Tigerr13

DayZ 1.7.1 Discussion - Others will be locked/deleted!

Why the hell the axe can no more harvest wood ??? WTF ???

I hope it is only a joke or a bug !

Soon gun's will only be to make noise or what ?

I realy dont get it!

So Tool are still for repaire... or it's now piperanch attack or so?

After reading about the update, I was very very excited to get home and try it out. I knew that I already had a pack full of ammo, and food, so I didn't think the more sensitive zombies would be an issue, in fact I thought it would be more fun.

Lets just say I was wrong. I started on the new patch with a .45 Revolver with probably about 75 rounds, and a lee infield, also with about 75 rounds. I managed to crouch walk about 40 feet before zombies began spawning right infront of me, and began chasing me. At this point, my frame rate took a dump. I swear, it was like I was trying to play a comic book. Its really REALLY difficult to fight or run away 1 frame at a time.

Anyway, I ran to a store, figuring I had more than enough ammo to fight off the horde near me and continue on my way. I have never been so wrong in my life. 100+ zombies stacked up at the door before I nearly ran out of ammo, and just logged out. They never stopped coming. I was backed into a corner, but they kept spawning near the store, and immediately seeing me through the walls.

Long story short, I effing love this game. I've put over 48 hours into it within the last week or so. But this update has made it completely unplayable for me. Rocket, I love your work, and I do understand this is an alpha and changes will be made, good and bad... Unfortunately, this one is too bad for me to deal with.

So, to the guys I've met and begun traveling with, I'll see you on the next patch. Hopefully the next one will regain my interest.

Comments on 1.7.1.4...(with about 2-3 hours of play time)

I do have to admit, the zombie aggro range (both hearing and sight) is a bit OP right now. But I have been able to sneak by countless zombies with crouch walking, crawling and using LOS properly and I'm not talking 1 or 2 zombies, this is in Cherno 50 player map, 500+ zombies spawned.

Crouch running isn't what it use to be, plain and simple. I think crouch running SHOULD be nerf'd/buff'd just a hair (In the sense of how much sound/sight it produces...which is too much atm). Either that or zombies need to become a little less sensitive. Although, it does seem I'm able to lose zombies much easier than in 1.7.0/1.7.1 if I decide to book it and use fences, houses, pipes, etc. to my advantage.

I finally was forced to make a new guy (lul) and got to encounter the 'no weapon spawn'. With the introduction of melee weapons, I have to say. It's doable and actually very enjoyable, I don't feel like all I have is my dick in my hand while trying to find a gun. By the way...I'm loving the balancing on the axe so far for zombies...it's only encountered one player, it ended in failure due to the AK being shot at me, but hopefully that bastard bled :p

I just pray axe spawns aren't nerf'd (so far I've only found one crow bar). I usually find multiple axes shortly after spawning and is enough to dispatch the one or two zombies I can't shake or back myself into a corner to kill. Guns on the other hand...the only gun I've found thus far has been a Mak that another player has dropped to pick up another pistol (You know those drops, a Mak with 6+ clips around it). But ammo on the other hand...jesus I could start an armory with that.

So far x.4 hasn't been too bad, just the slight balancing issues I mentioned above I think need to be dealt with.

Edit - Got to thinking, the only issue I have with the axe atm is the fact you have to 'reload' it after picking it up or switching to it. I under stand how the axe is probably implemented in the game and I understand the 'reload' factor of it. But I'd like to see if that could be done away with in the future. Not to mention it wasn't explained in patch notes, I stumbled across it myself. Other...less...patient people may not find this and just start ranting "AXE IS BROKE! TOLD YOU ARMA 2 CAN'T DO MELEE" -.-

Why the hell the axe can no more harvest wood ??? WTF ???

I hope it is only a joke or a bug !

Soon gun's will only be to make noise or what ?

I realy dont get it!

So Tool are still for repaire... or it's now piperanch attack or so?

I right clicked my axe in the main weapon slot and I had the option to 'Harvest Wood'. Are you sure your near a tree AND forest? Watch the white 'error text' behind your gear window when you try harvesting.

7.1.1.4 pretty damn fun to me right now

only major flaw is the very silly zombie aggro range and retuning of stealth. very very careful crouch walking and proning are the only ways of safely looting now. zombie aggro needs to be toned down because looting is seriously un-fun right now if you try to be stealth

melee weapons are awesome, sometimes bizzarre (randomly zombies taking 8 hits to die) but it definitely makes you feel a lot less naked when you are just starting out.

