brandokid25

How long have you survived?

How long have you been surviving and thriving in Chernarus? I have survived for up to a week alone. My Character is still alive as of now.(Wish I could keep playing but waiting to get parts for new PC) . So tell me how long you've survived, if you have any interesting stories to go along with your survival, feel free to tell em'!

Edited by brandokid25

I think I got about 30 days once. My character is still alive, actually. I just haven't played in a while. I got a head start thanks to some dead survivors that were happy to donate their gear.

Question like this would actually be suited for a poll.

Longest I have ever survived was back in the beginning.

17 days and 785ish zombie kills.

Question like this would actually be suited for a poll.

Longest I have ever survived was back in the beginning.

17 days and 785ish zombie kills.

Quite the zombie slayer I would say! I've only killed 2-3 with a hatchet. Now I got a M1911 and an 1866.

I think I got about 30 days once. My character is still alive, actually. I just haven't played in a while. I got a head start thanks to some dead survivors that were happy to donate their gear.

That's a good way to start out!

• Like 1

That's a good way to start out!

It was a hacker trap actually. There were six dead bodies next to a hack box and boat. I looted the bodies, but left the hack box alone. Then the entire server got teleported. But fortunately, seeing all the dead bodies had put me on edge so I was able to log out.Im now kickin' it with NVG's, FN FAL, M4, G17, rangefider, large Coyote backpack, and pretty much everything else.

Edited by colekern
  • Like 1

Quite the zombie slayer I would say!

Before Dayz became nonstop coast DM I used so see people with 1k, 2k, even 5k zombie kills. too bad really, hoping SA will bringout team building again.

• Like 3

It was a hacker trap actually. There were six dead bodies next to a hack box and boat. I looted the bodies, but left the hack box alone. Then the entire server got teleported. But fortunately, seeing all the dead bodies had put me on edge so I was able to log out.Im now kickin' it with NVG's, FN FAL, M4, G17, rangefider, large Coyote backpack, and pretty much everything else.

Wow. I wouldn't wanna mess with you. :P

A fair question, but number of days by itself means nothing, because it keeps incrementing even if you don't play, and it doesn't take into account any difference in danger between high and low population servers, or play-style (scavenger/survivor versus PvP).

I had a 40 day survival character representing 60 hours in-game on a server with 5-20 players (which got killed by a pine when trying to access a tent BTW >:( ). Whereas someone else may have a 10 day character, but which represents 80 hours in-game on a server with 45+ players with mostly aggressive PvP style.

I hope the stand alone has better stats and a points algorithm which allows for more meaningful player comparisons and/or achievements.

• Like 5

A fair question, but number of days by itself means nothing, because it keeps incrementing even if you don't play, and it doesn't take into account any difference in danger between high and low population servers, or play-style (scavenger/survivor versus PvP).

I had a 40 day survival character representing 60 hours in-game on a server with 5-20 players (which got killed by a pine when trying to access a tent BTW >:( ). Whereas someone else may have a 10 day character, but which represents 80 hours in-game on a server with 45+ players with mostly aggressive PvP style.

I hope the stand alone has better stats and a points algorithm which allows for more meaningful player comparisons and/or achievements.

Well said!

I average somewhere between 20-30 days, at which time I generally do something stupid like drop a grenade at my feet, or go afk and come back to a corpse.

• Like 2

I was on day 85 or 86, I think, when the official public hive died and I lost my character. :(

Some might say 10 days on a high PvP server is better than a long life trying to stay alive but I say that's a matter of personal choice. To me the game is stay alive, not be a fool who gets shot repeatedly.

Edited by Sula
  • Like 4

I was on day 85 or 86, I think, when the official public hive died and I lost my character. :(

Some might say 10 days on a high PvP server is better than a long life trying to stay alive but I say that's a matter of personal choice. To me the game is stay alive, not be a fool who gets shot repeatedly.

Wow 86 days. You sir, are a survivor legend.

• Like 1

I average somewhere between 20-30 days, at which time I generally do something stupid like drop a grenade at my feet, or go afk and come back to a corpse.

Lol nice story. Take some beans sir!

Sula is pretty legendary, but there was one who's name escapes me survived for 126 days.

Sula is pretty legendary, but there was one who's name escapes me survived for 126 days.

Amazing, 126 days. That is a looooong time. That person had to be well equipped.

Sula is pretty legendary, but there was one person, who's name escapes me, that survived for 126 days.

Lol. I survived for a full 24 hours and that ended yesterday (started playing Thursday). I drove up onto the airfield with an offroad on a server with like 5 people (my base was on this server and I just happened to play later than most) then some a-hole killed me while I was getting wheels for my offroad from the airfield warehouse/shed thing. I know a guy who knows this guy (sounds fishy right) who knows where the offroad/his base is as he got a lift from the same dude today. So I'm going to metagame and go on a raid of axe murdering vengeance I'm going to stalk him first and prime his fear for a juicy and wonderful show which will end in me savoring his despair as he begs for his life and makes futile promises at giving back my stuff. Then, after I finish turning his face into a new bandit mask, I'm going to run over his tent and destroy all his crap. Will post my eventual success later.

Edited by Tigerbeetweenie
  • Like 1

i disagree with having to be well equipped to survive i had about 100 hours surviving using Winchester even though i could of changed it multiple times its just the best zombie killing gun (had about 500 zombie kills) and ammo every where as well as having matches,knife, hatchet to cook food

• Like 1

You may not believe me, but my current life is 147 days. I've been mostly Lone Wolfing it and living off the land, so to speak.

*edit: here I uploaded the image to imgur. http://i.imgur.com/HOXNc.jpg

Edited by HeinrichM
  • Like 3

Lol. I survived for a full 24 hours and that ended yesterday (started playing Thursday). I drove up onto the airfield with an offroad on a server with like 5 people (my base was on this server and I just happened to play later than most) then some a-hole killed me while I was getting wheels for my offroad from the airfield warehouse/shed thing. I know a guy who knows this guy (sounds fishy right) who knows where the offroad/his base is as he got a lift from the same dude today. So I'm going to metagame and go on a raid of axe murdering vengeance I'm going to stalk him first and prime his fear for a juicy and wonderful show which will end in me savoring his despair as he begs for his life and makes futile promises at giving back my stuff. Then, after I finish turning his face into a new bandit mask, I'm going to run over his tent and destroy all his crap. Will post my eventual success later.

Good luck! I hope you seek your revenge

You may not believe me, but my current life is 147 days. I've been mostly Lone Wolfing it and living off the land, so to speak.

*edit: here I uploaded the image to imgur. http://i.imgur.com/HOXNc.jpg

Lone wolf is the way to go! Beans for that!. Oh and thats a long time. Nice survival!

• Like 1

i disagree with having to be well equipped to survive i had about 100 hours surviving using Winchester even though i could of changed it multiple times its just the best zombie killing gun (had about 500 zombie kills) and ammo every where as well as having matches,knife, hatchet to cook food

Yup the Winchester is a popular choice among survivors! Hope you survive the infection. Good luck comrade.Take some beans while your at it.

• Like 1

Lone wolf is the way to go! Beans for that!. Oh and thats a long time. Nice survival!

Thank You