Sign in to follow this  
rossums

What is DayZ to you?

DayZ reminded restored my faith in gaming and the gaming community. I thought we were forever stuck with wow/cod clones. Turns out there are alot of gamers who enjoy not being lead around by a leash.

DayZ returned a feeling of fun I haven't experienced since UO.

DayZ to me is Horror Survival first and foremost. Zombies need to be more of a threat but we'll be seeing that I'm sure. The tension of PvP is good too as long as it isn't looked at as the end all be all of the game.

The servers that have 100's of vehicles and all these guns kind of lost what DayZ is. I guess it's good to have the option, just not my play style and don't think it's really what was envisioned for the game.

don't think it's really what was envisioned for the game.

You Realism-enthousiasts have hijacked this gameconcept, wanted it to become some 'Robinson Cruseau shit' where one will have to walk 5000m to trade beans while sealing the deal over direct chat singing folk music. In your biggest dream you climb walls and hunt for boars with crossbows. You guys are living in a world where a man gets measured by the quantity of unnecessary shit on his toolbelt. Well, I may not have much on my toolbelt.. But I do dream as well..

In my biggest dreams I fire my FAL at a bus full of survivors til it sets fire and I hear their cries over direct chat marking my awesomeness for everyone to see.

You Realism-enthousiasts have hijacked this gameconcept, wanted it to become some 'Robinson Cruseau shit' where one will have to walk 5000m to trade beans while sealing the deal over direct chat singing folk music. In your biggest dream you climb walls and hunt for boars with crossbows. You guys are living in a world where a man gets measured by the quantity of unnecessary shit on his toolbelt. Well, I may not have much on my toolbelt.. But I do dream as well..

In my biggest dreams I fire my FAL at a bus full of survivors til it sets fire and I hear their cries over direct chat marking my awesomeness for everyone to see.

I think the people who do mass shootings have the same dreams as you.

For me it is one of the most thrilling gaming experiences I've ever had. I was so excited, when I saw my first Let's Play DayZ by CHKilroy on youtube. When I started to play DayZ in June, it was a zombie survival game (these drunken hobos scared the shit out of me, hehe).

Now that I know how to outrun or avoid the hobos, it's a bandit survival game. Which is a little sad, but it still got those great moments, when you meet another survivor and dont know if you can trust him or not. Then team up with him, steal cars, get attacked by a helicopter, run away from it and end up in the middle of a shootout between two groups of survivors. They shoot down the heli and I light up the two guys that survived the shootout and leave with all theirs beans, harharhar!!!

Despite all the problems I've encountered, DayZ made me belive that there is still creativity and heart in the gaming industry.

If there are grammar mistakes and stuff, please ignore them. I am not at home in your language ;)

• Like 1