@ Xyro

Tks for that. I just not played .4 yet.

I read about it and was afraid to lose my stuf.

If we still can harvest wood. I can deal with that :)

Ok I retract my previous statement about zombie aggro being 'not that bad'...it's absurd. I was crouch WALKING in cherno in 3rd person. I was completely around a corner and a zombie heard/saw me from two blocks away...really?

My sound/audible meters were that of fully speed sprinting while crouch walking on concrete/asphalt. I really don't want to play this until a hot fix comes out, simple building to building looting is impossible at the moment. Guess its off to Star Craft or Diablo for the time being.

I know this will get fixed, just please! Let is be soon! I love DayZ but the way zombie aggro/crouch walking/running is right now, the game is just not fun. I let off one shot with a Mak, inside a building (Btw I like Zombie spawns in buildings, keeps you on your toes) and 10 zombies show up with only 150 on map...please take these zombies off their super sensitive hang over hearing!

@ Xyro

Tks for that. I just not played .4 yet.

I read about it and was afraid to lose my stuf.

If we still can harvest wood. I can deal with that :)

I personally haven't tried to harvest wood with the Axe slot changed. But when I right clicked on it, in my gear bag, the option was still there to harvest. If it's bugged or not is beyond me.

I'd volunteer to check it, but I'm stuck in cherno atm. I'd rather not aggro every zombie in cherno trying to get out or be forced to crawl out of cherno when I don't need to, lol.

The good:

- Hatchets

- Naked spawns drive home "survival" over "zombie themed ffa"

- Better latency it seems

- Getting into servers fast as hell

- I can find food and water again

The bad:

- Gamma tweaking seems possible again

- Crowbar is a flaming pos

- Zombies can cripple and cause bleeding with retarded ease

- Zombies w/dropped agro don't shut the fuck up

- Hatchet and Crowbar melee sounds weird

The ugly:

- "That fucking zombie was 80 yards away, facing away from me and I was crouch walking on grass why the fuck is he pissed"

- My framerate seems to tank indoors

- Still desynching pretty often. Got killed today after warping in front of a window.

Ok I retract my previous statement about zombie aggro being 'not that bad'...it's absurd. I was crouch WALKING in cherno in 3rd person. I was completely around a corner and a zombie heard/saw me from two blocks away...really?

My sound/audible meters were that of fully speed sprinting while crouch walking on concrete/asphalt. I really don't want to play this until a hot fix comes out......

LOL that was the hotfix. hehe

...and another thing: If Zombies are killed in an area, they should not insta spawn back in and most definitely NOT in our line of sight. Nothing kills the mood more than seeing zombies spawn in right in front of your face. There should be some reward for being able to clear an area of zombies....such as a certain amount of time to actually make it worth while.

hi everybody!

im from austria. my native language is german but i will do my best :-)

i start playing dayz 2 weeks ago and was (still do) really impressed about the atmosphere and gameplay. at this time its unusual to make mods/games like this for free since activision is selling dlc`s for mw3 4 maps for about 13 EUR, just one example!! so thanks for this hard awesome job!!!

as an alpha tester everybody knows good things could be changed to bad and revert back to good and so on...

a few things what could or should be changend in my opinion:

since we have no gun at start there should be a way to get one a little bit easier, nearer or something else.

zeds are aggro like zeds should be. but they are to fast a little, to intelligent for a zombie. once they attack you cant hide... don´t know if they should lost your track too?

one of the worst things is the zed´s wayfinding (don´t know how to explain) if they are running towards to me like mosquitos with that speed its to hard to aim and really not zombielike :-)

happy survival!

I don't have a problem with enhanced zombie awareness. I'm patient, and crawling through a town to find loot isn't a problem for me.

Under the old system I would generally crouch walk through towns anyway, a process that takes about as much time as crawling fast. However, the new system forces you to crawl in order to remain undetected. The problems that arise are that entering some buildings will FORCE you to a full stand if you try to go into them while crawling, notably ones set off of the ground a bit. This will instantly aggro every zombie within easily 25 meters. Running only attracts more, and shooting does the same.

I can deal with the heightened senses, to a point. But when crouch walking is renedered almost completely worthless in terms of avoiding zombies, which is something that has caused my death on a couple of occasions I think its gone too far. I think the solution is to buff the crouched walk, as opposed to nerfing the hearing or vision of the zombies.

