lukis

Your story!

Imagine:

Its late noon and you are wandering around at forest of Chernarus wastelands when you notice a player near you running far west side, you are fully armed and ready to make a kill and you go for it!

One shoot and player drops dead and cold in grassy area, you slowly are moving to corpses being aware that there isn't anyone around or someone did not hear your shoot which made cold your fellow survivor.

Fast you approached his corpeses and took everything he had with quick look what is worth taking with you.

Night was already on its way that's why you decided to create a camp in woods and get some rest. By camp fire you started to look on your stuff which you looted today, to decide what to keep and what not to keep. You notice small leather book, you pick it up and open, first page "Dairy Of Martins", you notice this name cause it was same guy you killed few hours ago in a woods, it should be his dairy, you open second page and there is list of every single person name which this dairy owner been killed in past, you turn over to next page, there is his personal notes, it tops up whole his story of wastelandAfter while of reading his dairy you close it up and throw it into your camp fire.

Night is long and you don't have anything better to do so you open your own note book and write in there what interesting happenedwith you today, you notice that at your kills page already appears name "Martins" as your latest kill.

Ok enough of imagining, I hope that I made clear what I mean here.

Every player should have item whenever they spawn - "Dairy" or just "Note book", which lists up all your kills meanwhile you are wandering around of DayZ wastelands, maybe it could save kill/death list whenever you respawn after death so it isn't always blank book.

There should be a personal notes section which you can edit and make some notes or write in some locations, maybe you can encode it only so you can read it.

Or you just wan't to tell everyone(well anyone who kills you and loot your corpses) your personal story and/or experience if you want to.

Willing to have a story or make some point of wastelands? Why not to create it yourself as you see it?

Edited by Martins
  • Like 9

Hello there

If the notes were computer generated based on your actions/locations/time of day etc then this would be fun as you could track a deceased players legacy and not what they did and where they found what.

If it were left to the players, the majority would just be ascii penis' and manga pics.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 4

Well seems like I did not make clear my idea, part of it as kill/death list should be a computer generated, but there should be a section of it where player can edit it and write whatever he wants as notes page by page.

• Like 3

Hello there

If the notes were computer generated based on your actions/locations/time of day etc then this would be fun as you could track a deceased players legacy and not what they did and where they found what.

If it were left to the players, the majority would just be ascii penis' and manga pics.

Rgds

LoK

I would be willing to pick up 100 Penis riddled notes for one good story. if players want to be that immature let them. It will make the stories that much better when you get to them.

I think it should all be computer Generated but lioke you said you can edit it. Like 10:34, player walked for 1 hour. 11:34 Player wen't prone for 2 minutes, 11:36 player crouched and looted for 5 minutes. Etc. THen you can go in and change the narrative to 1034. Today has been a long day, I started it off by walking for an hour. I then saw a car heading towards me so I ducked down in the nearest bush. It was 3 bandits and they didn't look very friendly. One had an AS50 another... Etc. I think that would be awesome :D It would really let those players who love to write stories (myself included) really have another aspect to this game. And really makes me want to be more cautious to write a better and better story. If only you could save it when you die as a TXT file. If you could do that I would never play another game.

Of course you need the option to view anothers player not on the dead body, an option to pick it up and save it for later, and then one last one to save it to your PC as a TXT file to share on the Forums and see who's it was :P

Edited by Bladez 0f Fury
  • Like 4

Depends, each person is different, I would like that... It would also protect the player himself mentally from going nuts if he didnt have any social interaction.(Only imaginative not like a real sickness just for the survivalish aspect)

Support!

• Like 2

Yeah I was talking to my friend about this idea never posted it tho well you have my beans and my support.

• Like 1

Computer generated logs, a typical diary for a beginner who start in Cherno:

Day 1:

1st entry: Morning. I woke up at the beach. I was on a ship before we found that damm infected on board! I'm not risking my life with infested! I grab my pack and jump into the sea, and here I am.

2nd entry: late morning: I am now in... Cherno?, that damm thing is hard to read! The town is full of infested! I manage to get myself a hatchet though!

