nitrius

Low fps after the 1.7.1 update?

well i just try all tweaks that i can find, try all at normal like rocket said in one post, try everything on low, on high, tweak all cfg files, add lines to command console. install a fresh copy and nothing. i cant play dayz anymore its umplayblabe. its a shame :(

Like I said, keep trying other servers.

Moments ago 8fps on one server then 35 odd on another

The FPS difference on the "different" servers are due to the amount of "zombies" in your "rendering" "proximity". The less zombies around you, the more fps you have and viceversa.

For example: I tried running straight into the forest, 30-50fps there. Started seeing some zombies at a barn, down to 20-25fps. Still playable.

Then I got close to a "village" where I could not count the amount of zombies on both of my hands, and my FPS plummeted down to 12fps.

I run with lowest settings, no AA and "no" shadows, aswell as disabled processing. I'd say its closely related to the zombies, as changing servers does NOTHING at all. ( Atleast not for me. )

Then how does that explain my cpu/gpu not being utilized? If that's the case then when there are more zombies around my hardware is effectively doing nothing yet surely the workload should increase.

As I said before 8fps on one server next to no load on cpu and gpu, change server 35 fps odd and surprise surprise my hardware is actually under load.

Edit: It may not be a case of just changing one server, you need to try several out, I tried 4 servers today before I got anywhere.

It may be new for some but people have had this problem before 1.7.1 it has just been ignored or thread deleted

Same problem here. The fps was already too low' date=' now it is unplayable.

[/quote']

yeah the fps before was crap like 40 then i got down to 20 and now 5...

I've been playing with 6-10 FPS since the beginning of May now. Last week for whatever reason I was getting 17 FPS and it felt amazing. (A little sad that so low FPS feels good)

I as well am always on 0% GPU load, and my FPS doesn't change no matter what settings a put them at, max settings AA,etc,etc still get 6-10 FPS or with lowest setting and lowest possible 3d res still 6-10 FPS.

My CPU usage only get to like 60% same with RAM usage.

Rocket tweeted this a couple of minutes ago:

Hotfix inbound +/- six hours to address a line-of-sight issue and performance issue relating to zombie and loot spawning. -Rocket

Well i got the same issue aswell. I got it since i started in 1.6. There i had sometimes good fps, sometims <10. In 1.7 it was locked to 10-15fps all along and now in 1.7.1 its stuck below 10. Singleplayer never caused problems .

My MSI Afterburner shows me a 10% GPU usage but my CPU is running at 50-80%

Hope that announced hotfix finally solves this problem for me. Its really a great project and i appreciate you work, but it is still unplayable for me.

Specs:

-AMD Phenom II 4x 1.6ghz

-Nvidia 275 Gtx

-6gb ram

runnign Win7 Ultimate

It's the beta patch, just hang outside the game until there's a fix. Unless you want to lag-shoot zombies and other players

Arma2:OA with lots of tanks and solders loaded (map editor mode), on "Cherno" map, just flaying 60 fps.

Arma2:Dayz same location no Zeds, no anther props, 20-30 fps and it drops to 5 fps in the end, can it be explained?

AMD x4 core

8GB ram

Win7:64bit

GTX460 768mb

If you had stable, high FPS before 1.7.1 just play on 1.7.0 servers until the issue is fixed.

Just joined a 1.7 server even though I had 1.7.1 installed. Funnily enough my fps was perfectly fine there. not an issue AT ALL.

join a 1.71 server and fps is crippled again.

anyone got a link to the old ones so I can roll back please? -.-

Hehe, see? It's just an issua of the new update and it was a big update. I'm pretty sure they will fix it soon.

i would say that this definently has something to do with 1.7.1

was running 60 FPS solid before the update.. now no matter what settings I use I can't get above 20.

here's to hoping that Rocket and his team will fix this within the hour! :)

P.S.

AWESOME GAME!

For alot of people there is an issue with the new update but many others have been suffering with low fps BEFORE this update

Same problem here.

Before the patch i was running GREAT FPS, and could run the game on Medium/High settings.

Now even on Low/Lowest i get a mere 5-9 FPS, If that. COMPLETELY unplayable. I am now re-downloading and re-installing OA On steam, and then will try again.

That could be because DayZ is a mod that needs an incredible PC to run well. You have good graphics (I think they're good) and a big map of 225km² with players and zombies all over it. So if your PC is not strong enough it's not fault of the mod that you can't play it. I mean to be honest... If it wouldn't have a map that big it wouldn't be that awesome.

Same problem here.

Before the patch i was running GREAT FPS' date=' and could run the game on Medium/High settings.

Now even on Low/Lowest i get a mere 5-9 FPS, If that. COMPLETELY unplayable. I am now re-downloading and re-installing OA On steam, and then will try again.

[/quote']

Why are you re-downloading and re-installing it? The question is not if it's a problem of your PC/your version. It is an issue of Beta 1.7.1 and it luckily is backwards compatible so we can still play on servers with an older version running. Just wait for the fix and until then play on servers running an older version.

Yes because a HD6970, i7 920@4gig and 6gb isn't enough?

Not to mention what I have repeatedly been saying about cpu/gpu utilization being next to nothing hence the low fps.

And the cpu/gpu utilization being so low is obviously an error in the code or something like that (I'm not that good with codes and scripts and so on). But until the issue is fixed just go to 1.7.0 servers and play there. And I think it will be fixed soon.

Exactly the same

I don't like your signature. Me and 7 of my friends dropped 30$ on ARMA just to play Day Z. None of us really complain and we work through the bugs. Your sig was for the whiners and ungratefuls, but you managed to hurt the good guys too =<

Ugh I told sh*t. That version isn't backwards compatible? Right, wrong version of DayZ Code... Well I guess I'll just wait for the fix then.