daish

It's Impossible to See at Night! - Other threads will be locked/deleted!

Zolfo, use your brain a little now. It's not about the difficulty, alright? It's about being able to play the game without NVG's. Some people can not play the game at night because they cant see, understand? One thing is difficulty which i think this game does brilliantly, but being blind is a completely different thing.

Then if they can't play at night, don't. Nobody is forcing people to play in the dark. What if they want to, but its "too dark"? Tough luck.

I kinda like it, not being able to see unless you have a flashlight out. What me and my friend do when its dark though is just go to another server, not all of the servers are dark.

Simple solution. Hop servers when it gets dark. I dont like night but I can respect people who want to play in the dark. I dont see why we both cant have what we want here.

(not the kinda post you would expect from someone with a name like donkeyasshat :3)

Seriously, Dark night is awesome, that stealth gameplay, its also make night Vi. Googles desired. Think how far you can see irl. BUT still you can change your gamma and HDR settings, and it will help you. It would be good if the gamma setting will be blocked on server.

There is nothing realistic about a pitch black screen.

I also grew up on the countryside and yes, some nights you can see in fairly well but on others you can't distinguish your hand infront of your face.

Seeing that Rocket has experience from the military he's probably also spent his fair share of time in pitch black dark nights and you'll probably have a hard time convincing him about those nights being unrealistic.

have to say, since .5 the night has been fine, I still use the gamma trick. Don't know why everyone was complaining anyway - because on the old lighting, you could gamma up so much, that you could see like 3km's clearly (that's bad).

have to say' date=' since .5 the night has been fine, I still use the gamma trick. Don't know why everyone was complaining anyway - because on the old lighting, you could gamma up so much, that you could see like 3km's clearly (that's bad).

[/quote']

it gets darker the latter it gets

you prob have a early bed time and go to sleep before it gets as dark in the videos

I don't so much how the terrain is pitch black, so the sky should at least be more visible so I can navigate.

It's also hard as hell to find things in the grass with a torch, the shadows go crazy.

i real life, when we go out on mock patrols or ambushes in the middle of nowhere so there are no city lights, you can see so well. i definitely dont like the night in day z, its completely unrealistic, in arma 2 they had the night good, but here, its ridiculously unrealistic.

Finally gave night a good try since it was changed, it's awful. It's not just annoying that's it's dark, but that it's unrealistically dark. The sky was wonderfully lit with stars, but everything that wasn't sky was BLACK, no shape no shade, just black. At best, I can see the tops of trees silhouetted against this brilliant sky; and I can see things that are textured white, like the supermarket or my friends arms.

If it is to stay this way, can we at least change the flashlight to a headlamp so that we can see while running and have a pistol?

Oh god we tried one with rain too. It was hilarious how we kept losing each other and had to 'marco-polo' over direct chat. Now I always have chemlights, and one of use keeps a torch ready to spot loot. We feel awfully vulnerable having to use lights though and really really hate that we can't use flashlight on the go.

Finally gave night a good try since it was changed' date=' it's awful. It's not just annoying that's it's dark, but that it's unrealistically dark. The sky was wonderfully lit with stars, but everything that wasn't sky was BLACK, no shape no shade, just black. At best, I can see the tops of trees silhouetted against this brilliant sky; and I can see things that are textured white, like the supermarket or my friends arms.

If it is to stay this way, can we at least change the flashlight to a headlamp so that we can see while running and have a pistol?

Oh god we tried one with rain too. It was hilarious how we kept losing each other and had to 'marco-polo' over direct chat. Now I always have chemlights, and one of use keeps a torch ready to spot loot. We feel awfully vulnerable having to use lights though and really really hate that we can't use flashlight on the go.

[/quote']

The sky was lit with stars but the ground was black?

gee you dont say

Seriously' date=' Dark night is awesome, that stealth gameplay, its also make night Vi. Googles desired. Think how far you can see irl. BUT still you can change your gamma and HDR settings, and it will help you. It would be good if the gamma setting will be blocked on server.

[/quote']

too bad because of the alt+f4 server farmers, getting nvg's is getting next to imposible.

yesterday i waited in the last room of the nw barracks. in 20 mins 6 server hoping douchebags spawned right in my face. i enjoyed blasting the sit out of their nerd raging faces.

no wonder the majority play daylight servers only. the night is too dark unless you wanna be a gamma noob or a server farmer with nvg's.

I like to see casual gamers cry in a SIMULATOR, which is not something you will complete 'just like that'.

Either way, it's a FREE mod in ALPHA, we are their FREE alpha testers, and complains will be completely ignored. You should probably have posted this in a feedback section, with less QQ to make people take your thread interesting.

This game is far away going to die off, we are just switching the kids out with more mature people, who actually likes a challenge.

Ever heard of chemlights/flares?

Please don't tell me you will create another topic like this, if you get killed by another player, or if a zombie breaks your leg in the first hit. Everyone has tried it, get over it, this mod is supposed to be hard even on the lowest difficulty :)

I like to see casual gamers cry in a SIMULATOR' date=' which is not something you will complete 'just like that'.

This game is far away going to die off, we are just switching the kids out with more mature people, who actually likes a challenge.

[/quote']

I like to see people try harding to look hardcore. i've probably already played this mod more then your whole family tree dating back to australopitecus.

i've played operation flashpoint 1 when you were still sucking on mamma's tit. and I still think the night is too dark. its not hard, its just badly implemented, and all it makes you do is turn up gamma. pointless game mechanic is pointless.

Everyone needs to quit calling out people for being "whiners". There is no such thing in this case; the night being too dark is a valid criticism. Can Rocket even "fix" this? I have no idea, and you do not either. The way the game renders night time is not something Rocket will have complete control over. I do not believe the state of the night time is at all a final product, expect it to be changed. I bet its only this dark in order to test out how players will use the flashlights/flares etc. and how useful those mechanics are; Rocket will probably tweak it based off of that.

Everyone here bitches about the whiners. THERE'S 35 PAGES OF YOU FAGS FLAMING THE OP. get the fuck over yourselves. Noone cares how good you are, or how much you enjoy the game in its current state. Shut the fuck up.

Deal with the current night system or don't play the game. If you can't play the game then don't ruin it for others.

Deal with the current night system or don't play the game. If you can't play the game then don't ruin it for others.

No one is trying to ruin the game. Do you honestly think the current night system is what Rocket intends? Rocket wants to hear from players and get feedback, any suppression of that is detrimental to Rocket. Its funny because if you had your way and stopped people from disagreeing with you you would actually more or less "ruin the game".

Step outside into an area with no light sources for 20 miles and no moon.... you won't be able to see the tip of your nose, there is not even a horizon or any outlines of tree's or surfaces or clouds. Just pitch black darkness and stars in the sky. If there are clouds then were there should be stars there is just black.

Pitch Black at nights is AOK in my book because there are no city lights, house lights, street lamps, NOTHING! No light sources AT ALL, All you city cluckers are too used to a bazillion lights being turned on everywhere at night. giving a greyish orange haze over everything.

If your lucky enough to find NVG's (Found 2 in 3 days :D) then you don't have to give a damn, otherwise there are torches, chem lights and Road Flares

Without the pitch blackness, NVG's would become useless... I don't want that at all

Turn off anti aliasing and the one over it later turn hdr to high or very high. Turn on gamma and brightness to full and you will be able to see in the night! Just like before...