Tigerr13

DayZ 1.7.1 Discussion - Others will be locked/deleted!

agree right now its unplayable as a freshly spawned player

It's not unplayable at all. I hate when people talk like it's a fact or something. New players will die a lot at first.. but they'll get used to it.

The game is like it should be? not beeing able to crawl unspotted thru a town, if you're not spotted someone runs with a zombietrain of 50 and they aggro you, people just run around like retards in cities now and theres dead bodies everywhere and the fps issues just getting worse.

I get it, forcing people to cooperate could work, but there's no real change in challenge, if you want a gun and gank, just run in the city, endure the zombietrain and just run near shore and they will get bugged, or just run up a ladder and you loose aggro..

If this is what DayZ should be like, i will gtfo.

Tl;DR

This game is awesome' date=' I would love for it to be harder, just increase the difficulty properly and not make godlike Reggie Bush zombies who are impossible to shoot until they hit you and still cannot be shaken off after aggro'ing.

-----

Game was challenging before, now it's stupid hard. Why do I have to prone-crawl as soon as I get within 100km of a town, and then the whole time I'm in it? Before this patch I spent most of my time in town crawling anyway, but at least I could crouch-walk a good deal too. Now sitting up in a town = instant death. I can't even loot gear I find because it forces crouch, and I get agrro'd instantly.

And in the patch notes it says zombies can now be shaken off your trail. LOL. I have yet to figure out how to break the LOS. Everything I've read doesn't work. Tried hitting the tree line, going prone and rolling. Tried going upstairs in buildings. Tried tagging them onto other players. These Ultra-Zombies are impossible to get off my ass. And spawning with no weapons leaves me no choice but to get rid of them or just hit respawn because I'm gonna die anyway.

LOS mechanic is not the right way to go. It should be focused on hearing. This would make moving around at night (which is unplayable anyway but whatever) more intense. You can bump into zombies at night and not get aggro'd, but if their aggro was triggered by heightened sense of HEARING over SIGHT, it'd feel more realistic and engaging like it did before this patch. Before I was scared of making noise, now I'm scared of being seen by Reggie Bush the zombie 200km away that I can't outrun or get rid of.

So before you make zombies HARDER, make them STABLE. Fix their movement so I don't have to wait for them to stop in front of me to be able to shoot them. Make them a little slower so I can outrun them after 5min of booking it into the tree line. LOS is a totally bad mechanic. Should focus on them hearing instead of seeing.

And for the record I'm totally fine starting with flashlights. As long as zombies aren't so godlike and give no fucks about anything I try to do to avoid detection. After 40min of prone-crawling a town I still end up aggro'd at some point no matter what.

[/quote']

BS.. i doubt you tried half the stuff you said to get them off your tail. I was playing the new patch for about 15 minutes when I shook loose from zombies 3 or 4 times already. Very easy.. I circled around a shed and they stopped. I went over a hill just like you and they stopped. Nothing wrong with a little randomness.. sometimes you just don't get away.. thats the way it is.

I absolutely did everything in that post. Zombies would slow down or stop for a moment, then 20km later they'd be right behind me again. Running inside or turning corners did nothing to stop them. More would even come.

The "Hardness" level before 1.7.1 was fine. I dont see why everyone said it was so easy. Now the game has been made so hard its not even fun anymore.

Sadly I see this game going down teh toilet like so many other games...why? A small minority on a forum who is very vocal makes devs think the community wants it one way, when the vast majority really doesnt.

One game that really comes to mind was Gears of War. A game that you needed skill to play, and anyone who wasn't great at the game got owned. Well the people who sucked at Gears 1 overtook the forums, while everyone else played gears 1. The devs listened to the people on the forums making a huge outcry, in turn making one of the biggest disappointments ever....Gears of War 2. Which ruined the entire Gears of War community.

This patch hasnt helped in my opinion, with higher risk of death and no way to kill zombies at start i see people just being careless.

I would sneak around a city before, being super careful, and have achance, but people cant do that now with these super zombies so people just run in like chickens and once they in a building they loose aggro, so theres no stealth involved anymore, and once u get a gun if u see anyone with a gun u pretty much kill them cuse if u die u lost ur gun and back to being useless lol.

Its just a big rush to finding guns and stuff and zombies are just an obstacle I am seeing. Just a nuisance being there, where as before they were a big threat as you cant get away from them.

The game is NOT HARD anymore, its EASY AS PIE, run around, ignore zombies cuse you loose them moment you go indoors, and just sneak outside back door, or loot then run out aggro them and go into next building and so on.

I like the update but have a few suggestions. (Don't freak out, they're just ideas)

1. Instead of absolutely no weapon, maybe a Makarov that has 2 in the gun and 1 extra clip. That way, you still have a challenge but you're not entirely defenseless. I like having to look for guns but this would be a bit easier and less frustrating.

2. The zombies run a bit fast, in my opinion. It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't run in that manic zig-zag pattern they seem to like. So, if they were slowed down just a tad or ran in a straight line, that'd be swell.

I'm not trying to make the game dumbed down, just slightly easier at the start. Again, these are just ideas so don't start yelling. Thanks for reading.

