protectadin

DayZ coming to console port?

If it ever does it's a LONG way off. I call it Karma, I still can't forget how badly optimised LA Noire was for the PC, it really sucked.

Edited by Fraggle

Won't be any time soon, maybe in a year or more once the PC version is complete.

If it ever does it's a LONG way off. I call it Karma, I still can't forget how badly optimised LA Noire was for the PC, it really sucked.

honestly, i really hope dayz doesn't reach consoles, because i really like it the way it is and would want dean to focus on it's development, and updates/changes might be forced on pc just so it matches console versions

• Like 2

Don't worry, any development over the next year would be purely for the PC. Rocket has already discussed this and said there will be no compromises with regards to keeping consoles in mind.

Edited by Fraggle

It wouldn't harm us PC gamers if DayZ was to hit consoles, as the others have said if it does happen it won't be until we have a fully completed version ourselves witch may take until this time next year.

I personally would like to see the concept moved to console in the future, Gamers like my little brother and a few mates can't get into DayZ because it's only on PC, but they have admitted they like what they see and would play it on console. Plus having DayZ available on every platform would be awesome, everyone gets to enjoy it!

• Like 2

Maybie in 2 Years it could be released. I also think, it would'nt be great. Don't get me wrong, i play ps3 more than pc but i think in 2 years (I think 2 Years) DayZ won't have sooo much players who are just waiting for the Release on ps3/4/5/6 or xbox9000.

I would'nt buy it, cause i would have it for the PC and play it there with my friends

Ive heard rumors if it does get ported over to console Derpy will post pics of himself topless in kilt. Can anyone confirm this?

:D :D :D :D

• Like 1

Ive heard rumors if it does get ported over to console Derpy will post pics of himself topless in kilt. Can anyone confirm this?

:D :D :D :D

Damn, now the onslaught for console release has begun! i best get my kilt ready....

• Like 1

if it ever does come out on console it'll probably be a version where oyu spawn with a lee enfield on a walled cherno to tdm around

• Like 1

I really hope so, DayZ is going to be a really good game.

http://www.complex.c...-nov-2013?r=off

IF they do port it over to consoles, let's hope they wait for that baby!^^^

In that article it says "the next Xbox will have 4 CPU's more powerfull than any gaming PC". Well that's bollocks right there. An Xbox basically is a PC, just a standardised version focused on gaming and for a fixed price.

• Like 3

In that article it says "the next Xbox will have 4 CPU's more powerfull than any gaming PC". Well that's bollocks right there. An Xbox basically is a PC, just a standardised version focused on gaming and for a fixed price.

I didn't write the article. Also, it's all just speculation at this point, which essentially means they are talking out of their asses. I'm just saying, if they do port DayZ over to consoles, they better wait for the next gen systems. Playing on the current ones would be horrendous *cough*Battlefield 3*cough*.

Also, it says a four core CPU, not four CPUs.

Here's a more detailed article, explaining the CPU and other (rumored) features:

http://www.computera...ge=1#top_banner

Edited by A_Typical_Noob

Rockets already said PC port > console port. So anyone coming into this discussion who thinks it will affect the DayZ standalone can calm down and let go of their safety blanket.

Consoles are dying down in popularity. Reports from te big three have said that they have had a steady decline in consoles and console games being sold over the past three years, Sony has mentioned that the next generation of it's play station will act as more of a multimedia centre then a gaming platform.

I for one welcome the news. Console in my opinion is best left for street fighter type games

All heil the pc!

If it does happen maybe they will release it around the same time of the new steam console, its a long way off but it would make sense considering the mod has already proven to be a big money maker with steam.

next generation of it's play station will act as more of a multimedia centre then a gaming platform.

fk

this game will never work on consoles unless there are some massive core adjustments

Well if a console version means I dont have to deal with the PC kiddies ruining the game every 5 minutes, sign me up .I can always mute an Xbot.

Wha...is this a post about a console port that isnt being doused in fire by elitist PC gamers who think they are better than everyone else because they can afford a 1k gaming pc and we peasants have consoles? DAFUCK?

EVERYTHING I KNOW IS A LIE

I hope it doesn't, that means people who only play on console will join the forum.

• Like 1

Well if a console version means I dont have to deal with the PC kiddies ruining the game every 5 minutes, sign me up .I can always mute an Xbot.

You must be an idiot

honestly, i really hope dayz doesn't reach consoles,

Meh, I feel just the opposite.

I would like it to hit consoles. Not that I want to play on a console seeing as I don't even own one. I'd like it on consoles so that half the immature contards running around now on DayZ now would go back to playing on their consoles.

(not saying ALL console players are little kids)

I really dont care TBH. All of the development and main releases will be for the PC so whatever happens after that won't affect us at all, apart from making BIS more money which they can use to make more epic games.