Sign in to follow this  
specterm

Messages in tents.

I know its a bit taken from warz, but I think the note thing they have is pretty sweet. I think it would be better utilized if we could use Notes to Identify belongings. Think of it. You could have pencils(tool) added to the loot table. then you could have paper found in residential areas. You could use the same animation as making a fire and all it would do is make a note saying some basic things. Maybe person who made it the note, and date and time. Then the user could place the note in the tents and ppl would have the ability to view it.

I cant tell you how many times guys in my clan will find my tents. loot its belongings, then drop everything on the ground. Steel my vehicles and later on say.. Oh crap! that was yours!

I dont want to give out the locations of my stuff. But if someone should stumble accross it they should know whos it is.

OR.. on another note. It sure would be nice if we could have tents exit as we exit. :) Maybe a dream.

Edited by specterm

I think the main thing with tents right now is that they don't fit their purpose.

Just like vehicles, they can be easily spotted from a distance and cannot be hidden from birds-eye-view.

I really hope this is something that will change, maybe add camouflage.

Many text or broswer based games allow users to add messages to walls or scenery with spray paint cans. I think that would be a cool idea, plus maybe having dry-erase boards or scraps of paper to leave notes.

Putting messages in the environment seems like a very basic thing to add that would really enhance the sense of immersion.

Thanks for the support on the idea.

Its true google. As soon as one helicopter gets in the air, everyone might as well kiss their camps good bye. We have limited our server to 1 helicopter and chopper operators are NOT allowed to loot and destroy bases because of the ability to see so clearly when in the air.

I also hope this changes.

IIRC the notepad idea was taken from this very forum by the otherZ devs.

Don't quote me on that, I heard it through the grapevine.

As for tents being found. I've always thought there should be some reduction in render-distance, to simulate camouflage.

I'm sure everyone has noticed that camo doesn't really have the same effect in CGI as it does out in the woods.

I think fading out would compensate a bit for the fact that camo does nothing to prevent tents from sticking out like a sore thumb.

Once in a while when I find a tent near my own camps, I think of Taliban night letters.

I'd love to place a note with my name, with a suggestion about a no loot each others' camp truce.