Sign in to follow this  
wolfshagger

First off rant then a few suggestions that I think would just make the game feel more survivalish.

As I said first off rant and I know this isn't the place to do it but if I don't i'll forget, but it really REALLY does my nut in when I see people make daft suggestions like (all of these over-exaggerated, but you get the point): Lets add Tanks into Dayz!!!! TAZERS TO STUN PEEPS! Handcuffs to take down people?!

please can we try to make it as 'basic' as possible, it is the Apocolypse. Anyone agree with me? Everyone must have seen one of these kind of posts. Another one is adding pooping to dayz. *shudders* we want realism, yes, but not THAT much realism.

Rant over.

Anyhoo my suggestions... and a story to explain. When I first tried to sell this game to my best friend I was like... OMG and you skin animals for meat and it gives great health. So he was like 'isn't that hunting then', but i thought about it but it isn't.

My first suggestion: Make animals scared of you. I hate the fact that if you find any animal that isn't a rabbit and you can skip merrily towards it and all they do is practically stare at you with their mouth open before you gun it in the face. You don't see crossbow dude (I love crossbow in game) from walking dead sprint at a deer laugh at it's face and then shoot it with a bolt.

I would like to see some sort of feature where you literally would have to stalk (for example) a boar, hiding in bushes to avoid line of sight, keeping low and crawl to get closer just incase it hears you. Maybe add some sort of smell meter for the animals? I would like to have a person who is in desperate need of blood to get frustrated because he keeps scaring away the wild life. This leads on to my next suggestion.

Second Suggestion: Maybe adding some use for the bear trap or adding some other traps to help aid in hunting animals. HOWEVER I would like to see this idea ingame but I don't want to see a very good zombie survival game turn into deer hunter 2012 soon to be 2013. However I'll leave this suggestion to lie with your minds.

Third Suggestion: I would like to see some sort of character skill trait of some sort. I know Rocket said he didn't want one but hear this one out. I'm not looking for a talent tree... I'm not looking for some over powered - i'll be a soldier class +50 % reload speed + 50% accuracy and that sort of crap.

The problem with dayz is that everyone is the SAME, everyone can operate a .50 cal, to do complex blood transfusion, and with that in mind I feel like a sheep in a field with everyone else. But I would be able to CONNECT more with my avatar if I had some sort of play style that would actually be represented ingame.

E.g.

Athelete - 5% speed increase whilst running, tkaes longer to get out of breath maybe, 15-20 seconds

Medic - 5% healing speed, whatever some sort of healing mechanics are implemented in standalone that healing is more effective (heals more,does more) 5%

Soldier - 5% more accuracy whilst standing up

Mechanic - Maybe can fix cars with less or something along the lines.

Now like I said these figures are examples but what I'm trying to show is that these small example could help people express their true play style. Why do you think people spend time being 'chernarus medics', because they want to be seen as useful and helpful in a team or to the public. Now I understand that not everyone wants this, and yes you could argue that some skills could be void/ useless unless in certain circustances (but that can be changed to help people with that play style to be incorporated into the game without being OP) and that everyone needs to be on an even field, but hey, that just my suggestion to you lovely folks.

Now my final suggestion: (should have been suggestion 3 just because its more relevant to suggestion 1+2) Make wooded areas more foresty, so people can hide more and animals can hide in the wilderness, it just makes for a more suspensed filled cat-and-mouse firefight in the woods instead of hiding behind a tree and seeing through a almost bare wood/forest.

I would love to hear you opinions and maybe suggestions on expanding my suggestions and whether you would like to see any of these ingame or not for standalone.

Peace out people!

Wolfy :lol:

• Like 5

As I said first off rant and I know this isn't the place to do it but if I don't i'll forget, but it really REALLY does my nut in when I see people make daft suggestions like (all of these over-exaggerated, but you get the point): Lets add Tanks into Dayz!!!! TAZERS TO STUN PEEPS! Handcuffs to take down people?!

please can we try to make it as 'basic' as possible, it is the Apocolypse. Anyone agree with me? Everyone must have seen one of these kind of posts. Another one is adding pooping to dayz. *shudders* we want realism, yes, but not THAT much realism.

Rant over.

Anyhoo my suggestions... and a story to explain. When I first tried to sell this game to my best friend I was like... OMG and you skin animals for meat and it gives great health. So he was like 'isn't that hunting then', but i thought about it but it isn't.

