Sign in to follow this  
FinalNinja447

Has the DayZ Mod come to a stall?

With the standalone coming out, the heap of new games released and the verge of the Mayan calendar ending (A.K.A. The apocalypse), has the mod ''stalled'' ? It doesn't seem like a new update will be distributed until the standalone game comes out (Speculations). Nothing seems to be happening right now for the mod except for the recent release of the Celle map. What is you're take on this? Am I the only one who FEELS this way?

Yes, the mod has stalled because the dev team is working on the SA. As far as I know the community is now working on updating the mod. There should be an update very soon according to the last dev blog.

No.

There will be community driven updates. I have personally answered loads of support tickets of people saying that they wish to help with the next update, so it's not like there's a shortage of talented individuals. I think the mod will continue to thrive because of the community.

Yes, the mod has stalled because the dev team is working on the SA. As far as I know the community is now working on updating the mod. There should be an update very soon according to the last dev blog.

Has it been considered that the mod may be managed by the community itself once the Standalone comes out? Maps are already being posted by the community, might as well go for the updates.

No.

There will be community driven updates. I have personally answered loads of support tickets of people saying that they wish to help with the next update, so it's not like there's a shortage of talented individuals. I think the mod will continue to thrive because of the community.

Interesting. I'll be getting the standaole as soon as available but I will also go have a look at the mod, can't wait to see the potential by the community itself.

There have been two community updates in the last six weeks and there is a rolling changelog for the next community update in the announcements section, so no?

Interesting. I'll be getting the standaole as soon as available but I will also go have a look at the mod, can't wait to see the potential by the community itself.

With just the things I've been seeing in the tickets, I can easily say it won't be disappointing.

With the standalone coming out, the heap of new games released and the verge of the Mayan calendar ending (A.K.A. The apocalypse), has the mod ''stalled'' ? It doesn't seem like a new update will be distributed until the standalone game comes out (Speculations). Nothing seems to be happening right now for the mod except for the recent release of the Celle map. What is you're take on this? Am I the only one who FEELSthis way?

Typical quebecer.

I am fairly certain that Dayz received a community update less then a month ago. Also less then a week ago Namalsk received many new features.

Yes Rocket has abandoned the mod. We all know this and dont need to be constantly reminded of this on a weekly basis. (GO drama somewhere else) We should all know is that Dayz is a community effort monitored by Rocket.

Keep in mind while dayz is a mod and so are all the maps that keep being released. LIke a mod within a mod. All of these mods are being updated quite frequently with content being added by the map moders.

So no Dayz hasnt been abandoned and to say so is nothing more then a pitiful attempt to stir up drama.

Typical quebecer.

I am fairly certain that Dayz received a community update less then a month ago. Also less then a week ago Namalsk received many new features.

Yes Rocket has abandoned the mod. We all know this and dont need to be constantly reminded of this on a weekly basis. (GO drama somewhere else) We should all know is that Dayz is a community effort monitored by Rocket.

Keep in mind while dayz is a mod and so are all the maps that keep being released. LIke a mod within a mod. All of these mods are being updated quite frequently with content being added by the map moders.

So no Dayz hasnt been abandoned and to say so is nothing more then a pitiful attempt to stir up drama.

I don't see how being from Quebec had any relation or influence to any of that, but okay.

I don't see how being from Quebec had any relation or influence to any of that, but okay.

Being from Wales I can see clearly why you wouldnt be able to put two and two together.. being a Canadian myself and like many other valued Canadian members of this forum they two will be able to make the obvious connection,

Also Op couldve found out these answer him/herself if he took the time to enter a few key words into the forums search section...

Being from Wales I can see clearly why you wouldnt be able to put two and two together.. being a Canadian myself and like many other valued Canadian members of this forum they two will be able to make the obvious connection,

Well, judging by that post even a Welsh person could see you're a pretty lame troll. The 60's called, they want their outdated beliefs back.

Stalled mod? perhaps.

Are you not having fun with it anymore? Or tired of the content? Then you're just ready to move on to another game. No prob.

Join a private server with custom content. It'll put some jive back into your step.

Well, judging by that post even a Welsh person could see you're a pretty lame troll. The 60's called, they want their outdated beliefs back.

Wasnt alive back in the 60's to have these beliefs you speak of. My beliefs are of those who are up to date on current events. the 60's old man arent exactly current.

No attempt to troll. Just answering a question he could've found the answer to on his own.

I don't know how you can say the mod has stalled.

Not only have we had two community updates but we have many new maps and modified versions of the mod itself.

Have you played DayZ+, DayZ2017, Breaking Point, DayZ Redux, Namalsk, etc? All of these have additional features to go with the community release. They might not be everyone's cup of tea but there is some great stuff coming out on an almost daily basis.

In my opinion if there is one thing you cannot say about the mod is that it has stalled. There is almost TOO much choice.

Edited by DemonGroover
  • Like 2

Stalled mod? perhaps.

Are you not having fun with it anymore? Or tired of the content? Then you're just ready to move on to another game. No prob.

Join a private server with custom content. It'll put some jive back into your step.

Stalled mod? perhaps.

I am certain he meant it has come to a stall update wise.

The mod probably will stall at some point, mainly because I can imagine the vast majority of players flocking from the Mod to the SA, therefore, reducing numbers of people who play the mod/contribute to updating the mod.

I don't think it will be entirely instantaneous, but I can see numbers progressively dwidling as the SA gains more and more features and updates.

No matter what happens with the standalone i personally know i'll be keeping my eye on the "Mod" and coming back to scavenge around. Because this is where it all started. Aslo with the community development team working to improve and enhance the quality of the "Mod" and any extra features they might implement, players will be enticed back just to remember the good old-DayZ......

So i dont see the "Mod" as coming to a stall, but just trying to find its feet and in what direction it most likely will resume its course...

Actually, I've been having aslot of fun with the mod these days. I am helping find a niche for a server that collapsed. The options of different playstyles amoung the thousands of servers, plus the new mods, maps, and missons. Things are good for us until SA & beyond..

Has it been considered that the mod may be managed by the community itself once the Standalone comes out? Maps are already being posted by the community, might as well go for the updates.

that's what already happening, and i don't think it will stop when the SA is released.

Mod has gone downhill. Nowhere near as fun as it was. Waiting for standalone.

It is still quite fun. Haven't you tried a 500+ vehicle servers with a squad, and try to go around and be friendly?

Hmm... it's obvious I havn't had a look at stuff a bit more clearly in the last few weeks. Well know I know.