I would sneak around a city before' date=' being super careful, and have achance, but people cant do that now with these super zombies so people just run in like chickens and once they in a building they loose aggro, so theres no stealth involved anymore, and once u get a gun if u see anyone with a gun u pretty much kill them cuse if u die u lost ur gun and back to being useless lol.

The game is NOT HARD anymore, its EASY AS PIE, run around, ignore zombies cuse you loose them moment you go indoors, and just sneak outside back door, or loot then run out aggro them and go into next building and so on.

[/quote']

Well said sir! my exact opinion.

I got a fifty dollar steam card just to play this mod. After an hour of playing the new patch, catching aggro from a zombie through a wall, him attacking me through the wall, losing the one zombie, looting one building to find nothing of use, and making it into a building I could actually loot, I get shot in the face by a random guy inside. He got nothing off me except one painkiller.

If this is how the game is going to be played now, I'm done. It's not fun any more. Fifty dollars down the drain.

I would sneak around a city before' date=' being super careful, and have achance, but people cant do that now with these super zombies so people just run in like chickens and once they in a building they loose aggro, so theres no stealth involved anymore, and once u get a gun if u see anyone with a gun u pretty much kill them cuse if u die u lost ur gun and back to being useless lol.

[/quote']

Well said sir! my exact opinion. I will wait or rollback to 1.7.0 now if this shit isn't removed i seriously doubt that the game would be as fun as it was before.

Just hope there's still some decent 1.7.0 servers going.

My thread was closed and apparently I was told to post it here. Hopefully it will be a useful discussion piece in between people calling eachother carebears and telling everyone to go back to Cod.

1.7.1 playlog

I am going to update this once the hotfix is made available. I am going to document my experiences and attempt to test the overall gameplay of the new patch.

I am currently well geared, except I do not have NVG or silenced weapons. After some time in the non coastal regions of the map, I will die, give up my gear to the wilds, and start over on the beaches to continue documenting from there.

What I have played of this patch so far:

Logged in to find night was too dark to play without a source of light and I didn't want to give my position away.

This morning, I moved up on a pack of zombies to test line of sight. In the first group, One saw me through the bushes and charged me. I managed to get far enough away to use my weapon. one hit caused me to start bleeding, I forget to document my starting blood level.

The next pack I came across I tested distance. They weren't spotting me(they were facing right towards me, so they had to have seen me with their eyes) from half a mile away, so that is good. I got a fairly good distance to them, one where I'd expect to be shot at by a player if we were to round opposite ends of the block, and they didn't rush me. I will test this further once the hotfix is in place.

@Anemia

Their line of sight is bugged. They aren't supposed to chase you from 20m if your slowly proning. I heard from a friend that they're still hitting through walls. Also, everyone in my clan is complaining about the spawn issue, and I hope that's addressed as well in Rocket's hot fix today.

Think i found a bug ,i ate 4 steaks getting my life up to 7.600 from 3.4 something,

i Joined a other server with friends on it and im back again at 3.4 life

I could just imagine how awesome the new patch would be if the stupid "loose aggro/increased aggrorange" feature and the clearly buggy mass spawnings were out of the picture. the teamplay with new survivors could be really sweet, now its just a marathon.

While I do like the new patch, zombies can still hit you through walls and even deer huts if they're underneath it.

The one thing I want fixed the most are Vehicles, I mean come on! Me and a few friends have had numerous vehicles but if you hit a roadblack at like 5km/h and your tire pops the car WILL explode after a few seconds.

We even had the V3S, a military truck and we didn't even make out the Quarry because vehicles are so shit, we barely touched the fence that's around it and the truck exploded from nowhere. Vehicles are so ridiculously fragile!

Gunfire? No problem at all, they can take a lot of hits! Roadblocks at low speed? Fuck you, you explode. ArmA Logic.

Good post OP. I just wished the patches would be released with a bit more testing since some of them bring some annoying bugs' date=' usually lag or FPS related.

[/quote']

dude, we are the testers. The game has just taken a bit of in popularity

I got a fifty dollar steam card just to play this mod. After an hour of playing the new patch' date=' catching aggro from a zombie through a wall, him attacking me through the wall, losing the one zombie, looting one building to find nothing of use, and making it into a building I could actually loot, I get shot in the face by a random guy inside. He got nothing off me except one painkiller.

If this is how the game is going to be played now, I'm done. It's not fun any more. Fifty dollars down the drain.

[/quote']

NO no.. this is suppose to make band together!! didn't you read that.

I read several post saying that this change is making everyone ban together. Why didn't it do that.. what is wrong? You mean to tell me that people are now fighting more for resources? It's all so confusing.

( just kidding, I figured this would happen).

I'd like to see the weapon spawn percentages changed, decrease the rifle percentages and increase the pistol percentages. Currently you will get into a barn and have your choice of multiple rifles rather than finding your first pistol.

I got a fifty dollar steam card just to play this mod. After an hour of playing the new patch' date=' catching aggro from a zombie through a wall, him attacking me through the wall, losing the one zombie, looting one building to find nothing of use, and making it into a building I could actually loot, I get shot in the face by a random guy inside. He got nothing off me except one painkiller.

