Sign in to follow this  
Faggala

Hitting Zombies With Vehicles

Just a simple suggest, I would like it so you can actually take enjoyment in mowing down zombies in your vehicle. Right now you just hit the zombie/animal and they just fall down and maybe go flying with no ragdoll. I'm not sure if its possible with the new standalone engine but just adding it so zombies have ragdoll and have proper collision with vehicles making them fly around getting killed more realistically would make the game more enjoyable for me and hopefully others, it is the little things that really count.

would also be pretty nice to add those road kill zombies to your kill count

While it would benefit my playstyle for this to happen (I choose to run over zombies whenever possible, to preserver ammo) It would make zombie kill leaderboards a little unfair. A player who runs through all of cherno "placing lead to head" so to speak, would still not kill as many zombies as a player who simply drove through the same city, running over groups of four and five at a time.

Right now, a zombie kill score of 100-200 will likely earn you the top spot on small servers. With this implementation, we would see a drastic raise in those scores, and an unfairness placed upon those who hunted their undead prey, as apposed to those who would just drive around door checking them all with their shiny SUV.

Car's should take minor damage from hitting Zeds. Real life car can get pretty banged up from hitting a deer, so some damage should occur from hitting Zed after Zed.

• Like 2

Car's should take minor damage from hitting Zeds. Real life car can get pretty banged up from hitting a deer, so some damage should occur from hitting Zed after Zed.

Modern plastic cars do get banged up.

Those ingame? They're old and back then cars were entirely made from metal. None of the cars ingame should get damaged if they hit anything below 30 but above that, it's a different story.

Those ingame? They're old and back then cars were entirely made from metal. None of the cars ingame should get damaged if they hit anything below 30 but above that, it's a different story.

Whatever you say

While it would benefit my playstyle for this to happen (I choose to run over zombies whenever possible, to preserver ammo) It would make zombie kill leaderboards a little unfair. A player who runs through all of cherno "placing lead to head" so to speak, would still not kill as many zombies as a player who simply drove through the same city, running over groups of four and five at a time.

Right now, a zombie kill score of 100-200 will likely earn you the top spot on small servers. With this implementation, we would see a drastic raise in those scores, and an unfairness placed upon those who hunted their undead prey, as apposed to those who would just drive around door checking them all with their shiny SUV.

It's amazing how easily people can find insignificant unrelated issues about simple suggestions.

A zombie still weighs an easy 60-80 kg, even a Military offroad which I believe is a Land Rover Defender wouldn't be able to take too many hits from zombies until breaking. Maybe in the future we can build proper cattle bumpers or a cow catcher on the vehicles for moving down zombies in mass.

• Like 1

Wow you obviously have NO IDEA what happens in a collision at 30 km/h is A LOT and would make any car get some serious damage to it even if it is with a lighter object, like a human body.

Edited by Grodenn
  • Like 1

I hit a goat today in my Volga going 90 km/h and it flew a couple stories high and about 100 yards in front of the car. :|