Sign in to follow this  
flower (DayZ)

Spas

Spas should be safe zones where players could come and rest their legs after all that running. Spas are only accessible to survivors. Guns and backpacks are left at the main enterance in lockers. Bandits cannot access the facility. Spas can cure cramps as well reduce blurring.

We don't want safe zones and if this safe zone cures everything, doesn't that remove the survival element?

• Like 1

The ideal DayZ should provide you with the tools to do just that

- while maintaing the possibility that an evil soul enters your

beauty salon and slays your chinese workforce in a brutal bloodbath.

This shouldn't be something that is in the game, makes the game dumbed down like warz. But If building is implemented i'm sure we'll see some people making safe zones or trading posts etc. it's much better when something is run and made by players themselves.

There will never be safe zones in DayZ, confirmed by Rocket.

• Like 1

safe zones go against everything that is DayZ. One of the most frightening things about DayZ is you are never safe, no matter where you are someone or something can attack and kill you. It's what keeps you looking over your shoulder and freaking out because you swear there's something watching you from that bush.

If you want a safe zone you could find a clan that has a base on a server and hang around there. It's not totally safe but it's as close as you'll get.

The ideal DayZ should provide you with the tools to do just that

- while maintaing the possibility that an evil soul enters your

beauty salon and slays your chinese workforce in a brutal bloodbath.

Wuuut.... Well, yes, agreed. Nice metaphor.

Came expected a thread about SPAZ but was misspelled, Left feeling dumber xD

Yup. The idea of a permanent, static safe zone somewhere on the map is counter to what DayZ is about. That or it becomes a place for bandits to lay seige to or take pot shots at. The idea of groups of carebears trying to maintain law and order in a certain area is an intriguing one though. If there are to be "Safe zones" their safety must be maintained by players, not arbitrary game design and their safety must be fleeting and conditional. You want an area to be safe? Expect to fight off periodic attacks from roaming zombie hordes and attempts at coup by bandits.

Spas? How about a good facial?

it would be good fun to block the exit with a bus and blow it up

There will never be safe zones in DayZ, confirmed by Rocket.

I have hundreds of cans of beans. Why can I only give you one?

• Like 1

It seems everyone is so against the idea of this but then why is there so many 24/7 daylight, 500+ vehicle severs with safe zones right now? Such a shame that people like this even play...

and i want taxi cars like in gta 4, so i can rest but traveling and looking out of the window