kleutscher

DayZ 2017 Mod Released

Just had a go - great work.

I scavenged for about an hour before i even found a gun (double barrel). Stuff is rare. Brings a whole new meaning to the Bean Wars.

Hopefully a few more servers pop up.

Defintely will be playing again soon.

Not as rare as I thought it was going to be. Within my first 1.5 hours I found a 20 slot pack, axe, 6 water bottles, meds, Xbow with 5 bolts, and passed by enough parts to build a car. Food was the only thing I needed and that seemed like the only real rare loot outside of a good gun.

Still fun in any case. Ran into 2 people during that time. One at a school and after I told him the place was looted we parted nice like. The other was in the middle of the road in near pitch black night, told him to back the fuck up and to move to the other side of the street. He did for about 20 ticks, the dumbass tried to axe me from a full sprint with me watching him. 1 bolt KOed him and finished him after a few words with my axe. He had just about everything needed toolkit, knife, map, antibiotics, blood, just needed a ranged weapon and matches and he'd be 100% set.

just came from one of the servers.. got to say the mod looks good and it really gives a real hobo feel to the game

also.. i dont know if this is a bug or something but i was playing at night time and all of a sudden tha game went pitch black and all you could see is a chemlight you can throw

and also all the people on the side channel were doing christopher walken impressions ho-HO!

I love it. I took off away from the coast right away so I had trouble finding gear for a while. I guess if I hit a big town right away it would have been different. Playing during the night was also a lot of fun. Flares, chemlights, people trying to kill you with shotguns rather than m017s. Good times.

Our clan will try to get this running on our server most likely. Just have to wait for the server owner to install everything. Till then we got a rather populated Tavaina server up.

Idea-

2017s hard as hell to play style on Tavaina. Wonder if that can be done, or even if it would be possible to stay alive to reach the next city with how big that map is.

Should be fine on Taviana if the animal spawns are adjusted in 2017. I'm not sure what the water supply looks like on Taviana as I've never really had to look before. If there's enough wells and fresh water then Taviana might be perfect for the more hardcore survival guys among us.

Just played for a considerable amount of time

It is just awesome, everything I've wanted in DayZ since the beginning.

(food cans are practically non-existent, find survival supplies and hunt for your life)

Has anyone got a link to a post containing all the features in the current DayZ 2017 release? I can't seem to find one anywhere.

I was hoping for something more difficult, and it is, but I got lucky. Found a dead guy on the side of a road. From that I got an enfield, some ammo, all the tools I needed and even a bunch of med stuff, and one single cooked meat. That cooked meat was the only food I had for a long time. Eventually met with a friend and we found a TANK. In it was an m240 machine gun (no ammo :\), and some other guns and stuff. It was all fixed and gassed up. Also, two meat. Those two meat were all my friend and I had for so long. There are still a lot of meds in the hospitals. Rolled around Chernarus in a tank checking the airfields and whatnot. Supermarkets always only had empty cans and backpacks. Airfields/barracks had practically nothing, like 1 ammo for winchester, 1 makarov mag, some chem lights and a bunch of empty cans.

There are corpses and chem lights littered all over Chernarus. Can't help but wonder how SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many people died.

I really hope they remove the tank. I felt really silly. Running over zombies, not worrying about ambushes. By the way, the tank is unbelievably loud. You can hear it from so many miles away, in fact I think you can hear it from halfway across the map if you turn your speakers up.

Anyway, we feel like we're all geared up and beat the game. The tank really spoiled it for us. I might give up on the mod if they leave it in. Gave up looking for food spawns in towns. Animals work better.

PS. Can't stop thinking about the dead guy that gave me all my stuff. He wasn't looted, had food, bandages, everything. wtf happened to him?!

Edited by Taffer

Any more news guys - love this mod

sorry made this post only for release purpose. but ill use it now to give some updates on it:)

dayz 2017 V1.1 is released and now available on DayZ Commander.

New Features

* Dead Players / Zeds can be gutted and cooked with detrimental effect on humanity and high chance of infection

* Zombies Hordes Spawn in Forests

* Zombies spawn ratios and sensitivty raised.

* Gyrocopters added (land and water based) - water based can also be used on land.

* New Female Survivor Model (can wear backpack)

* New Bandit Model

* New Hero Model

* New Tent Model

* Bus Interior Retextured

* Added Retextured AN2 Civil

* Changed Survivor2_DZ to Epic_Beard_Man.

* Tank Armour Levels Lowered massively.

* Loot rebalanced (matches more common).

* Animal Spawn ratios brought back to default.

Bug Fixes

* Backpacks can now stow weapons

* Tank LODS fixed

* Male Survivor Rvmats Fixed (they now show blood on the models)

* Various start up errors fixed.

* Removed Marek_DZ (Medic could self heal)

* Missing ice_apo_resistance\data\us_soldier_sabot_body_wound1.rvmat''

Known Issues

* Gyrocopters have no damage graphics and lack repair options. If you treat them harsh enough they will die, but look normal still. They will however respawn on server restart when destroyed. They can also be saved and refueled ok.

* To exit the tank, you each need to go via the drivers seat otherwise sometimes you might get injured.

* Sometimes the Bandit model complains about no value for AK_74_M/Burst value. Just ignore it and click ok.

* As with standard DayZ the female bandit defaults to the male model. We will have this fixed with a unique model next build.

its a work in progress for weight and sleep system:

Quick overview:

The weight system:

It works on the basis that if you carry a high amount of gear and push youself to hard such as running against an incline or a large distance then you will fall over and be open to attack. You will need to rest or shed weight to recover.

The idea is that we thought it far to unrealistic that someone can run half way across the map carrying car wheels, engine parts and an assault rifle.

It will not stop people from traveling long distances in sprint (which is where the War Z screwed up). The migration up north is a big part of the game which we don't want to break. If you plan your provisions sensibly then you can maintain a long sprint.

Sleep:

sleep is an essential need now as much as food and hydration. Sleep / awake ratios will persist in the database and so someone who denies themselves rest willl experience consequences. These we are still working on and brainstorming. Nothing game breaking, but expect some form of hallucination both audible and visual and perhaps shakes and heightened risk of infection / lowered resistance to the enviroment.

Edited by kleutscher
  • Like 1

I love the idea of a sleep requirement, it would add a realism to it, that it seems to be missing

BUT then you could go with a much needed toilet break as well, especially if infected from food eaten, not sure if even remotely feasible though.

just realised it was my 1st post...lol and i'm talking about a toilet break, AWESOME FIRST POST

Edited by Bags2247