Sign in to follow this  
Rumbolt

Is this good for my first day playing DayZ?

Forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong section. I just started playing DayZ today. When my friends reccomended me the game, they said to not expect to live for long. They were right, as I died twice (fighting zombies with a hatchet is not good.) They also said guns were very hard to find.

On my third run (about 3 hours into DayZ) I found a Lee Enfield and then found an M16A2 with 3 clips. Is this decent for my first time playing DayZ?

• Like 1

It is a very good start! I remember my first day :P

Lee enfields are dinner bells for zombies tho .. one shot and half the map is after you :lol:

Well...not to burst your bubble, but the Lee Enfield and the M16A2 are actually pretty common (at least I find them often). Keep playing and put in days worth of actual playtime on 1 character and you will find much more gear (BETTER GEAR). And don't get too discouraged either. Although 3 hours of staying alive is nice, 3 dayz or more is nicer. Keep hunting and searching and you will know when you're doing well.

Well...not to burst your bubble, but the Lee Enfield and the M16A2 are actually pretty common (at least I find them often). Keep playing and put in days worth of actual playtime on 1 character and you will find much more gear (BETTER GEAR). And don't get too discouraged either. Although 3 hours of staying alive is nice, 3 dayz or more is nicer. Keep hunting and searching and you will know when you're doing well.

Thank you. Like I said, first time playing is today... I haven't fired the Lee Enfield because I know it's loud from watching videos. I figured I would hold onto the M16A2 over the enfield because it has more ammo and I find it to be better in every aspect.

No worries Rum, you definitely haven't done horrible. My first time..... HAHAHAHAHA I couldn't get off the coast for anything. So keep it up and just enjoy it.

When you get to the point that you are scared to move around in fear of being shot and losing your gear..you will know that you have some descent shit. Trust me, that feeling along with much more will arise. As you have found i'm sure, this game is intense and can even be stressful at times.

Edited by SyndicateFaction

You did a lot better than me.

Logged in first time.

Pitch black.

Raining cats and dogs.

After 5 minutes standing completely lost on the beach, not knowing what to do, got shot and killed.

Logged off, went to bed.

• Like 2

You did a lot better than me.

Logged in first time.

Pitch black.

Raining cats and dogs.

After 5 minutes standing completely lost on the beach, not knowing what to do, got shot and killed.

Logged off, went to bed.

This sounds eerie similar to my first journey... and we had no hatchet what so ever!!

They also said guns were very hard to find.

That's rubbish. if you know the map, you should have found a gun within 10 minutes. Which is just as well, because of the pvp balancing.

"Hatchet Reloaded" vs. gun is no fun.

Good start with Lee Enfield and M16A2. gz

better than me, followed the advice from a terrible how to vid, ran straight through the forest and kept running for 30 minutes or so, found a smoke grenade in a factory, accidently threw it, at that point, seeing zombies nearly terrifyed me, didnt know they could open doors and i hid in a 1 enterance shed near a factory and a crawler opened the door, i almost crapped myself. Left the factory with 3-4 zeds on my tail eventually made it to a barn (didnt know it at the time) found my first hatchet, walked off the stairs (didn't do as much research as I ought to've i broke my leg and bled out,

at least i didnt die of dehydration like i had been betting on for the past 20 minutes

• Like 1

That's rubbish. if you know the map, you should have found a gun within 10 minutes.

Finding a gun is easy, finding one like and m4a1 cco or other variants is still a hard task without visiting high pvp zones. Edited by burritoman259
  • Like 1

Forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong section. I just started playing DayZ today. When my friends reccomended me the game, they said to not expect to live for long. They were right, as I died twice (fighting zombies with a hatchet is not good.) They also said guns were very hard to find.

On my third run (about 3 hours into DayZ) I found a Lee Enfield and then found an M16A2 with 3 clips. Is this decent for my first time playing DayZ?

The hatchet is great for killing zombies, they don't hear you kill the other zombies and it is a one hit kill, plus it has 10,000 shots. lol

Hey I'm new at this game too.. Wanna start a lil group?