I have to agree with the players that say that the aggro lvl is too high! We are a group of people in Sweden that runs a Internet Game Center and the game raised trough the roof last week when we talken about it and played it. But after the latest patch with the zombie aggro lvl increased, and that they can see you across the entire map :P they dont play it anymore.

Went to the NWAF yesterday... got like 50+ zombies after me and after i killed em it spawned 50+ just on top of me... That´s not fun at all!

Want my DayZ back....

since 1.7 i have not had fun anymore(i assume once u have weapons the game is almost the same as before just with more broken zombies,but till u have a weapon its not fun at all)

i spent several lives just trying to get some loot.i sneak to the nearest buildings(crawling)first 2 times i agro a zombie and have to spend several minutes running in forest just to rid myself of the zombie(2nd time after like 5 min of running with neither me nor the zombie gaining ground i was so bored i stopped and let the zombie kill me)3the time i was able to sneak into a building only to find out that zombies now spawn inside buildings(this has to be a joke,i need to loot buildings,i have no starting wpeaon but zombies do spawn in buildings making it so i cant raid the fing buildings)so i run to a nearby military building,i figured ill find a weapon there and be able to fight em off.all i found in this military tower was a dozen or so zombies...i have never seen so many zombies just hanging out in buildings.

realism is all nice and well,but this is supposed to be a game,and constantly getting attacked by enemys without any way to defend urself is not a fun game.

also tactics have changed drasticly,this no gun was supposed to increase stealth usage but it has had the opposite effect,people dont one bit about their char anymore till they get a gun,sneaking doesnt work cause of crazy zombie agro so people just run around like maniacs agrosing a whole town and then fleeing in a barn and losing the agro(it seems that the people who play this way now are the same people who wanted no gun cause its realistic...their new playstyle of agroing a whole town and losing it by goin through a barn or house is whats not realistic)

1.7 added alot of new stuff,sadly all of it seems to be broken.los doesnt work well(maybe it does with buildings,it sure doesnt with forest.zombies still seem to know xactly where i am even if i somehow put half a mountain between us)spawnrates have to be broken or i am very unlucky cause i have no seen a gun lying around since 1.7 sneaking is no longer an effective option.

also,honestly the zombies may be the worst thing about this mod.they look sort of oke(skins could use some more color and alot more variation),but none of their behavior or animations r even close to acceptable.the way they run behind u then stop to hit,miss cause ur no longer there and then almost teleport to back behind u.the way they slow down to a crawl in buildings(i think this should happen on stairs),the way they always seem to know where u are.when someone complains alot of people bring up just go back to left 4 dead...but theres a reason im complaining about these zombies and the left for dead ones...the left for dead ones worked great,they felt how a zombie should feel(and no i dont want spitters and boomers,... in this game).just that,the horde is comming down on me feeling of l4d would be nice,the zombies here dont behave like zombies one bit.take for example the horrible strafing the zombies do when they are close....no zombie would ever strafe a zombie has no concept of dodging bullets,he will take the most direct route towards u(straight line)zombies should be dangerous because they are relentless and because they come down in hordes.in this game 1 zombie has become very dangerous(specialy since no starting weapon),normaly ur not supposed to die cause the zombie dodged ur bullets in little bursts of inhuman speed then succeeded to break ur bones with 1hit,but because the zombies pour in with 2 dozen of them and u cant shoot them as fast as they decend upon uand they drag u down under with sheer weight of numbers.these dayz zombies are relentless at the moments where they should bugger off(following u throu!gh forest for the last 10 minutes while making the exact same scream constantly,they wont catch u nor will u lose them.i rly wonder if anyone enjoys this stalemate of running up and down hills)and then when they should be relentless(when u go into a barn and make a stand,thats when they come stumbling towards u and act ina way that makes it hard not to lose them)

Zombie changes are ridiculous. Crouch running? Might as well be firing off an einfield while standing on top of a flare. This patch seems to be causing more problems then its solves. Makarov heroing wasn't nearly as problematic as unarmed nothing to lose players running through the streets of Cherno and Electro with reckless abandon outright ignoring the zombies. People are actually using less stealth now then before. Stealth has become a waste of time and effort, especially since you'll most likely get spotted by a zombie when you try to prone into a building only to be stood up and instantly "spotted" by a zombie 50 meters away and out of LoS. So with stealth being useless you have to fight your way through the zombies . . . j/k they respawned before you could kill half of them and now you're running out of ammo.

For those who have .4

Was having axe before...

What hapen ?

Your axe is no more in tool slot ?

