__Benny__

Standalone or arma?

Get em both, there's more to dayz than the SA! You'll miss out on the maps and experience.

Remember it's Arma2 and Operation Arrowhead!

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25
  • Like 4

Depends. If you're going to buy arma JUST for DayZ, wait for the standalone and save yourself the money.

However, if you're interested in Arma 2, I'd recommend getting it. It's a really good game for those who are into it. So if you're interested in Arma, get it. Otherwise waiting is the best option. It should come out this month! :D

Edit: What he said, too^^

Edited by Mini Maracas

Rumoured to be in the 15 range!

Seriously get arma2OA and get on board te crazy train, get your mates, grab a gun and go zombie bangin!

Yes, Arma 2 is amazing. I would buy it...if you don't like all of the complexity of Arma, there are many fun mods/addons to it, such as the Life mod which is absolutely amazing.

Some of the funniest moments I have had in gaming has come from a Life server.

seen as the standalone is not out yet and no definate release date (that i know of)

you should get arma2 w/ operation arrowhead

>> one of the best fucking games(/mod) i have played <<<

• Like 1

if you dont buy Arma, you can't practice flying helicopters untill you find one in DayZ... and thats a little too late to start learning unless you want to crash into a mountain or get shot by a bandit

get Arma, play it BEFORE DayZ to get the hang of the controls and play style, then jump into the horror!

Get both, if you have to choose one or the other though I would wait.

• Like 4

Ok thanks for the advice guys im gonna get both

Edited by __Benny__
  • Like 1

May I also recommend you use DayZ Commander for all the other map downloads and updates?

Lots of us here use it and it's great! Free to download and there's a thread in these forums!

guys i wanna play DayZ so much and i dont have arma 2 or anything i think that i will take the arma 2 w/ CO but i still dont get the whole thing with the mod...i mean it is easy to mod it after u install the game?