3rd entry: late morning: A Macarov! How lucky, I found it in this red brick house in Cherno. Now I have some thing to defend myself!

4th entry: late morning: Ah! food! my first can of beans in this forsaken land. I found it in the supermarket in Cherno.

5th entry: late morning: Ah! drinks! my first can of sodas in this forsaken land. I found it in the supermarket in Cherno.

6th entry: late morning: I found a map in Cherno supermarket! How lucky!

7th entry: late morning: So thirsty, I still have my soda though!

8th entry: late morning: Ahh! That better. I drank my soda, but now I'm out of any drinks!

9th entry: late morning: A gun shot! I'm in Cherno supermarket when I heard a gun shot! Its sound like a big rifle from faraway.

10th entry: noon: I got shot by some long range rifle in Cherno supermarket, I managed to bandage myself and hide... for now.

... end of diary...

... Total days recorded: 1 ...

Edited by BLKCandy
  • Like 4

Woah guys!

BLKCandy, it might be scenery of Day 1, but you don't lose your notes and you can continue your journal after death.

Plus it adds your death to a Kill./ Death list.

Maybe even name by who you got killed?

I bet Day:2 entry would be way better, revenge is sweet as I heard...

Edit: It leaves only a copy of your journal by your corpses.

Edited by Martins

Hello there

My thoughts were more like candy's where although computer generated there would be some "life" to them, simply done by injecting some random but logical phrases in.

I suppose an after edit would be fine for those of us who do like to wax lyrical I just didn't want to leave empty pages for idle hands.

A page of stats is also fine IMHO, but I'd rather work it out myself from the diary.

Still, differences aside a damn fine idea.

Rgds

LoK

As I mentioned before, it could be computer generated, but there could be another part/pages of journal which are blank and player can write in whatever he is willing to write or comment.

• Like 1

We know, we're just *stealing* your idea and "running" with it.

Brainstorming or Blue Sky Thinking, perhaps running it up a flagpole and seeing what bites to confuse some biz speak.

LoK

• Like 1

It just felt that I am not making clear what I am trying to say with lack of my english skills. X[

Main question is, if its even possible with this engine...

Edited by Martins
  • Like 1

Editable computer generated diary is the best. The computer should log every thing in diary based on:

Time of the day(Rough estimate/ actual time if have watch)

What happen (Find item? Replace weapon?)

Player condition before (Health, sickness, thirst, hunger... Example: "Found tires.... I can't eat tires! I once found this hooker who ate tires though! trigger when find any item while starving" (Reference to one of the unintentional hunger game vids)

Player condition after (I eat some steaks and feels a lot better... My arms still hurts like hell though maybe I need some more rest. triggered when ate some steaks/food while not hungry and a few minutes passed, blood not full)

Player inventory (I can't believe it! I found like dozens of sodas! But no food! Not even beans!, triggered when loot many drinks without finding food while starving)

Other flag (First found?, Spare tools?, Just thrown the same type of item away?, etc.)

Then you can edit the diary, removing thing you don't wan't, add thing you want, etc.

"Guh... I'm starving! I just killed and gutted a cow, now I have raw meats. But I have nothing to cook them with!" (Gutted a cow, Starving, Lack of matches or woods/hatchet)

Edited by BLKCandy
  • Like 3

Seems like this one is dying, next time I'll let it to die...next time...

• Like 1

I do really like this idea. Someone wake up Rocket and tell him about it. (I think he's had too many Brazil Nuts and fallen asleep behind the tree)

L

• Like 1

This still alive? Nice. Seems like people realy want this.

To admeen: Admeen cn u plez pen dis to d stecky notez plz xoxo?

• Like 1

Something that would help this idea, is to make the notes in a "handwritten" font, with no ascii symbols, to cut out the predictable penis' basically lol...

So alls you get is the abilty to write, and not do stupid symbols. This might help cut down on spammy crap?

Also if you could tear pages from the notebook and put them somewhere, like on a tree to add some Slenderman feeling, a wall like in the deepest floors of object A2, something like: Don't go further. Found something bad here(and a body lying next to the note), maybe a "shoot me" note to someone's back. Even better if you could draw on them.

• Like 2