Sign in to follow this  
badbadrobot

DayZ (SweetFX v1.3)

All it does is change color. Never said anything about textures.

I never said you did, but the name "SweetFX", combined with the fact that you have high res textures for everything and you add "real life" onto the end will surely fool a lot of people into thinking it's more than just a colour tweaker.

Edited by AussieStig

yeah without sweetFX it's like you have some kind of grey film over your screen

• Like 1

Does this work with retail owners? Because retail owners have only Arma 2 folder which includes Expansion folder. I tested this and I believe this didn't work because there wasn't any difference if I hit F12. There wasn't any pop-up that SweetFX enabled if there should be any?

I tried this in:

Arma 2 folder only

Expansion Folder only

Arma 2 and Expansion folder

Edited by St. Jimmy

Is my problem somehow related to 64-bit windows?

Edited by St. Jimmy

To the some of you who dont see the difference (and to be honest at first i didn't either ;) ) i did a quick video and uploaded it as unlisted for your eyes, you'll see me flick it on and off about half way through.

Ps. who was the idiot who disliked it? it was here for you to see the difference. -.-

Edited by Anarchyihdi
  • Like 2

Now I got it working. Needed to launch the game from the .exe first and with the admin mode. Now I need to get this work with beta patch. After tha I'll watch some tutorials and find the best settings for me :)

/Damn this doesn't work with Mumble overlay :(

Edited by St. Jimmy

Now I got it working. Needed to launch the game from the .exe first and with the admin mode. Now I need to get this work with beta patch. After tha I'll watch some tutorials and find the best settings for me :)

/Damn this doesn't work with Mumble overlay :(

Are you using Windows 8?

To clarify, does this not work when you try to launch through DayZCommander? I'm a sucker for good visuals and would love to try this. Just not all that comfortable faffing. when I faff, I break :P

Mine works with dayz commander.

To clarify, does this not work when you try to launch through DayZCommander? I'm a sucker for good visuals and would love to try this. Just not all that comfortable faffing. when I faff, I break :P

For some reason it's different for everyone. Worth trying tho to see what happens.

Are you using Windows 8?

Windows 7. My friend tested also and Arma crashes when Mumble overlays is on.

Does this have any affect on FPS? I don't have too many frames to spare...

EDIT: I downloaded and followed instructions, but when I press F12 nothing happens. HALP?!

Edited by Lepryy

How are you guys using this?? Whenever I try to use the Arma 2 OA beat patch it won't do anything at all, but when I use normal Arma 2 OA it works fine. Someone help please!!

Edited by Lepryy

How are you guys using this?? Whenever I try to use the Arma 2 OA beat patch it won't do anything at all, but when I use normal Arma 2 OA it works fine. Someone help please!!

Do you run the game via Steam?

Holy shitbox!! What a freakin difference! Honestly i did NOT expect it. Beans to you good sir!

• Like 2

Do you run the game via Steam?

Nope. I run it using arma 2 oa beta patch.

i cant seem to get this to work either

Using Dayz commander without steam with teamspeak 3 overlay.

windows 7

i cant seem to get this to work either

Using Dayz commander without steam with teamspeak 3 overlay.

windows 7

I'm not completely sure. Sounds like you need more advanced support. You should post in the download thread, so omni can really help you out.