tals975

Completly new to DayZ. Any tips? :)

Use this map to locate your spawn (always at shore for fresh spawn) and navigate where you're going. You can find a map in-game and if you're lucky a GPS to go along with it.

http://dayzdb.com/map

Loot deer stands for weapons. Most only have ammo but it's worth checking them out until you find a decent weapon like an AK, MP5 or an M16.

Playing with friends makes things more fun and interesting, lucky for me I'm playing with my brother in the same house so we can chat IRL while playing.

Respect the death of your character and the loss of your loot. It will give you a much more satisfying experience.

Loot deer for weapons is that a place or the animal? :/

Deer stands as in little wooden structures on the edge of a forest overlooking a field. They're marked with a red flag on the map I posted. But beware, these spawn zombies as well but they are easy to avoid

Tips:

Kill players with this skin

http://www.dayzwiki....Skin_Bandit.png

Avoid players with this skin

http://www.dayzwiki....in_Survivor.jpg

And it's generally safe to approach players with this skin

http://www.dayzwiki....e:Skin_Hero.png

Be in a group:

People are less likely to f*** with you

The Bandit one is kind of true, you can actually try to find a 'friendly bandit' (They only kill certain people like prebs) and try to convert their ways, a youtuber I know is pretty good at that.

Based on videos on youtube from people who don't really know what they are doing, I have a few things to add:

1. Lee Ensfield. Don't take it over a hatchet unless you have good reason to think you'll be running into hostile players (which it can almost 1 shot). It's one of the loudest weapons in the game and will bring every zombie for miles your way. The AKM is almost as bad, but is great against players.

2. Flares, chemlights, heat packs, empty bottles/cans, and wood piles are generally not things you should be picking up just because you come across them. Flares/chems are only necessary for night play (which as a new player I'd avoid, especially alone), the temperature mechanic only really works if you're running around in the rain at night (so heatpacks are generally a waste), empty bottles/cans... just no, and if you need to cook food you can get wood from any tree in a forest as long as you have a hatchet.

3. Watch your inventory. If you are full, you will auto drop things to pick up new things.

4. Get a bigger pack asap. When you find a pack, sometimes you can't pick it up until you pick up everything around it. An easy way to get your stuff transferred is to open the pack on the ground and then scroll down to your pack and open it; from there you are moving things directly pack to pack and when you are done just pick up the new pack.

5. Zombies can't run in most buildings, so if you have a horde on you run into a building with two exits, let them file in, then run out the back. Or go for headshots with your pistol.

6. Another zombie losing tip; see the big pine trees with boughs all the way to the bottom? If you run up to one of those and crouch, zombies lose you. They might run up and do one attack (which doesn't hit) but then they turn and walk away, leaving you clear.

Also whats a private hive?

A server that has it's own private player 'database' (hive) rather than using the official 'database' (hive). As a result they can run different maps, loot spawns, starting load outs, vehicles and vehicle spawns. They also have custom banned lists and a (usually) dedicated admin

2. Flares, chemlights, heat packs, empty bottles/cans, and wood piles are generally not things you should be picking up just because you come across them. Flares/chems are only necessary for night play (which as a new player I'd avoid, especially alone), the temperature mechanic only really works if you're running around in the rain at night (so heatpacks are generally a waste), empty bottles/cans... just no, and if you need to cook food you can get wood from any tree in a forest as long as you have a hatchet.

Heat packs are very useful on Namalsk and you can use empty food containers as a weapon (they can give a player broken bones) or to distract zombies

Numbers of players are very important.

If you're mostly looking for PvP (player versus player), and want to gear up mostly by killing/stealing from other players, then the server should have 25-45 players. With that many players, tents usually only last a day or two before being found, and vehicles change hands very rapidly. So really the game is about rampaging around on the map shooting whoever you see for whatever they've got. Over 45 players, and it tends to just become death-matching. For me, the game loses a lot of tension if I know that players are very likely to in my vicinity wherever I am on the map.

If you want a slower game - a chance to scavenge, build a couple of little bases, repair a couple of vehicles and manage to keep them for a week or more - then try to choose a server with a constant 10-25 players. This will still give you a fair chance of encounters in 'hotspots' like the cities and airfields and some rarer encounters in the forests, whilst allowing you space to roam around collecting loot and looking for heli-crashes. I love not knowing when or where I'll meet another player, and get a real shot of adrenaline when I suddenly see someone completely unexpectedly. Personally I prefer this style of play, and have had some great times on Wireworld EU recently, especially since almost everyone is on the Wireworld Teamspeak so you get to know all the players you are fighting against. It'll probably be a bit dead the next few days for obvious reasons, but will hopefully pick up again after Xmas.

If a server has consistently under 10 players, once you've done enough scavenging and vehicle repairs, the game gets a bit boring.

NB: Wireworld runs the very latest community beta patch. Follow the instructions in the above link - basically join the lobby and get kicked (this is so your player name and id is logged in the database), then email the address in the 'kick message' with your GUID, and finally download the latest beta (3 PBO files) from the link you're given. The details of the TS server are in the lobby message if you get stuck.

Edited by Anti

Some super tips here thanks guys, Im a total noob, Dwoloading part 2 now, and after a month of WarZ hackers and cheaters, I bit the bullet...Heres hoping I can have some fun.

Any particular server hosts that are renown for rpg/survival no PK ruleset?

Thanks

Cate

thanks for all the help and tips from everyone also i know im a noob but anyone wanna play dayz in like 6-7 hours when i get my computer?

thanks for all the help and tips from everyone also i know im a noob but anyone wanna play dayz in like 6-7 hours when i get my computer?

My...

MY topic.

MINE! GET OFF OF IT!! ITS MINE!

Awesome!

Now I have tried the A2 Demo and I used a sniper..

How do i steady the breathe?

You don't but certain snipers will allow you to further zoom in by holding right click.

• Like 1