The axe move to witch slot ? new one ?

Cause all my slot are full.

Maybe i should make room before .4

?

Zombie changes are ridiculous. Crouch running? Might as well be firing off an einfield while standing on top of a flare. This patch seems to be causing more problems then its solves. Makarov heroing wasn't nearly as problematic as unarmed nothing to lose players running through the streets of Cherno and Electro with reckless abandon outright ignoring the zombies. People are actually using less stealth now then before. Stealth has become a waste of time and effort' date=' especially since you'll most likely get spotted by a zombie when you try to prone into a building only to be stood up and instantly "spotted" by a zombie 50 meters away and out of LoS. So with stealth being useless you have to fight your way through the zombies . . . j/k they respawned before you could kill half of them and now you're running out of ammo.

[/quote']

Totaly agree!!!!

Ok, so having played some more .1.4...

I really think I'll have to reserve judgement until .1.5

Zombie aggro is off the charts. They see through everything, and aggro no matter where you are or what obstacles are between you. Looks like this is a bug and is addressed in .1.5

Starting with no weapon is still a downer and I've yet to find ANY firearm other than an unloaded Makarov. I did find a hatchet. There were three of them in the same room. That was it though.

But survival is still impossible for me. Zombie aggro causes any pretense of trying to be stealthy to go right out the window. As soon as the first zed sees you, you can't fight him off so you just gotta run and try to lose him. Trees don't work so you gotta rely on the buildings slowdown. This causes you to build up a long train of zeds following you. If you can't find a building with two doors, you gotta forfeit any loot you find on the way, just gotta keep running.

On top of that, the train can get so long that you can't even lose the zeds in a building like you're "supposed to" (?) - running out the other side, the zeds that hadn't gotten to the first door just change direction and continue to chase.

And on top of THAT, I've noticed that many of the zombies run full speed inside buildings now. Which means that as-is, there is NO WAY to lose some zombies, and unless you happen across a loaded weapon, you will die. Period. And since you will always aggro zombies no matter what, you will die. Anywhere that spawns loot also spawns zombies, and since they can see you from everywhere, the game just became literally impossible to play.

BUT... as I said, a lot of this may become moot when the bug is fixed.

Outside of that, here are some musings as I've had time to digest my recent play experiences:

1) The hatchet implementation is weird.

* I couldn't use it until I reloaded it, and saw that it had 10k ammos of some kind. Made me cock an eyebrow and shrug.

* Wasn't ever really sure how to aim it either.. there's a fixed reticle in the middle of the screen, but there's also a second one that rapidly spins around based on mouse movement. Which one is the one you use?

* Not entirely sure how it swings or connects or what kind of range it has. The animation stutters quite a bit, the game gets laggy, I take damage, the zombie dies after some amount of time with unknown number of swings or where the strike occurred, at what range, etc. Its like.. mash buttons, hope for the best when you come back from lag-lock.

2) Zombie pan-aggro issue aside, I think a big part of the unplayability many people seem to be facing relates to too many things being changed at once.

In the same patch (or couple patches a day apart?), not only did spawning survivors lose their only means of killing a zombie, the zombies also became extremely more powerful, doing well over 1k damage per punch. They break bones with regularity, chase you forever, you can't bandage since they're still beating on you, you can't kill them because you have no weapon... there's literally nothing to do but die unless you happen to luck out and find either a hatchet or a weapon and the correct type of ammo. I've found countless AK and AR mags, and only a single unloaded Makarov.

Spawned survivors should either start with a hatchet or crowbar, or convert flashlight to MAG-Light and turn it into a melee weapon. I'm hoping that fixing the aggro problems will make avoiding them possible again.

3) There really needs to be a way to "step lightly".

Even when crouch walking, you still CLOMP CLOMP CLOMP slam down your feet with as much force as possible. I don't care what kind of shoe you're wearing, if it has a rubber sole you can make it quiet. Maybe not on gravel or over the forest ground, but certainly on a metal platform.

I sure has hell would walk as carefully as I could, walking with carefully measured steps to make as little noise as possible if there were a zombie on the other side of a wall. I can't be sure if its the vision bug or the noise level (also being fixed in .1.5), but I aggro'ed everything near a small warehouse last night, just by crouch walking up a set of stairs. One of them teleported through a closed door and sprinted right up to me.

4) Is it intended or a bug that zombies can run full speed inside buildings now? Are they only forced to walk inside the smaller "house" type structures?

5) Weapon spawns need a drastic increase.

