimes the most refreshing thing for new players to experience.

I generally give people the benefit of the doubt, but I know not to trust anyone. When gear paranoia kicks in however, people start acting far differently than they would if they were newly spawned.

If he is a bandit or he has a mega-macho weapon I shoot ASAP. If he's a bambi with a pistol or with a civilian weapon like the Winchester or Lee I ask them if they are friendly

I always type friendly if given the chance. Prevents other from knowing your direction and no reaction/reply..implies to me, that they're either non-English or hostile/idiot.

In the cities, I shoot on sight if the player is coming towards me with anything other than a flashlight in his/her hands.

Out in the sticks, I'll keep out of site and observe from a safe distance.

Multiple players - I'll slink away unseen.

Lone player - I'll let you pass on by unless you appear to be looking for me or start moving in my direction carrying a decent rifle.

Hello, I'm pretty new to the game and have been let down a few times already by players shouting "friendly!" before they kill you. But I'm all for working together to survive, so I never fire upon anyone if not fired upon.

In regards of "hackers", how can you know that someone is a hacker? Except for obvious things like if they respawn next to you and stuff like that.

I just started playing yesterday, and was killed twice by people going through the proper motions to ensure I wasn't hostile. Unfortunately for me, I didn't know how to put my gun down, so when I went to the ground with my weapon still raised, even though I said friendly, they thought I was about to open fire on them. They assumed incorrectly, but I can't blame them for their actions based on what I appeared to be doing.

My second encounter was just unfortunate circumstances. I told the guy I didn't know how to put my gun down and would turn around. What I didn't know, was that his buddy was behind me, so when I turned around, I was pointing my gun in his face. He shot me without hesitation.

Gotta love noobs.

• Like 1

Use your surroundings. get in the best cover. If you want keep aim on them and attempt Comms, if they react in a hostile manner then drop them (if i hail friendly and they don't lower their weapon i shoot, Pre-emptive strike so to speak)

Last thing you want to do is attract more boots to your position, Good players think before they shoot.

Well I only have met only 2 people at short range (I play since 3 months :/)

The first one shooted at my back with makarov and I axe'd him to dead

Second I was being shooted at the fire station with only a crowbar and then a random dude with a DMR comes and starts shooting everywhere,so with my Gordon Freeman skills in less than 20 seconds he was dead. And now I got a sweet DMR with handgun and alice pack :D

I always ask if they are friendly. But lately, the only response i get is a bullet in the head. Today i meet 3 people, all 3 tryed to kill me on sight even if i said ( yelled like a mad man )that i am friendly. And now i am a bandit, and on the server i play ( 60 people online constantly ) people just shoot bandits on site.

Because of those KOS players now i have to hide in the woods and be forever alone.

Been in game for about a week now had died the first couple of times to user error and the elements . Last night however I was trying to find something to keep me alive had spent the last hour with a grey fuzzy UI due to blood loss making my way through a factory only to be held up by a few guys . they were screaming at me to stay down and in my state with only hatchet told them I was injured and friendly they said wait here I sat down ( ' ) and waited thinking that they would help only to see them hold me at gunpoint and the other hacked me up with his hatchet. I will stay friendly but that got stuck in my craw for sure