Devon206 (DayZ)

Should I wait for StandAlone?

Hey all.

I am getting a new PC for christmas, and was wondering should I buy ARMA 2: CO or just wait for the standalone? I just want to know so I don't waste my money. :)

Thanks.

-Devon

I was questioning that too, but the standalone looks like it will be delayed a lot longer, especially after what happened with War Z and Rocket being all stressed out. I bought Arma 2: CO cause it was on sale on steam. In the end, you still get Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA. Plus, since it will probably be very similar sine it's on a similar engine, at least you learn how to play and learn the maps.

Yes,Wait. The standalone should be out in less than a month.

:)

i was asking the same question myself, but i went ahead and got it due to so i can get an early "feel" of the game before the SA comes out

Hello there

I am biased, but to me yes you should get Arma2 CO.

With that purchase you not only have the DAYZ mod but a damn fine battlefield simulator as well.

Let's not forget the thousands of other mods/missions/maps that are available. It's not as slick as say BF3 but it's soooo deep.

Definitely a worthy purchase IMHO.

Rgds

LoK

If you like mil sims, get Arma. If not, wait for standalone. Also, mind posting your computer specs?

Thanks guys. I am choosing to buy ARMA 2, Mostly because I have a spare 20$ and I get two games. :D

Yes,Wait. The standalone should be out in less than a month.

:)

I wouldn't be so sure of that, if you have any experience following game releases you'd know they almost always get pushed back and/or released with bugs. I don't understand the benefit from waiting who knows how long for this standalone version to be released.