Scian42

Tv screen to play Dayz

So i was wondering if I could hook up my pc to my 60 inch tv screen.. My graphics card has an hdmi output and I have the cable I'm just wondering if the performance or quality would go down. Is it stupid or pointless to do or will it be fun for dayz?

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

I use my 42in plasma, and let me tell yah, its Awesome! Kinda hard to fit on a desk though xD When i switched i honestly didnt realize a performance drop while playing DayZ, it was just a lot bigger.

So i was wondering if I could hook up my pc to my 60 inch tv screen..

I'm just wondering if the performance or quality would go down.

It doesn't matter if the screen is 96" or 19"... 1920 x 1080 is still the same resolution. Going with a larger screen doesn't require more processing power because all you're doing is "stretching out" the picture, not adding pixels.

It doesn't matter if the screen is 96" or 19"... 1920 x 1080 is still the same resolution. Going with a larger screen doesn't require more processing power because all you're doing is "stretching out" the picture, not adding pixels.

For that reason, HUGE tvs will not be as good quality as average.

Huh, weird. Whenever I tried to hook up my old laptop I used to have, I noticed an Fps drop in every game.

Size doesn't matter. But Resolution does infact!

if you have a 34 inch 720 p screen, and you get 60 FPS, you'll get on a 34inch 1080p screen like 30. I got a 84CM TV so.

Huh, weird. Whenever I tried to hook up my old laptop I used to have, I noticed an Fps drop in every game.

If you have a shit graphics card(like I did in my laptop). Using a TV is not good for you.

For that reason, HUGE tvs will not be as good quality as average.

Yep, this is correct.

Of course, that's what AA is for. The larger you try to "stretch out" the picture, the more AA will help to smooth out the jagged edges. But naturally by cranking up the AA more, now you are putting stress on your gpu. Using AA, you will have a fps drop.

Then again, it's also going to depend on how close you plan on sitting in front of your hdtv. If you're back far enough then the pixelation isn't as noticeable so you could get away with leaving the AA turned down. In the end, it's all going to depend on the user and what he's / she's happy with.

If you have a shit graphics card(like I did in my laptop). Using a TV is not good for you.

That explains it. Good thing I've got a desktop.