I've literally seen one pistol since the patch. People who claim "oh yeah, shit's everywhere!", well.. either I have the worst luck in existence, or they're straight-up liars. I've checked airstrip hangars, houses, air traffic control tower, warehouses, barns, rooftops, nothing but that one unloaded Makarov.

6) Even if the zombie aggro bugs are fixed, the game still seems way too slow.

This is a direct result of spawning with no defense, zombies that kill you if you're spotted before finding a weapon, and needing to crawl everywhere to not be spotted.

Some people are into this kind of realism simulator. Good for them, I guess. To me, when a game starts feeling like a chore and not a game, it stops being fun.

SO.. guess I wait for the next patch and see how it goes!

So, I'm crying by saying that I really don't see how this update is great when zombies agro me some 50 yards away, through a barn, while I lay prone. While you first see two or three zed, as soon as you are agro'ed within seconds you have about a dozen zed on you and you have not fired a shot. As I started clear those zed with a silenced weapon, more zed started spawning within 30m. And were spawning agro. This wouldn't be a bad thing, if the zed didn't glitch strafe while coming at me. And how is it that the dead run faster than the living? George A. Romero never portrayed zed as having great speed and capability, it was always the horde that trap you in a shitty place, and that's where you died. You were not chased down by an athlete to have your brains eaten. In most all zombie movies, people die when they make a mistake, again, not because some zombies were track stars before they died. And in DayZ 1.7.1 all of the zed are reanimated Track & Field stars!

Is this going to be a simulator?

The ax broke the game. Should only deliver 70% damage to receiver actual hit points unless head shot.

Thanks for your time Rocket,

Old Man Mark

Played 1.7.1.5 today - zombie detection was waaaaaaaaaaay better.

I'm happy I read what Rocket was saying that it was wrong in .4 and reserved judgement until now. Combined with LoS, and Zombies actually acting like Zombies, I really feel like I'm on the edge of my seat every time I go into town.

Combined with actually using cans/bottles to distract them, it makes me really happy for some reason (even though I'm tricking something way dumber than me). I'm pretty impressed with the AI now: it seems when I crouch run a little too long too close to a zombie, they start heading over to my location - slowly. You have to get the hell out of there without freaking out and running and you're fine, but it's still intense.

Makes starting with nothing but painkillers and a bandage a lot less impossible, and actually a little fun.

Zombies still have superpowers. Attacking through walls, super senses. They crawl, hop, and stagger around, but suddenly become sprinters with the kung fu skill and dexerity to break your bones with one hit when they spot you. Blunt traumas, fine. Face chewing, fine. My leg is suddenly broken? Highly unlikely.

Zombies can beat you to death in mere seconds, and you aren't even allowed to hit back, shove them, etc. Call me a weakling if it helps you get your bro on, but if this is realism, then I'm Tom Cruise. If zombies were real, would you just stand there and take it like a man? I doubt it.

DayZ started out as a stealth game, which was fun. Now it's an e-peen comparison simulator. GG

I've been playing 1.7.+ for a while now, this is just my impression of the starting gear change:

The only hard part of this game atm is starting a new character. Once you get your first weapon and a decent amount of ammo/supplies, the difficulty flatlines. Doesn't get any more difficult, but doesn't get any easier either.

Yeah, new characters aren't out killing eachother on the beach, but only because they literally cant kill anything.

The only thing this patch really did was kill new players from entering the game. The entery level difficulty is way too high. I have no problem adapting to this, and players that played before should have no problem adapting to this. It is the players comming into the community that suffer.

The two most common responce I see to this previous statement are:

-Derp we dont want casuals mucking up our community.

or

-Derp bet you loved those makaroni knights/bean wars down by the coast.

For one, DayZ isn't "hardcore" in the slightest (kinda imposible since it is still in development anyway). It is a very in-depth game, but not hardcore. The only hardcore aspect is perma death. That's it. You log in, scout for new weapons/supplies, avoid death, log off. Hardcore games require you to dedicate a lot of time and effort into achieving a goal. You could literally play DayZ for 15 minutes a day and enjoy the game just as much as someone who plays for 3 hours. This may change later in the design phase, but atm, this mod is VERY casual friendly. There is no endgame, there is no goal other than survive. You can beat the average survival time by walking 50 yards into the forest, proning in a bush and going afk. You'd eventually die of dehydration, but you'd last longer than the 33 minute average.