[/quote']

ITS A MOD! IN ALPHA! YOU MORON

so this new update, was supposed to be good right? so why are people spawn capping the shore killing everyone because they can? we cant even fight back, i finally got off the shore and played for over a hour found no food, ammo,guns,etc just empty bottles. and got killed by a player who massacred me because i couldn't fight back. if your gonna rig it so its like this at least give us lube in our backpack, i hate being raped dry.

aggro needs to be turned down.i doubt there is a single person here who has crawled through a field filled with zombies and actually got inside without aggroing a zombie and running half a mile to lose it.

EDIT: and i have yet to die from a zombie this patch only players, last patch it was zombies because you couldnt out run them very easy

I have no problem with the Z aggro range, the Z attack range, the increased Z damage or spawning with no weapons. I have one problem with 1.7.1, and that's the Z spawn rate. Let me explain.

I started a new character and immediately went into the woods in order to find a barn further away from towns. The first barn I came across, there were a couple Zs out back, and a monkey hanging around just inside the barn, not going anywhere. I waiting a while to see if he'd start moving, but nope. So a crawled up closer, stood up to get his attention, and then ran into the woods where I lost him in seconds. Got back to the barn without a problem, and it was now unoccupied and easy to get into. Not much of use in there except a giant pile of tin cans, so I took them. I even used one to get back out of the barn without aggroing any new Zs. This felt _awesome_, realistic and deep. It had verisimilitude.

Fast forward to looting attempt number two, a shed by the road further up in the hills. This one had some Zs in the hill overlooking the shed, and while I was throwing a can to try to draw a Z out of the shed, I aggrod all of them. It took a lot longer to lose them this time, and I took some hits, but finally they were lost in the woods, wandering. I went back to the shed to claim my hard-won reward and... The hill was crawling with new Zs and the shed had a new occupant. I repeated this process three more times, until the forests were crawling with confused Zs and I finally had taken too much damage and run out of bandages.

THIS is the problem. Buildings are now Z generators that kick out new Zs every time you move more than 30m away and come back. This destroys any remaining shred of disbelief I had.

There are basically two viable strategies for deal with Zs now, both stupid. One is to aggro every Z everywhere, run into buildings with multiple doors, grab loot and run out the other one, losing most Zs in the process. The other is to scout a building and if you don't like the Z layout, reset it by aggroing them and losing them in woods; when you come back to the building the Z layout will have reset.

[/quote']

ITS A MOD! IN ALPHA! YOU MORON

You bought the voucher to purchase arma, dayz was free. You really shouldn't be spending £50 dollars on the components to play a mod if you cant afford it though. I would feel worse for you but this in alpha and issues are to be expected. Many more to come.

After spending a whole day reading forums I finally got my chance to test stuff out, and report some bugs I myself encounterd.

Had my Lee Enfield and revolver, maximum amount of ammo on both, few bandages, cokes and beans.

So looking around and deciding that... I still dont know where I am, but theres some village over the hill.

So I start crouch-walking until Im close enough, sitting in a slope at the edge of the forrest and looking down on a barn.. some 200 metres away, and all of sudden a walker walks by..

No problem Im thinking.

Hmm... so who aggroed him I pondered when he started sprinting......

4 seconds and 2 bullets later Im running towards the barn..

5 minutes later after Ive bandaged myself, eaten and had a sip of coke Im looking around the yard.

Loot list of that nameless yard:

3 Hatchets

1 Lee Enfield

3 Mags of ammo to Lee enfield

3-5 Coke/pepsis

2 Beans

2 Bandages

Now we come to the fun part... always had the brilliant idea that when I leave a place with a unwanted weapon, I make a alot of noise... especially if I have 10 mags of that weapon.

*Aiming on a zed*.. some 400 m. away and BOOM-down goes the zed...... errrr.....hmm...

following 5-10 minutes I upped my zed kill count with around 60-70 zeds....

Bottomline:

1:Enfield+Fastest Zed respawn ever= Infinite amount of zombies

(prolly would have stopped if I used revolver, but I had so much ammo to use...)

2: Zombies are extremly kind and lines up along the walls inside barns.......*sigh*

but not any "hit through wall or teleportation" in barns.. all thou theire poor pathfinding skills enables them to walk inside walls/floor sometimes.

3. Uncertain here thou, but somehow it felt like they lost track of me inside the barn... totally OK by me.. IF it was not for the fact that I was 5m. away bandaging myself..... INSIDE the same barn, but perhaps they were nice since they did not advance on me again untill I killed another 3-4 of them

4. Those three hatchets I mention.... all 3 was in same shack at same time.....

Btw ya`ll.. anyone know EXACLY how Zed detektion works?

First one to see me in that slope must have been looking for birds or something, and yeah, I know they look in direction of face and not body, still..... I were on a slope.. pretty high up... crouched, only 2 eye markers, allmost surounded by trees...

Anyway, beside the insane spawn-rate of zeds, things feel pretty nice, now Im off to hunt more zeds and maybe die so I can get back to beach..

yeah, I dont have a clue on where on this island I am... got totally lost last pitchblack night, now I know to follow roads at night -_-