Sign in to follow this  

Dean Hall please don't despair!

Dean Hall, you are a very talented game designer with a promising career ahead in game development. Please do not despair.

Your DayZ mod is genius and has advanced the zombie genre. You have gained respect of the community and am on the radar of the industry. It is a great start to a great profession.

But, understandably this is a highly public and stressful project and you might be having trouble with 'crunch time', a problem that plagues quite a few projects.

If this project is causing you health problems then slowing down is a very good and acceptable idea. Take some time off and go see friends.

The fan base will be understanding.

Please hold on Dean Hall and have a merry Christmas!

Sincerely, a hopeful future game designer.

Unfortunately the fan base here on the forums is not very understanding.

Nor is it very intelligent in most cases. It's lazy, it's whiny, it's every negative adjective you can come up with.

Which is why Rocket gave up(for the most part) reading the forums a long time ago.

He still checks the forums every now and then, and makes announcements as usual, but in general, he doesn't read our blabbering anymore.

If you want to be where he's at, go onto Reddit. I don't have the exact link, so maybe someone can quote me with one.

• Like 1

The DayZ community is amazing. With a large fan base like DayZ, you're going to have those few self-entitled pricks who whine about unnecessary things, but it's still amazing. Any troll can make an account and post things on this forums, they're not part of this community.

Why would Rocket post things about DayZ on a forums where basically everyone owns the mod, using Reddit is just a form of advertisement, probably not his intent, but it is. Rocket is actually pretty active on the forums, which can easily be confirmed by looking at his posts.

• Like 1

I agree with the op. If you want to take time off, do it! Don't let people pressure you...

Unfortunately the fan base here on the forums is not very understanding.

Nor is it very intelligent in most cases. It's lazy, it's whiny, it's every negative adjective you can come up with.

Which is why Rocket gave up(for the most part) reading the forums a long time ago.

He still checks the forums every now and then, and makes announcements as usual, but in general, he doesn't read our blabbering anymore.

If you want to be where he's at, go onto Reddit. I don't have the exact link, so maybe someone can quote me with one.

Much agreed, I would rather him take his time to make a much more complete game than rushing to finish it for a certain due date. I would rather him take another year if that means the game would be that much better

None the less, I have the utmost confidence for him.

Some wise and inspirational from Ben.

"Despair ruins some, presumption many"

&

"When you're finished changing, you're finished."

I would like to be very friendly and kind about this, but I seriously expected some kind of update last week. Well, now it seems like it's getting delayed and I still don't know what the fuck is going on.

Topic not needed.

Anyhow he's been busy saving the Hive and whatyaknow, the community pulled out a couple of aces.