Sign in to follow this  
ado4334

Downloading CO as we speak

I've already dwnloaded 7gb of it. Once i've downloaded he mod, do i go to a public server or private hive? What are the pros /cons of each, and doany hav people tha ae willing to not shoot on site :L. If a private hive UK time

Edited by The Governer

Being the "Governer" u should be shot on sight lol. Would of saved a lot of heartache for everyone.

Find a white-listed private hive if you want to avoid cheaters.

I'd recommend using DayZ Commander pal - it'll show you the ingame time, what types of map, and it's generally alot easier to use in terms of updating/downloading maps and the DayZ code.

You'll also be able to see which servers have a good latency, and in the server name, it can even outline what the server is about (ie. PVP, PVE, SAFE ZONES, START WITH GOOD LOOT!, etc..)

http://www.dayzcommander.com/

Edited by mzltv

I'd recommend using DayZ Commander pal - it'll show you the ingame time, what types of map, and it's generally alot easier to use in terms of updating/downloading maps and the DayZ code.

You'll also be able to see which servers have a good latency, and in the server name, it can even outline what the server is about (ie. PVP, PVE, SAFE ZONES, START WITH GOOD LOOT!, etc..)

And i would give a voice for play with six.

http://play.withsix.com/

Ahh so when i donload the mod i'll use this link , thanks

Find a white-listed private hive if you want to avoid cheaters.

Sorry for my bad knowledge of DayZ but im guessing white listed means everyone's been checked and is not a hacker. Woud i have to be checked etc to be whitelisted too before i can join one of these hives?

Being the "Governer" u should be shot on sight lol. Would of saved a lot of heartache for everyone.

Too bad we gotta wait till February to find out :s

Sorry for my bad knowledge of DayZ but im guessing white listed means everyone's been checked and is not a hacker. Woud i have to be checked etc to be whitelisted too before i can join one of these hives?

It means the admins need to add you to their list of allowed players before you can join. Most will have a website/email for you to submit your GUID which you can grab by typing in '#BEClient GUID' in chat. It's not fool proof but it's a lot of effort for someone to go through just to get banned and means they can't just change CD keys and rejoin instantly.

Edited by smasht_AU

@ The Governer

I know you are excited about DayZ and I am pleased that you have managed to get your PC working.

But I will ask you to consider before making another Topic, is a new Topic needed !

I have already merged some of your Threads.

Thanks.

I apologise if there is already a thread/ different section for this, but a couple of things i need to know:

Capslock lets you communcate with a headset, what do you press to type a message in game?

Also how doyou log out properlyto saveyour gear without alt +f4'ig

(Haven't played the game yet waiting for download ... 19 hours later)

(/): Type in chat. Use "Side chat" for global communications, though be aware, Side chat and Global chat are not available on most servers.

How to leave the server.

1. Press Escape to bring up the menu.
  2. Press Abort and then Yes.
  3. Press Escape to bring you back to the lobby.
  4. Press OK on that screen.

From the incredibly useful DayZ Wiki..

http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/A_Beginners_Guide#The_Controls

• Like 1

After sorting out the errr with OA , i dowloaded DayZ Commander, an ran as admin, and cae u with list of 4000 severs. I try to join a public one andit gives me an error saying 'There was an error loading ArmA 2 ith dayz.

Details: The system cannot fnd he files specified.

I hae dowloadedand ran both arma 2 an OA t th main menu, so what is the prblem?

are the path locations to the game correct in settings

On dAYz commaer, there is a lit of like 0 different ayz mods to update, and ten just DayZ. D i need to install ALL of these?

I've told you twice already + I have sent you a PM.

Do not make a Topic for every question that pops into your head.

Keep your questions in this Thread.

I advise you to learn how to use the Search function.

SEARCH or lôôk through the Forums.

I will not tell you again.

YOU HAD MY BROTHER ALL THIS TIME!!!!