Sign in to follow this  
Shuriken333

Helicopter Crash Site Spawn Behavior

I searched the forums and after looking through 4 threads out of the many that I seen, I knew I'd never find the info I'm looking for by that nature. TL;DR sorry if this is a repost

How does a heli crash site spawn into a server? I know they all get reset after a server resets, but right when the server starts back up, do they spawn? Or does a player need to be within a certain proximity in order to trigger a spawn (presumably adding to some variable that keeps track of the current number of sites and compares it to the maximum number of heli crashes that can appear in a server) ?

The crash-site locations and loot is chosen randomly on restart, and it is all generated before the players join.

The number of crash sites is specified in the server config.

Only the crash-site zombies are spawned afterwards, whenever a player comes near.

• Like 1

As far as I can tell, they spawn on restart with the loot already spawned as well. I believe it spawns a random number between 4 and 7. The only thing that is based upon proximity are the zeds. And there is currently a glitch where if you drive up right next to it no zeds spawn so you can grab the loot but not have to deal with the zeds. This will of course be fixed in the next patch when the spawning is updated to include when you are in vehicles and the zeds can start attacking your cars.

I'm basing all this off of the past two weekends being crash site hunting from a chopper since they are much easier to spot.

Hope it helps.

• Like 1

these two guys already told you everything i think..mmm crew zombiies can have nvgs..

• Like 1

The way it works for me is, somebody finds the crash site and clears it out. Then i come along. Happy days.