My first suggestion: Make animals scared of you. I hate the fact that if you find any animal that isn't a rabbit and you can skip merrily towards it and all they do is practically stare at you with their mouth open before you gun it in the face. You don't see crossbow dude (I love crossbow in game) from walking dead sprint at a deer laugh at it's face and then shoot it with a bolt.

I would like to see some sort of feature where you literally would have to stalk (for example) a boar, hiding in bushes to avoid line of sight, keeping low and crawl to get closer just incase it hears you. Maybe add some sort of smell meter for the animals? I would like to have a person who is in desperate need of blood to get frustrated because he keeps scaring away the wild life. This leads on to my next suggestion.

Second Suggestion: Maybe adding some use for the bear trap or adding some other traps to help aid in hunting animals. HOWEVER I would like to see this idea ingame but I don't want to see a very good zombie survival game turn into deer hunter 2012 soon to be 2013. However I'll leave this suggestion to lie with your minds.

Third Suggestion: I would like to see some sort of character skill trait of some sort. I know Rocket said he didn't want one but hear this one out. I'm not looking for a talent tree... I'm not looking for some over powered - i'll be a soldier class +50 % reload speed + 50% accuracy and that sort of crap.

The problem with dayz is that everyone is the SAME, everyone can operate a .50 cal, to do complex blood transfusion, and with that in mind I feel like a sheep in a field with everyone else. But I would be able to CONNECT more with my avatar if I had some sort of play style that would actually be represented ingame.

E.g.

Athelete - 5% speed increase whilst running, tkaes longer to get out of breath maybe, 15-20 seconds

Medic - 5% healing speed, whatever some sort of healing mechanics are implemented in standalone that healing is more effective (heals more,does more) 5%

Now like I said these figures are examples but what I'm trying to show is that these small example could help people express their true play style. Why do you think people spend time being 'chernarus medics', because they want to be seen as useful and helpful in a team or to the public. Now I understand that not everyone wants this, and yes you could argue that some skills could be void/ useless unless in certain circustances (but that can be changed to help people with that play style to be incorporated into the game without being OP) and that everyone needs to be on an even field, but hey, that just my suggestion to you lovely folks.

Now my final suggestion: (should have been suggestion 3 just because its more relevant to suggestion 1+2) Make wooded areas more foresty, so people can hide more and animals can hide in the wilderness, it just makes for a more suspensed filled cat-and-mouse firefight in the woods instead of hiding behind a tree and seeing through a almost bare wood/forest.

I would love to hear you opinions and maybe suggestions on expanding my suggestions and whether you would like to see any of these ingame or not for standalone.

Peace out people!

Wolfy :lol:

You have my beans in everything except the skill tree.

As the person above said, everything but the skill tree. Its good that way, sheep in a field with more sheep? Welcome to Earth. There are milions of people who are the same, that's why getting a job is probably hard these days.

90% Support

You have my beans in everything except the skill tree.

he said he DIND'T want a skill tree

Regarding your rant theirs no such thing as a bad idea when brainstoring. Ok there is but you get the point. Also, the "jokey" post about poop was actually read by Rocket and got him thinking. In the future we will indeed be pooping, or at least there will be a mechanic that means highly populated areas have increased risk of disease due to human waste.

Anyhoo, soz for that. Back on topic.

Edited by Fraggle

Wait... The poop thingy... Was serious!?!

I though it was a joke?!?

I know "We are going super ultra hyper realistic". But poop!?!

Like I said guys, I don't want a skill tree but i would like a small class trait to help people show their own individual playstyle. I agree that people are pretty much the same nowadays but i feel that if we could do something that adds one thing but takes another aspect for each class, we could make survival harder for each role as they could not do everything like we can now ingame.

But as Ive seen in the past people don't want classes so i suggested a small dumbed down version which gives people the same ingame experience but also allows people their own little creative twist to their avatar.

he said he DIND'T want a skill tree

Let me refrase... I don't really want specific classes.

Second Suggestion:

Third Suggestion: I would like to see some sort of character skill trait of some sort. I know Rocket said he didn't want one but hear this one out. I'm not looking for a talent tree... I'm not looking for some over powered - i'll be a soldier class +50 % reload speed + 50% accuracy and that sort of crap

E.g.

I was liking the suggestions until this comes up, traits are a NO. Adding them makes the game more like a fantasy game with the special abilities.

I am a guy who appreciates the smallest things in the game. I appreciate your feedback guys

traits are a NO. Adding them makes the game more like a fantasy game with the special abilities.

I don't fully understand how this makes it into more of a fantasy game Like I said I want to feel more 'me' when I look at my avatar, instead of bog standard survivor, but I'm not going to ram my opinions down your throat! :D