Sign in to follow this  
AllMightyKnox

DayZ Best Date For Release

In my opinion i think it would be badass if they released the game on 12.21.2012 'Doomsday' ! :D What better date to release a Zombie Apocalypse game? :)

• Like 7

14th Feb, because rocket loves you!

21st? Nah too predictable and we won't get much chance to play it, end of world at 21:21pm on your date!

I want it on the Eleventyfirst of Twelvety.

Xmas day would be nice.

12.12.12 would have been a giggle.

Even if it rolled over into the new year, that would still be good as it would help get rid of the post xmas blues.

L

I think the best date is whatever date Rocket decides to bless this world with his creation. I look forward to that day.

If they release the game in the beg of next year the sales will be really low.

Ok, I'll bite. Why is that, in your opinion?

L

Its like kids asking parents for something right after there birthday. I think i know when im talking about when i had to do w/ big titles that have been released. Also not just only after the date but then again you have to check what big titles are being launched the date you want to launch your game.

Edited by kn0x187YT
  • Like 1

Hullo

That still doesn't explain it to me I'm afraid.

Many folk have disposable cash after xmas, hence institutions like the January sales.

I doubt being released after xmas will/would/could have any depreciable effect on the release, especially after the momentum the game has garnered with the press/youtube etc.

L

If they release the game in the beg of next year the sales will be really low.

Its like kids asking parents for something right after there birthday. I think i know when im talking about when i had to do w/ big titles that have been released. Also not just only after the date but then again you have to check what big titles are being launched the date you want to launch your game.

There's a difference when we're talking about a game that's around £15 and a game such as COD which is £40, most people will get money at Christmas and i'm sure people will save if they're really eager to play it, also it will come out when it's ready do you want to buy something that you can't play? Not talking about pre-orders either.

Also regarding kids i'll think the majority will be playing another Zombie Game that's currently in the market.

• Like 2

I still doubt the game will be released next month. Not to mention most of the people i bump into in servers are little kids. Also LVG you must of read the part i said imo.

Edited by kn0x187YT

I just hope that it's released when it's really ready.

Don't want another CoD - Schedules ruin games, man.

• Like 1

I think the Dec 21 end of the world date would be perfect for it's release.

We should be finding out what is going on with release and other things soon.

The best day for release would be.......................... TODAY!!!!!

Y'all keep suggestion the 21st.. The mayans predicted the the polar ice caps revising...thus deatroying all the land we live on... Not zombie apocalypse...

The best day would be today, I am an impatient man and I am getting so bored of the other games I have been playing. Just beat Far Cry 3 and then spent 20 minutes looking for updates on the standalone.

• Like 1

"i hope they release it when its done and ready so its not buggy and unfinished like when games force release to meet schedules!"

dumb argument.

its foundation build either way, releasing on time and releasing a month after will still result in a buggy game thats missing features. so why bother waiting the extra month and making people expect something that you already said will not be delivered?

i personally dont care when it is released, an extra month wait is trivial, but still... its not getting polished like everyone seems to think, either way we will be bug hunting for a good while.

true dayz fans will welcome the bugs and glitches with open arms anyways, right!?

• Like 1

All i know is that they better, well not better but i hope they are fixing all the bugs and new bugs they find. Test game first! The reason i say this is because when the game is released ppl will find bugs and that will give the game a rating.

yeah exactly. but it cant be rated traditionally anyways since it isnt an actual game yet. and i think that when you push the release back and say its because you are bug squashing or whatever, you inadvertently give people the impression that the game will now be bug free and polished (or even just more stable than is possible) when it does get released. it kind of skews the original expectations people may have had for the release. in my opinion that is. thats why i think its unwise to delay, not because im over-eager or anything.

regardless of anything we all say, it will release when its released and that is that.

yeah exactly. but it cant be rated traditionally anyways since it isnt an actual game yet. and i think that when you push the release back and say its because you are bug squashing or whatever, you inadvertently give people the impression that the game will now be bug free and polished (or even just more stable than is possible) when it does get released. it kind of skews the original expectations people may have had for the release. in my opinion that is. thats why i think its unwise to delay, not because im over-eager or anything.

regardless of anything we all say, it will release when its released and that is that.

Cheers :)