Sign in to follow this  
JD4SPURS

Looting...

So I don't have this mod, but I am trying to prepare for the standalone. I'm pretty sure it will be similar but I'm not sure anyways. This is a simple question... Where is loot? Like I know its in places but how rare are this found on the ground... Rarely? Or is there like all kinds of loot everywhere, like in almost every building? Help me out here. Thanks :)

Loot is basically everywhere. There is a lot of trash loot though like tin cans and old bottles though. Right now, it only spawns in and around specific buildings. Check out some DayZ videos on YouTube. They do a pretty good job of showing how it works.

Where there is loot there are zombies. And where there are dead zombies, there are hungry players. And dead players usually means angry and hungry players.

http://www.youtube.com/user/FRANKIEonPCin1080p

You might want to watch this guy's DayZ video serie.

It's nicely edited to make it far less boring to watch,

even if it didn't have the amusing and informative commentary the guy is doing while playing.

Plus, he starts playing the part of a good guy after a few episodes, so he's a good role-model for a new player.

every building is classified as military, industrial, farm, residential. every kind has different loot. they all have lootpiles on the ground