mitor

Public or Private Hive?

Public or Private Hive?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What do you usually play on, public or private hive?

• Public Hive. (I like Chernarus and/or I haven´t had a lot of problems with cheaters)
    • Both, but mainly public hive, I play on private hive sometimes for the custom maps.
    • Both, but mainly private hive, I like to play in custom maps.
    • Both, but mainly private hive and password protected, because I like to avoid cheaters
    • Private hive and password protected always, to avoid cheaters.
    • Private hive always, I specially like one/some of the other maps, and I don´t like Chernarus
    • Other, and I will specify bellow...
    • Private hive because of the custom loadout, such as more vehicles and/or weapons.

Well, I see a lot of people recommending to play on private hives, and usually white listed, to avoid cheaters. I have also seen a lot of videos played on exotic maps, which are not Chernarus.

I haven´t come across any cheater for weeks, and when I find one, most of the times I can avoid being killed by simply killing the process quickly or closing the game fast. And I specially like Chernarus and the public Hive. I can understand why Rocket chose the map,a and I love it.

I also red that European servers don't have the same issues with skidies as US servers, anyway...

Edited by Mitor

It seems like the wave of hacking is fading. I see less and less. In autumn 2012 you could maximum play an hour. For now I played for hours in public hives and haven't experienced any problems.

The only use of private hives for me is to play custom maps like Namalsk/Taviana. I don't like private hives, especially whitelisted ones, because on most of these:

-It's nearly impossile to be a bandit. Kill someone and the raged friendly ass cries in side chat that %username% is a bandit. 3/4 of the server begin humting you then.

-Too many weapons, especially in Chernarus. Stupid additions like more military bases and wrecks.

-Admin abuse and clan privileges.

• Like 3

Private because:

-Less hax

-Custom loadouts, extra buildings, etc

-I like chernarus but I like the other maps better

I tried a few private servers and didnt really enjoy it...looked very artificial...I really enjoy spending days trying to find and fix vehicle and surviving...hive the way forward and with the new patch we'll have less hacking activities.

I play on a non edited, standard load out Chernarus whitlisted private hive and it's awesome. Great group of people and some amazing battles with awesome banter and no hacking.

I play private hive Chernarus... No option?

Well, you can choose the fourth and fifth options, I have also added the last option now, and if none of these are your options then you can choose "other" and tell us why do you play on private hive Chernarus.

Thank you.

Privates hives suck IMO

Public hives are the best and have the original DayZ experience without custom gear, more vehicles and stupid shit like that!

• Like 2

Private Hive with password protection to avoid hackers and for the custom loot/vehicle tables.

Very rarely, pubs for the vanilla experience.

I like a whitelisted private hive to avoid hackers.

I do not like them to be 24/7 daylight, with additional weapons, and extra buildings. It turns it into a different kind of game that isn't the DayZ I want to play.

It seems like the wave of hacking is fading

I wish this was true. I've been playing on a private hive run by a clan on and off for a few months now. Over the last 2 months the server has increased in popularity and is full on a regular basis... which has made it a target for hackers. I see hacker shenanigans occur on a regular basis and if an admin isn't around to roll back the server then you're fucked, it's gotten so bad that I've just given up playing on that server.

A lot of hackers have been eliminated by battle eye and DayZ anti-hax but now we're left with the hardcore, dedicated hackers and there's still no effective protection against them, their hacks completely bypass any server protection and the only way to stop them is if an admin catches them red handed and manually bans them.

I mostly enjoy private servers due to the user-friendly play and potentially less chance of possible hacks.

I sometimes play on Public hives for nostalgia I guess, not exactly sure why I play them occasionally.