As for the makaroni knights and bean wars by the coast, these usually have 3 things in common. Players involved are noobs, given an abundance of supplies and ammo, and have no clue what to do.

Noobs just starting out quickly realize they are playing a sandbox game set in a zombie apocalypse, free to do whatever they want. Starting with all these supplies, what would any player do? Use them of course. The most abundant supply they were given to use? ammo. 6 magazines, 48 rounds. It is their cheapest resource, practically free to spend. You could waste 3 magazines, half your ammo, 24 rounds to kill another player, and that player could do the same and the winner would come out even in ammo, but with excess beans, bandages and other supplies. It was more time and resource efficient to kill other players for more supplies than to learn to stealth/scavenge, thus, the makaroni knight. The trigger happy, nothing-to-lose noob. For these players, dying usually meant getting more supplies than they had when they were alive.

Additionally, experienced players could camp these noobs since they are like walking piñatas. Crack them open, take their beans/morphine/painkillers/bandages/ammo and you are good. No need to venture further into the world to get rare essentials.

The whole arguement for killing off starting weapons and gear was to make starting players more pacified, willing to work together. Though, one could argue that, by giving these players all these supplies, they would have no reason to kill eachother cause there is nothing they would need. This obviously was not the case.

What I've encountered is that newbs, (new players) and the noobs, (makaroni knights), both usually get frustrated and stop playing. Yes, there are more people willing to team up, but these groups consist usually of experienced players who know what they are doing. Occasionally newbs will tag along with a group of experienced players / other newbs, and occasionally a makaroni knight will graduate into an experience player, but again, players trying to learn the game are just having a harder time doing so. It can take an experienced player several lives to get their starting weapon, with prior knowledge of the game. A new player, even one who is acquainted with the arma 2 controls/inventory wont have the slightest clue where to start.

Ultimately why the bean wars and makaroni knights? Starting characters had plenty of supplies. There was no such thing as wasting ammo, no need to scavenge for food/water and gear. You could shoot anything that moves and not feel the consequence of doing so, or if you needed any type of supply (morphine, painkillers, food, water), just camp the beach for a little and you are set.

In my opinion, if you want players working together, not butchering eachother or getting farmed by other players right off the bat, you should limit the starting supplies. It has worked, but completely removing them it hurts players still trying to understand and enter the game.

You want to force players to learn to scavenge for supplies. Given it takes an hour of sprinting to dehydrate, and even more to bleed to death from dehydration, removing the starting beans/water is no problem. mechanic wise, having no morphine works since morphine seems to be a rare spawn now, so it wont encourage experience players to camp noobs/newbs for it; however, this will make breaking your leg a death sentence early on. The coyote pack is unnecisary, a smaller one (czech vest?) spawns making itself useless unless a player drops their starting pack, and starting with so few initial supplies, no starting character needs the space. Pain killers aren't necisary since it is a fairly common spawn, and the shakey status effect is more of an annoyance than a death sentence.

imo starting gear should consist of a mak with 1 mag (8 rounds total), a bandaid, and a flashlight/flares. 8 rounds gives starting players something to work with and build from and makes for a less-than-annoying makaroni knight. No point in killing players early on for supplies since scavenging will yield more anyway.

As the game continues to develop i'm sure there are ways to make group play more appealing. For example, things like fixing up cars and heli's are main sources of group interaction. I was playing on a server where someone got the idea to fix up a bus. People helped and they drove to the international airfield as a group to gear up. Me and some friends plan on making a tent city complete with barbed wire and sandbag barricades. As the game continues to develop, there could be more activities that are near impossible to do alone (like fixing a heli) that encourages groups to form. These groups require more than a lone bandit to threat, so even bandit groups can form, attempting to rob the other group of their hard worked whatever.

as for everything else, it is working and I'm enjoying the mod very much. Line of sight is still being worked out, zombies are sometimes blind and sometimes have a sixth sense etc. Just usual alpha is alpha stuff that will be worked out.

performance wise: 1.7.1.5 is a godsend. I use to have to play on a really good server with low population to get fps above 15 (after doing all the posslbe fps tweaks). Now pretty much every server I play is 30+.

Agree with Rawberry

As a new player - Strongly disagree with Rowrin. I was getting pistol killed massively before starters were removed. Even now I get twitchy when I see people with guns out and I shoot them.

Just too expand on this. I learnt how to stealth because other players without weapons were forced to do this. I saw how they did it.

Question for Rowrin:

All this collaboration that you speaks of (fixing buses etc) - How do you do that without in-game chat?